Forums > The Latecomers

Sports

Posts (50)

• Simon

Simon

#32254498 - 5 years ago

In reply to CptCaraher, #25:

Yeah they haven't done anything really in the transfer window so not looking good so far.

I agree with Liverpool though, they are a good team and from the look of them at the moment and the transfers they have made, I think they will make top 4 this season, or dare I say it, have a fight for the title.

• ArmadashRG

ArmadashRG

#32254499 - 5 years ago

Peyton Manning MVP anyone? just me? my dad maybe?

• KamakaziNES

KamakaziNES FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold SaneAdjacent

#32254500 - 5 years ago

I am, quite masochistically, a Calgary Flames fan, in the National Hockey League.

• jmac61

jmac61

#32254501 - 5 years ago

In reply to KamakaziNES, #29:

I think you guys will have a bright future sooner rather than later. Baertschi and Monahan are two solid, solid prospects who will definitely be at least top-6 forwards. Draft a few more core prospects and find a solid goalie to replace Kipper and you'll be back contending for a playoff spot in a few years. I'm an Isles fan so trust me I know how it feels when your team doesn't happen to be the best in the league hahaha. Just gotta wait for the rebuilding stage to finally pay off.

• Simon

Simon

#32254502 - 5 years ago

So we are few weeks into the English Premier League and the NFL, anyone got any thoughts on how things are going so far?

• Joshi

Joshi

#32254503 - 5 years ago

In reply to BroNoodle, #31:

I must say, little surprised with the results. Didn't expect Arsenal to come out firing like they did after loosing to the Villains the way they did. The way the top 6 sit shocks, im sure, most BPL followers. Kudos to Southampton too.

• Simon

Simon

#32254504 - 5 years ago

In reply to Joshi, #32:

yep kudos to my hometown (don't support them but hey smiley4.gif )

It is a surprising top of the table and I'm starting to believe that this year Arsenal or Liverpool could win the title at last

• Joshi

Joshi

#32254505 - 5 years ago

In reply to Simon, #33:

As much as i'd love for it to be our year, still a long ways yet

• King_Diddlez

King_Diddlez Easily Confused

#32254506 - 5 years ago

My favorite sport will have to be Basketball, played three years of my High School career. I am still debating if I should play this year.

• Simon

Simon

#32254507 - 5 years ago

In reply to BigJohn95, #35:

If you really are a Big John then I say go for it as you'll have the height needed smiley8.gif

• KamakaziNES

KamakaziNES FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold SaneAdjacent

#32254508 - 5 years ago

In reply to BigJohn95, #35:

Do it. Basketball is always fun as balls.

• Simon

Simon

#32254509 - 5 years ago

In reply to KamakaziNES, #37:

I used to enjoy playing it but being English it's not a big game here. I learnt all I know about Basketball from that great educational and true documentary Space Jam smiley8.gif

• KamakaziNES

#32254510 - 5 years ago

In reply to Simon, #38:

That documentary likely helped spark my desire to play, too

• Darkside89X

Darkside89X

#32254511 - 5 years ago

NFL - Miami Dolphins
    MLB - Seattle Mariners
    NBA - Portland Trailblazers
    MLS - Portland Timbers
    NCAA - U of O, Oregon Ducks

I'm not a huge fan of basketball, baseball, or soccer. My real passion is (American) Football. Can't get enough of it.

• Joshi

Joshi

#32254512 - 5 years ago

Anyone else check out the Real Madrid vs Sevilla game? It was insane. Had a bit of everything

• Thom

Thom

#32254513 - 5 years ago

I am massively into my football, especially the Premier League. Been an Evertonian for practically my whole life.

I take a passing interest in Wimbledon and the Olympics too, but other than that I don't follow anything else. Football has always been my sporting passion.

• Simon

Simon

#32254514 - 5 years ago

In reply to Joshi, #41:

I dont pay much attention to european leagues but i always here about good games being played.

In reply to thomhasthepo, #42:

Must be an interesting season for you, new manger and all that.

• Thom

Thom

#32254515 - 5 years ago

In reply to Simon, #43:

I wasn't fussed about Martinez taking over, but obviously our better style of football and good results have swayed me over... not to mention Moyes tarnishing his reputation with Evertonians, and Everton as a whole, with his comments in the media over the summer concerning Baines and Fellaini.

• Joshi

Joshi

#32254516 - 5 years ago

In reply to Simon, #43:

Neither do i but i just happened to spot it on TV and was gunna change channel when shit started to go down.

In reply to thomhasthepo, #44:

I have a soft spot for Everton.

Anyone hear about Joao Rodrigo Silva Santos? Bloody brutal....
    www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-248080...

• Joshi

Joshi

#32254517 - 5 years ago

I thought i should share this btw

9AthoB3.gif

• TheLastBen

TheLastBen the bubba

#32254518 - 5 years ago

My favorite sports teams are as follows; Bengals(NFL), Reds(MLB), Crew(MLS), Blue Jackets(NHL), Aston Villa(BPL), and the Cavaliers(NBA).

• KamakaziNES

#32254520 - 5 years ago

In reply to TheLastBen, #47:

I see no reason to hate you in that list... Congrats! We can be friends!

In reply to infideltaco, #48:

Not a chance!! Hockey is awesome :D

• mattsharpie

mattsharpie

#32254521 - 5 years ago

Anyone in here a big fan of the NHL like myself? My favourite teams are the Edmonton Oilers (hometown) and the New York Rangers. I'm also a huge Seattle Seahawks fan!

• RSGummybear

RSGummybear FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32254522 - 5 years ago

I'm a pretty big sports fan. Im a big fan of the Boston Bruins hockey team. I'd say hockey is number one on my list of sports. I'll just list everything else:

-Liverpool F.C. fan
    -New England Patriots fan
    -New England Revolution fan
    -Syracuse NCAA basketball
    -LSU football

and i think that pretty much covers it

• KamakaziNES

#32254523 - 5 years ago

In reply to mattsharpie, #50:

I am a huge NHL fan, but my hometown is Calgary, so we must be enemies!! ...although if you hate Vancouver with an unholy passion, perhaps we can reach a truce... I also have family in Washington State, so I am a satellite Seahawks fan haha