Forums > The Latecomers

No One Will Ever Believe Me

Posts (8)

• ArmadashRG

ArmadashRG

#32398320 - 5 years ago

Have you ever had a moment of absolute WIN, but one was around? Ever just wow'ed yourself but no one was there to give you that standing ovation you clearly deserve? This is the place you can tell us about it, and who would we be to distrust you!

So here is my story from today.
    As I do, every now and then I indulge in a salad, simple, not too fancy, just some green leaves, tomatoes and olives. But just my luck today I had forgotten to turn on the dishwasher and only had spoons... No worry, I'll make it work.

As I was eating the salad, one crazy olive decides to jump off my plate, kamikaze to the floor but for some reason, I went into complete focus mode and through catlike reflexes and athleticism that I don't actually have, I manage to catch the olive, with my spoon about an inch from the floor, while leaning half way off my chair.

The olive tasted like pure fucking victory.

This story was totally true, problem is... No One Will Ever Believe Me.

Have a better one? Tell us yours?

• CuriousKatt

CuriousKatt

#32398321 - 5 years ago

THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME! Once, I was playing Call of Duty and I love knifing the air for no reasn, pretty much something to do. I was playing with my Uk Kids (a few friends who all have some UK dialect who I used to play Halo and COD with) in a group and one of them called in an airstrike. Well, I was running along and jumped over a wall just in time to see a tank so I knife it and at that moment the tank blew up from the airstrike. From my point of view my soldier jumped over a wall, knifed a tank, and it exploded from my pure awesomeness.

• CEscalante

CEscalante

#32398322 - 5 years ago

Hmm...let's see...

So in my work, I actually go to a lot of anime/video game conventions as a guest/panelist. So I'm at this convention in Boise, ID, along with a bunch of awesome guys like Warky T. Chocobo (Voice Actor and Musician), Sonny Strait (Krillin in DBZ), Jason David Frank (Green Power Ranger), etc, and all of us are at a "Get Autographs from the Guests" table. So during all of this, I keep getting a bunch of kids coming up to me asking "Are you this guest?" and "Are you that guest?" I'm just responding with "No, he/she's over there." So I'm just sitting there bored.

Then one kid asks if I'm JDF, the Green Power Ranger, and I'm about to tell the kid the same thing, that he's over at that end of the table, when all of a sudden, JDF himself gets up from his seat, grabs a convention book, and comes over to me and asks if I'm JDF and would sign his con book with a silly grin on his face! Of course, I laughed and signed his book as himself, and he went and sat back down signing his own autographs. FRICKIN' AWESOME! XD

• ArmadashRG

ArmadashRG

#32398323 - 5 years ago

In reply to CEscalante, #3:

Yeah that's a hell of a story. You win sir, you sin.

• ArmadashRG

ArmadashRG

#32398324 - 5 years ago

win*

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32398325 - 5 years ago

In reply to CuriousKatt, #2:

I have a video game related as well.

My brother and I were playing the original Battlefront at Kashyyyk, on opposing teams (I was Republic/Clones and he was Separatist/Droids). I was a sniper and he was a Super Battle Droid. Those familiar with the level will know there are two parallel balconies/series of platforms.

We had been shooting at each other across these platforms for little bit, though I obviously had the advantage. Eventually I get my brother within one shot of death. He starts running down the docks (in the direction of the small island). He sees that there is an empty Spider Walker below the final platform.

I shoot him, shot after shot, but keep missing. I know that if he makes it to the Spider Walker, I'm bantha fodder (har har). He eventually reaches the end of the platform. As he is about to jump down to the Spider Walker, I ready what is my final chance to shoot him*.

At last he jumps. Time seemed to slow down, kind of like VATS in Fallout 3 & NV. Right as his character is in the air, starting to fall, arms up high (part of the animation), I take the shot.

BOOM.

He explodes, and we're both freaking out about what just happened. Even he is more excited than pissed about the fact that I got him. It was freaking awesome. I don't think I've ever more badly wish I had recorded part of a video game as I did at that moment.

*I may have had only one shot left in the clip/total, but I don't remember for sure.

• NoCheeseForMe

NoCheeseForMe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32398326 - 5 years ago

In reply to mdubmachine, #6:

God I loved Kashyyk. I sweaer it was the only map I ever played.

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32398327 - 5 years ago

In reply to Gnarlyharly, #7:

I liked it a lot too. I also liked Bespin Platforms, Kamino, and the Geonosis levels. The game's major shortcoming though was the lack of sprint, which Battlefront II had. I may need to get that for PC with some mods.