Forums > The Latecomers

Sports

Posts (50)

• Simon

Simon

#32254472 - 5 years ago

I have no idea if this will get much response or just die a death in here, but I can't be the only Latecomer with a vague interest in sports. So I figured those who do like it can converse on the subject here smiley1.gif

With that in mind the new English Premier League (soccer) season starts in just 2 days, who's excited? Got your fantasy teams sorted yet?

Post edited 8/15/13 4:07PM

• becka

becka tniy becker

#32254473 - 5 years ago

Quidditch.

• Simon

Simon

#32254474 - 5 years ago

In reply to Becka, #2:

They are people who play that in real life, it was in my local paper about 2 months or so ago smiley4.gif

• SpartanSloth

SpartanSloth

#32254475 - 5 years ago

I have a burning passion for dodgeball, but in Brazil it is considered a children's game, so we don't have any leagues or anything here (that pisses me off). I also like basketball, although I suck at it. Formula one is pretty dandy too, but I don't know if it is considered an actual sport. Quidditch is pretty good (the non-mugle version, because the real deal has murdering balls going after players), but I've never seen the mugle version.

• QMrhappy

QMrhappy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Livin' la vida aburrida

#32254476 - 5 years ago

Being from the southern US, I'm obligated to like NASCAR...nah, but I do watch the occasional game of football.

• Krysciia

Krysciia

#32254477 - 5 years ago

My dad used to be in multiple sports teams during his high school days, and a coach for baseball, so I kinda grew up only learning about football, baseball, and basketball. However, the only sport I really care about is college basketball.

On to Quidditch, my university was like the top 30 or so in the country for it, and since the rest of the sports teams sucked, it was the only thing worth watching. It's kinda cool to see them play, and hear they beat out top universities.

• ArmadashRG

ArmadashRG

#32254478 - 5 years ago

I'm not necessarily a fan of any team in the BPL but it has to be the most exciting league in Europe, and being Spanish I should defend La Liga to death but since my team is in the equivalent of Championship... fuck that.

For the rest I do watch the NFL and MMA mainly.

• Simon

Simon

#32254479 - 5 years ago

In reply to ArmadashRG, #7:

What team in NFL do you follow?

This season in EPL should be brilliant, so difficult to predict where most teams are going to finish.

• ArmadashRG

ArmadashRG

#32254480 - 5 years ago

Ive been a Carolina Panthers fan since Jake Delhomme took them to the Superbowl in 2003. Yourself?

It's gonna interesting to see Mourinho back and a ManU without Fergie

• Simon

Simon

#32254481 - 5 years ago

In reply to ArmadashRG, #9:

I'm a packers fan solely because they were in the first superbowl i watched and i picked them as my team before it started lol

Yeah i think chelsea will win it but top half of the table is going to be where the fight is this season i think

• jmac61

jmac61

#32254482 - 5 years ago

I myself am a fan of QPR so I've been in soccer mode for the past few weeks (fingers crossed for instant promotion back to the Prem!) As for the BPL, I'm curious to see how Arsenal are going to fare this year considering everyone else in the top 4 plus Spurs made improvements and Wenger's just sat there and done absolutely nothing.

Other than soccer I'm a big hockey fan, and I do watch the NFL and MLB as well.

• Jehson

Jehson FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Streets ahead

#32254483 - 5 years ago

I cheer on my Habs when they play, but that's pretty much it. I really can't stand watching sports, it's incredibly boring to me.

• Simon

Simon

#32254484 - 5 years ago

In reply to jmac61, #11:

Yeah Wenger has just sold players mainly, he says expect some business before the end of the window but I can't see anything exciting happening

• jmac61

jmac61

#32254485 - 5 years ago

In reply to BroNoodle, #13:

I don't see much happening either. I mean the only player he's brought in so far is a youth player from France. And every time Arsenal are linked to a player or have a deal near completion, they somehow find a way to mess it up. I hope something exciting happens though, I do casually like Arsenal and hope they can stay in the top 4 for another year.

• RunAwayImJak

RunAwayImJak

#32254486 - 5 years ago

Marching Band =D

• toops

toops FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32254488 - 5 years ago

Wall-Ball is my favorite sport to play, I've played since childhood but not recently. Favorite sport to watch: College Football (US). That's where the pride is at!

• birdvsplane

birdvsplane

#32254489 - 5 years ago

Chicago Bears, Chi-town Bulls, and St. Louis Cards fan here. Super into most sports, watching or playing!

• pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

#32254490 - 5 years ago

I used to be pretty big into baseball. I love my home team smiley12.gif (Houston Astros)

• Danielle

Danielle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32254491 - 5 years ago

Love watching football/hockey.

But I really adore playing tennis. :)

• Simon

Simon

#32254492 - 5 years ago

In reply to soimdanielle, #20:

Tennis is one of those sports to that is good to play but terrible to watch smiley4.gif

• fgado

fgado

#32254493 - 5 years ago

My favorite sports are soccer witch I havent played in 5 years and archery. I need a new bow so my target is safe for now. or mayby I should say everything around my target is safe for now.

• DanThane

DanThane

#32254494 - 5 years ago

I'm also into football (soccer), support Newcastle United so I'm sure you feel sorry for me at the minute !!

• Simon

Simon

#32254495 - 5 years ago

In reply to DanThane, #23:

Newcastle United...Oh dear smiley4.gif

Just kidding I'm sure they will have a better season this season smiley0.gif

• Neil

Neil

#32254496 - 5 years ago

In reply to BroNoodle, #24:

I hope they get relegated this season. Joe Kinnear is as useful as tits on a bull and Pardew's face after Ben Arfa scored the winner for them last weekend was so smug, as if he had something to do with it. Even the players they are buying reek of mediocrity.

• Neil

Neil

#32254497 - 5 years ago

Also, I never truly chose a team to "support" because I never had any real connection to them. I always thought it was strange that so many people support Manchester United, a team that just happens to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. What a coincidence! (Glory-hunters)

I've always been sympathetic towards Liverpool because I feel they get too much hate from other clubs, especially in the past few seasons. They'd get mocked for not getting into the CL, even though they knew they had taken a step down in terms of quality. Every empire rises and every empire falls.

Dad was a Stoke City fan growing up so I've always had a soft spot for them too.

American football? Arizona Cardinals.