Forums > The Group of Manliness

The fucking man of the month August.

Posts (13)

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31256829 - 8 years ago

Ok you slack jawed bastard, I won with my nomination of god, got a problem? suck my balls and we'll discuss it. (Not)

ok so this month, the category is.... INTERNET REVIEWERS!!!!
    such as internet movie critics, video game reviewers, comic books, music, IF THEY REVIEW IT AND THEY ARE MANLY POST IT!!!

normal rules apply.
    plus the must be on the internet, they must have a minimum of 10 videos to count, they must be internet based, they cant just be some loser from youtube, they need to have effort.

got it? good.
    get to rolling dick weeds.

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31256830 - 8 years ago

let me start off with the obvious winner:

SPOONY OF THE SPOONY EXPERIMENT!!!!
    SpoonyOne-ChristmasSpecialExtraSire.jpg
    (Spoony ,aka Noah Antwieler, chillin with his robot Burton, who shoots lazers...i shit you not)

not only the one internet celebrity with same kick ass hair, but also makes a living off him screwing in front of a camera.
    thats badass...Bad games and movies are never safe from the SpoonyOne!!!
    hell how much more awesome can he get?
    this is how.
    SpoonyOneFinalFantasyVIIIReviewPart8322.
    DOCTOR FUCKING INSANO!!!!! his persona as insano has made him infamous on a level that even ray william faggot johnson can't touch!!
    And he also knows what manlyness is about! want proof?
    well he is a fan of one of the most underrated badasses of all time...Reb Brown!!!
    EXAMPLE: spoonyexperiment.com/2011/02/25/rebruary-mercenary-fighters/ Go to time 10:20 for some kick ass head exploding manliness!

Where have you seen this manly man before?
    probably on the Thatguywiththeglasses.com as probably as big if not bigger than the guy who the site is named after. and for good reason.
    More proof: spoonyexperiment.com/2009/09/06/robowar-review/ go to time 23:40 for badassness x2
    hell even more proof while takeing on a fucking Balrog: spoonyexperiment.com/2010/07/04/ultima-1-the-first-age-of-darkness/ go to time 5:50 for Gandalf with a fucking grenade launcher killing a fire demon (also the persona he used in the thatguywiththeglassess anniversery crossover 7 part series "Suburban Knights")....i fucking kid you not.
    in fact he (and his brother who joins him on vlogs about more recent movies) even proved on how shitty the Deadliest warrior is: spoonyexperiment.com/2010/05/06/vlog-5-6-10-the-deadliest-warrior/
    (just watch the whole thing like the other vids...because they are worth it!
    then goes and makes his own better version to parody it: spoonyexperiment.com/2010/12/05/the-deadliest-character/
    now i could give examples on how he rips games like final fantasy a new one...but hey why listen to me when you could just watch them!

hell his theme song by one the few actual rock bands (not including metal since it's in its own class now) left, The Irresponsibles, even licensed him their hit single "Break Me" just so he could have a theme song and they could get recognized by his majesty.

this my friend is a fucking man worthy of history and religious books and multiple comedy awards (such as a webby which he won)

*Note, since these are Blip.tv movies, you cant really skip around them very easy so just go ahead and enjoy the whole thing, trust me this guy is why i'm getting into internet reviewing.

• Ashryka

Ashryka

#31256831 - 8 years ago

220px-Geoff_Ramsey.jpg
    Geoff Ramsey.
    Because he's:
    1) Ex-military.
    2) Does all the achievement Hunter videos.
    3) Has a beard you can get lost in on the days he doesn't shave.
    4) Has an awesome wife.
    5) Is totally awesome himself.
    This is the guy who destroyed six zombies with a shotgun in reality. We're talking epic cool.
    RoosterTeeth-ImmersionZombieHeadshots456
    This is a beer guzzling, shotgun wielding soldier who now entertains us with his reviews of recent games. How cool can you get?

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31256832 - 8 years ago

In reply to Ashryka, #3:

While Geoff is a pretty cool guy I don't think he's an actual reviewer.
    A gaming guide isn't the same as critiqueing

• WARDOG01

WARDOG01

#31256833 - 8 years ago

In reply to jegsimmons1, #4:

Coming from the guy who won last month.. on accident.. by nominating GOD!! I say Geoff is a legal nomination.

In reply to Ashryka, #3:

He's ex-military?.. when did this happen?

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31256834 - 8 years ago

In reply to WARDOG01, #5:

ah...touche`

p.s. did anyone even READ my post? or was just tl;dr?

• Ashryka

Ashryka

#31256835 - 8 years ago

In reply to WARDOG01, #5:

He's made several references to his time spent serving in the Army on various drunk tanks, and also in several of the Immersion videos. Achievement Hunter also have a "This is ...." where they do review some of the latest games coming out, so I'd call that a reasonable nomination.

• WARDOG01

WARDOG01

#31256836 - 8 years ago

In reply to Ashryka, #7:

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know, cause I never knew that. Cool. I'll have to look into it.

• WARDOG01

WARDOG01

#31256837 - 8 years ago

In reply to jegsimmons1, #6:

The GOD one? I did... but I voted anyway =p

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31256838 - 8 years ago

In reply to WARDOG01, #9:

no spoony's

• osiris32

osiris32

#31256839 - 8 years ago

Well, since I've been without internets for a while, and when I did have them, I was working my ass off, I'm a little late to the party. But I've got a good nomination for y'all:

Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, host and narrator for Zero Punctuation:

yahtzee.jpg

Why? For one thing, he NEVER bends to the will of any game production company. He has NEVER given out a 100% positive review, and in fact, the vast majority of them have been completely negative. His animations are simple yet very effective, and the insults that he writes are imaginative and downright hilarious. The term "Pants on Head Retarded" has become a new moniker of mine.

Plus, just look at the guy. He's relaxed. He has a beard. He sports a fedora and fucking OWNS it. He has a kick-ass British accent, and lives in Australia, which is one of the most fucked up continents on the planet (they have TREES that will kill you. And not just kill you, make you feel sad before you die. You gotta be a fucking manly man to live there)

So yeah, Vote for Yahtzee. If you don't, you're:

thumb-62749.jpg

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31256840 - 8 years ago

In reply to osiris32, #11:

oh damn thats a good one.
    but even yahtzee expressed his likeing for spoony.

true fact, look it up.

• osiris32

osiris32

#31256841 - 8 years ago

In reply to jegsimmons1, #12:

Okay, true, but A) Spoony has already been nominated and B) I HAVE THE FUCKING T SHIRT:

n1212343995_429688_6771421.jpg

(That's me, some frat brothers and sisters, and a semi-shitty bar in Jacksonville, Florida)