Forums > The Group of Manliness

"The Fucking Man" of the Month: June

Posts (13)

• WARDOG01

WARDOG01

#31666303 - 7 years ago

Alright kids, it appears that there's been a lot of slacking off in the group lately when it comes to the posts. With 5 Admins onboard, that's unacceptable. But apparently I'm back online from my hiatus, so I'm taking the group back, starting now.. with this contest.

Ok, this months theme was resurrected from our first year, Manliest Comic Book Hero. This can be any hero, from any professionally published (or mainstream independent) comic. We will have until the 28th to make nominations, and 3 days to cast final votes. Normal contest rules apply:

1. Must have a picture of your nomination.
    2. Must give some rational reasoning as to why your nomination is the manliest. (Not just that "he's so badass". That doesn't tell us shit, and you should be shot.)
    3. Neg mods on comments count, but not on actual nominations. If you don't like someone's nomination, don't fucking vote for it.

It's that damn simple, make it happen smiley13.gif

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31666304 - 7 years ago

wait are we just doing HEROS?
    are are we including anti-heros?

• GenRev

GenRev

#31666305 - 7 years ago

Guy%20Gardner%201.jpg
    Putting my Nomination up for Guy Gardner
    He's always ready for a fuckin fight.
    He continues to wear some form of bowl haircut despite it's lameness because he doesn't give a shit.
    He hates Superman...

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31666306 - 7 years ago

I nominate my MAIN MAN called the MAIN MAN:

LOBO

Lobo.jpg

Lobo, Aka- The Main Man, The 'Bo, Master Frag, Mister Machete, Scourge o' the Cosmos, The Ultimate Bastich

Started off as an anti-hero bounty hunter who would drink heavily, fuck space nuns, eat his lawyer after turning into a werewolf (dont ask) harass a local restaurant, beat up people, invent his own cuss words (bastich, fraggin, frack, ect) smoke cigars IN SPACE, listens to heavy metal (because he had a a radio playing ONLY metal installed in his head) killed his entire race to be an individual (claimed it was a science project and gave himself an A+) beat up superman for the hell of it, can clone himself from a drop of blood (and will kill said clone, because, you know, individual.) and basicly just do what ever the fuck he wants!!!!!!

lobo3.jpg
    wait? so how is he a hero?
    well.....uh....um....ok he HAS joined up with multiple justice teams to stop bad guys before, and does it willingly, because he has a good heart.....its in the back of his fridge.

lobo_flips_the_bird_comic_book_image.jpg
    So anyway, what does this gun totting, chain hook slashing baddass have for powers?
    Superhuman sense of smell, strength, stamina, and durability
    Regenerative healing factor
    Immortality
    Genius level intellect
    is just the jist of it. he can beat up superman, out think batman (when he isnt drunk....which is almost always) took out Santa and the Easter Bunny (crime lords, who knew?) makes Spawn look like an emo bitch, and got a recommendation and honor FROM MADDOX THE MAN WHO WROTE THE BOOK ON MANLYNESS!!!!
    www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=dare_devil
    (read all the way to the bottom)

But in recent times, Lobo has slowed down his murderous rampage (to give people a fair chance)
    He's fought with the groups:
    Young Justice
    Justice League
    Justice League
    Church of the Triple-Fish God (don't ask)
    R.E.B.E.L.S.
    ect.

Lobo.........you may not know of him before....but he'll kill yer ass now....BASTICH!!!

(p.s. Lobo, highway the hell two shot was actually written by members of the thrash metal band Anthrax, who is manly as any metal band can be....just a a side note)

• BadAdvice

BadAdvice

#31666307 - 7 years ago

IN HONOR OF NOMINATING HULK, BADADVICE TALK IN BIG LETTERS.

NOW POST PICTURES OF HULK SMASH.

avengers-hulk-smashing-loki.gif
    loki-after-getting-smashed-avengers.gif
    hulk-avengers-puny-god.gif

HULK MANLIEST BECAUSE HULK SMASH.

But seriously, it's the fucking Hulk. We're talkin' about the a character that not only waged war on an entire planet of superheroes (read: EARTH), but kicked their asses, too.

What's that? You say Abomination beat the Hulk? Huh, well, I guess you're right.

Know what happened to Abomination? Mother fucker died. He got his ass kicked by Red Hulk. THEN RED HULK GOT HIS ASS BEAT BY GREEN HULK.

Not enough Hulk for you? Wrong. That's all the Hulk you need.

This guy's taken on gods, lifted Thor's hammer, torn planets literally in half, conquered entire species, become a Horseman of the Apocalypse, got it on with more colors of the rainbow than you knew existed, headbutted nuclear missiles, beaten nearly every major brawler in the Marvel universe, and to top it all off, he's also one of the most brilliant minds in comics when he's not busy being the manliest mother fucker this side of everything.

Besides, if you don't choose Hulk to be the manliest comic book hero, he'll get angry.

And you won't like him when he's angry...

250px-Incredible-hulk-20060221015639117.

• IsTheBear

IsTheBear

#31666308 - 7 years ago

In reply to jegsimmons1, #2:

answer:

So long as it is not a villian; no villians allowed this round

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31666309 - 7 years ago

In reply to IsTheBear, #6:

ok cool, my nomination holds strong then.

• GenRev

GenRev

#31666310 - 7 years ago

In reply to jegsimmons1, #4:

I stand by Guy Gardner, but Lobo is a freakin awesome choice!

• Ashryka

Ashryka

#31666311 - 7 years ago

Obvious vote is obvious, but I'm voting for Thor.
    Thor_comic_gal-thumb-400x441-10602.jpg
    This beast of a superhero is a Norse God who kicks so much ass and hits so much ass with his hammer that there is hardly any evil ass left unsullied by his wake, and he's been defending the planet since the 1960's (First comic featuring Thor: 1962) Blond, muscular and decked in full armour, unspeakably good combatant, what isn't there to like? A comic book character so awesome, they got this guy
    The-Avengers-Thor-640x960.jpg
    Chris Hemsworth of all people, to play him in Thor and The Avengers. He's a manly man, end of story. Period.Goodnight.

• jegsimmons1

jegsimmons1

#31666312 - 7 years ago

In reply to Ashryka, #9:

i gotta upvote just out of respect for vikings, and the movie thor was excellent. Hemsworth is good with the right director. that and he's Captain Kirks dad.

• osiris32

osiris32

#31666313 - 7 years ago

He's not listed? HE'S NOT FUCKING LISTED?!

There is but one man allowed to wear the mantle of Manliest Super Hero:

CAPTAIN AMERICA

captain-america.jpg

Why? Well, first off, the very first thing he ever did, THE VERY FIRST TIME HE WAS EVER SEEN, he was punching fucking Hitler in the face. In. The. FACE. No one else, not in real life or in the comics, EVER, has pulled that off. He then went on to be the most badass of superheros, facing off against Gods, Gods who had killed other Gods. And not once did he ever flinch. He looked Thanos of Titan in the face, after Thanos had killed half the damn galaxy and EVERY OTHER AVENGER, and told him essentially, "Come at me, bro." Thor's hammer fell uselessly on Korvac, but Captain America's fists pummeled him mercilessly. And to top it off, when Captain America was murdered, his last words were not of regret, or of love, or of anger. They were, "Get the crowd to safety, no more innocents should be hurt."

Fuck, I cry man tears at that level of self sacrifice.

CaptainAmericaPt_article_story_main.jpg

And he isnt just some flag-waving "patriot" who is nothing more than a piece of governmental propaganda. He believes in, and fights for, the American IDEAL. Freedom. Justice. Tolerance. Honor. These are not just words to Captain America, these are universal truths that must be upheld at all costs. Lest we forget, he voluntarily laid down his shield when his own government became corrupt, and tried to usurp him. Instead of blindly following along, he took the hig road, the moral road, even though it cost him dearly.

captain-america-wallpaper.jpg

And he dispenses damn good advice as well. His speech to spiderman is particularly good:

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world-- No, you move.

page2captainamerica.jpg

A scrawny boy, who volunteered to put himself at risk, because not just his country, but his PEOPLE needed him to. Spent the rest of his life putting the lives of others ahead of himself. And went to his grave serving the greater good. If that's not the best fucking man ever, then I'm Rosie O'Donnell and you can lick my hairy twat.

• WARDOG01

WARDOG01

#31666314 - 7 years ago

In reply to osiris32, #11:

Dat Post

Not only did you jack my nomination, but I think you might've done it better than I would have.... bravo.

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world-- No, you move.

This.

• BadAdvice

BadAdvice

#31666315 - 7 years ago

I also want to applaud everyone here for making me spawn a fourth testicle from the sheer tenacity and manliness of these nominations. We've got some pretty sweet writers in our midst.