Forums > The Group of Manliness

Fucking Man O' The Month Febuary.

Posts (14)

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31126687 - 8 years ago

Ok shit birds, we're back up with our contest.

Hope you little twinkle toed commie shit suckers didn't grow soft on me over the break while you ate that Christmas chocolate.
    (and there better have been some praise to THE man Jesus going on.)

So any way the catagory this month is
    (survey SAYS!!!!)

Garage Inventors!
    Basically some redneck/blue collar who broke ground and invented something at home that stomped mainstream scientist's ass.

Same rules apply. Follow or i will tear you a new asshole and then stomp it so hard il wear your colon as a sock!

ready, set, GO!!!!

• DaKillaKing

DaKillaKing

#31126688 - 8 years ago

This man is from my own NZ. A place where men are men, and if you don't havesomething, ya make it yourself. Like this guy.

His name is Rudy Heeman and he built a hovercraft in his shed.

Not any hover craft, one that flies.
    1HoverwingBAR_800x448.jpg

1.8 litre engine, 225kmh range and the ability to fucking fly this is one manly fucking Beast. And it's classified as a marine vehicle, so no flying license required. This guy, a farmer, made it in his shed for the practicality of moving easily around his farm.

This guy is fucking manly.

Not to mention the inspiration for this months theme.

• Ashryka

Ashryka

#31126689 - 8 years ago

ripsaw_ms2.jpg

Ripsaw: The World’s Fastest Tank

Twin brothers, Geoff and Mike Howe, created one of the largest and fastest unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs) ever produced, and the U.S. military is impressed enough to have tested the gigantic device. At 60 miles per hour, and the ability to withstand a jump 50 feet in the air, the Ripsaw demanded a total makeover of the traditional tank. This thing was driven to destruction and back.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8AW8lj-iH0
    This thing is not only fast, it's agile, it will go over and through anything. It can be unmanned and equipped with all sorts of cool equipment, and it does not break down without a fight. This is a picture of the inventors
    Michael-GeoffreyHowe.jpg
    So my vote for this manly category is for them.

• osiris32

osiris32

#31126690 - 8 years ago

Well, mine isn't as manly as a tank or a flying hovercraft. This guy invented a simple, easy-to-use, long-lasting, and durable flashlight. No a big deal, right?

The guy who invented it was only 15.

His brother was going to hike the Pacific Crest Trail, which is a long trail that runs from Canada to Mexico along the west coast. With a distance that great, batteries become a major weight consideration. So this kid, his name is Ben Henry, puts together this little tiny flashlight that snaps right on to the top of a 9 volt battery. The thing worked great, his electronics teacher in school was impressed, and the went public with it. A few months later, this kid was invited to attend DARPA. Long story short, this genius kid was awarded a multi-million dollar defense contract to make these lights for the US military. He started his own company, and has made millions off of this. It may not be a tank, but lots of people use this light every day. I carry 2 in my fire pack.

They look like this:
    super_rounded_400.jpg

• DaKillaKing

DaKillaKing

#31126691 - 8 years ago

In reply to osiris32, #4:

where can I get one of these? They look really useful.

• Ashryka

Ashryka

#31126692 - 8 years ago

In reply to osiris32, #4:

No picture of the dude who made it?

• osiris32

osiris32

#31126693 - 8 years ago

In reply to Ashryka, #6:

Nope, the company doesn't have one of him up.

In reply to DaKillaKing, #5:

www.9voltlight.com

Post edited 1/08/11 3:13AM

• DaKillaKing

DaKillaKing

#31126694 - 8 years ago

In reply to osiris32, #7:

Thanks. I think I'll oreder some for my disaster kit, among other things.

• Ashryka

Ashryka

#31126695 - 8 years ago

I'm just wondering, are you guys nominating the dudes or the inventions, because the last few times we've submitted pictures of the dude we're nominating.

• DaKillaKing

DaKillaKing

#31126696 - 8 years ago

In reply to Ashryka, #9:

It's the invention thatwe're judging the dude on. The epicness of his creation is the deciding factor of his manliness this month. As long as he has balls, and created something new in a DIY style he is in the running.

• Slaktare

Slaktare

#31126697 - 8 years ago

I declare bush league if the tank does not win...

• DaKillaKing

DaKillaKing

#31126698 - 8 years ago

In reply to Slaktare, #11:

Bush league?

• Ashryka

Ashryka

#31126699 - 8 years ago

In reply to DaKillaKing, #12:

Adj. 1) Below good standards, not good or incorrect. Pitiful, poor, terrible, awful, bad, sucky,
    "That's a bushleague call, ref."
    In short , Slaktare is saying that in his opinion the tank is the obvious choice, and that if it loses, then the winner is the incorrect choice.

Thank you Urban Dictionary.

Disclaimer:* Slaktare's opinions do not necessarily represent my own.

• DaKillaKing

DaKillaKing

#31126700 - 8 years ago

In reply to Ashryka, #13:

Ah. Thank you, my good sir.

I tip my hat to you.
    Gary_Cooper_tipping_his_top_hat_small.jp