Forums > The Latecomers

Minecraft Realm?

Posts (71)

• Nic

Nic

#32484610 - 5 years ago

With the recent introduction of minecraft realms would people be interested if I bought one and run it as a Latecomers server? at the moment they don't support mods or texture packs...but that will come in the future. For now I'm sure we could survive without it.

Opinions?

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32484611 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #1:

Knowing how bug fixes and new content is handled with the game as it is, don't expect to see mod support added any time soon if at all tbh. I didn't think the realms turned out to be very good option, with almost all third party companies offering better deals with greater flexibility too. As awesome an idea it is, I would advise you to save your money mate, or go with a different option.

One of these days when the DayZ standalone is actually to a point it is playable and they stop being a bunch of dicks to server hosting companies with it, I should be getter a free minecraft server off of a mate who will be primarily running a DayZ hosting services with Minecraft on the side. And I would totally welcome all latecomers to hat, though if and when that will happen now is unsure, and this is more of an idea for if you guys don't go with a server yourselves ;P

• Nic

Nic

#32484612 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #2:

Firstly, DayZ is far more than playable. Even in this alpha state it's an amazing super fun game.
    Also, what do you mean? I was reading the FAQ and Mojang have said that they want to add them in...they are also kinda big on that whole constantly adding new content/updating things. It's also pretty cheap... £6.50 a month? with no need for any maintenance or setup

• Jehson

Jehson FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Streets ahead

#32484613 - 5 years ago

I'd be interested in a Latecomers server. Been thinking about getting back into minecraft lately anyway.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32484614 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #3:

I'm gonna let you finish but, the standalone seems to pale in comparison to the mod, it is starting to get it's legs now, but still anyone I know that has played both prefers to stick with the mod version still. And yes of course they said they want it to add it in, I think they should, think they will and hope they will, but what I mean is they have said they will add many things, then 5 updates later we get something completely different but close enough in their eyes. What I am saying is I wouldn't want you to put money down what could be in the future, it's gotta be what is available now. Yeah the price is cheap, there is cheaper options out there, but you don't have that financial security you will get with the bigger companies, and of course will always be best with Mojang themselves, especially with such a good price.

• becka

becka tniy becker

#32484615 - 5 years ago

I'd be up for messing around on our own server. I haven't played PC Minecraft in long enough.

• Nic

Nic

#32484616 - 5 years ago

In reply to Becka, #6:

Wait what...? I didn't even know you had it :o

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #5:

I did play the mod also. and me and all my friends i play with all much prefer the standalone. Its just got so much more than the mod...but i guess each to their own. And i guess that's kinda true, but mods aren't that big of a deal, the main driving factors were cheap price, no maintenance and what should be great stability.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32484617 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #7:

Well to as far an extent as Minecraft and stability can ever be in the same sentence to together anyway lol, but no you right. Yeah my mates played the standalone I think in the very early days, like first few weeks, and had a terrible time with it, and it had less features than the mod back then, but I believe that has indeed changed to be the other way round now. (Plus I manly have to be anti standalone to the sack of my server hosting friend, plus the Arma 2 was purchased for me, if I wait long enough hopefully the standalone will be purchased for me!)

• Nic

Nic

#32484618 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #8:

Hahaha. Solid plan.

I think you may just have awful experiences with games...i have mever had a stability issue with minecraft since the early alpha days

• MCPOLeigh116

#32484619 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #9:

.... Minecraft servers will never be massively stable things given how badly the game was made, you shouldn't ever get game crashes or the like unless you have a very dodgy PC, I don't think we were on the same page back there.

• Nic

Nic

#32484620 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #10:

Ah fair enough. Yeah they're not the greatest. But you never know, Mojang might be good at hosting their own game?

• MCPOLeigh116

#32484621 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #11:

I would hope so lol. The better they make the service, the richer they will be by removing a lot of the need for third party servers, and will make the whole hosting package easier for a lot of people, who may not have been able to do so before. I am just a very pessimistic person these days, so it is hard for me to believe it will end up as good as it should be.

• sonny88p

sonny88p

#32484622 - 5 years ago

I would like to play Minecraft again and a Latecomers server would be a great reason for me to do so

• Nic

Nic

#32484623 - 5 years ago

I was looking into it some more and you can only have 10 players on at one time, and only 20 in the white list...It may be okay. but using it for game nights is kinda looking slim. opinions

• MCPOLeigh116

#32484624 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #14:

I suggest you get everyone one wants in to say so, count em up, if you are over 20, it wouldn't be worth it off the bat, if it is only just over 10 and thus seems unlikely that all those people would be on at once it would be feasible, and if under 10 you would be fine.

• ArmadashRG

ArmadashRG

#32484625 - 5 years ago

I'd definitely be in!

• Nic

Nic

#32484626 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #15:
    This is a fairly decent idea. I'll stick a link to this poll in the next news, and in if youre new.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32484627 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #17:

lmfao, dat option B XD

• Nic

Nic

#32484628 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #18:

Sadly our American 'friends' *cough* cunts *cough* may not understand, with their lower level of dialogue #abuse

• MCPOLeigh116

#32484629 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #19:

Bahahahahaha, though to be honest, scrub is a gaming term these days, its use and meaning should be known to all gamers.

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32484630 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #19:

Dude, I am legit offended that you would think us being Americans makes us hella dumb with our choice of dialogue. It's not cool, bro. Hella weak.

Just kidding....just wanted to send a little Californian "dialogue" in your general direction. :)

What's sad is I didn't have to exaggerate the "California" slang that much. At all. I've begun to realize recently I follow more closely to the stereotypes than I originally thought. :P

• Nic

Nic

#32484631 - 5 years ago

In reply to mdubmachine, #21:

The thing is with American slang. It just kinda sucks. :p There are hardly any unique words, Enlgish dialects are like whole other languages.

Also, I've bought a realm..temporarily at least. Leave your minecraft name here, or send me a message and I'll add people to the white list when I get round to it :D

• sonny88p

sonny88p

#32484632 - 5 years ago

Well, I am sonny88p
    And right now I am very excited
    Yay Minecraft

• Nic

Nic

#32484633 - 5 years ago

In reply to sonny88p, #23:

You have been invited squire

• MCPOLeigh116

#32484634 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #24:

There's an invite system with realms, or you mean you just white listed him?