Forums > The Latecomers

Do you use any RTisms?

Posts (54)

• RunAwayImJak

RunAwayImJak

#32346705 - 5 years ago

Anything you hear on Red vs. Blue or the Let's Plays or something.

I know I've started using "shit on my dick!" whenever I'm surprised/annoyed. So far it hasn't gotten old xP

• Jehson

Jehson FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Streets ahead

#32346706 - 5 years ago

In reply to RunAwayImJak, #1:

Right off the top of my head I use Ray's "well, you know" way more that I should.

• Hook

Hook FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold er

#32346707 - 5 years ago

Me and my friend Tom basically communicate in RTisms. We both just sound like Ray the entire time. FRIENDSHIP, YUHYUHYUUUHHH!

• Nic

Nic

#32346708 - 5 years ago

In reply to RunAwayImJak, #1:

I think I've always said 'shit on my *insert body part hear*' but i definitely say '...... as dicks' a hell of a lot

• RunAwayImJak

RunAwayImJak

#32346709 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #4:

ahahahahaha I do that too. my favorite is clean as dicks

• ThatJamieD

ThatJamieD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32346710 - 5 years ago

I use both "fucking got em" and "yeah yeah yeah" also sometimes yell "you my boy" at my friend in public.

• cpt_flippy

cpt_flippy

#32346711 - 5 years ago

"fight fight fight
    kiss kiss kiss"
    works in so many instances.

• ChrisZaiser

ChrisZaiser

#32346712 - 5 years ago

I have converted to "Gavinism" and am now using the word "top" to describe awesome things/events more often. I quite like it. It's top.

• Nic

Nic

#32346713 - 5 years ago

In reply to KBunn, #8:

.....*cough* hate to break it to you, you're just using an 'Englishism' (tbf most of his stuff isn't weird, it's just how we speak, just seems strange to all you foreign peeps.)

• RudeDory

RudeDory

#32346714 - 5 years ago

I've started doing the lil 'yuh' thing Michael, and I think Gavin, does

• Tristan

Tristan T-Booty

#32346715 - 5 years ago

I've inadvertently started using a lot of 'RTisms'... Far too many to list

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32346716 - 5 years ago

I have managed to use the classic Geoff "... as dicks" way to often in my daily life for some time now, seeing as I don't get round to watching RT much these days, it has stuck in my head for some time DX Plus no one really knows the reference so I can seem a bit odd, especially when saying some thing is tasty as dicks , or whilst struggling on some work in the labs exclaiming it is as hard as dicks. Oh well, I mean yolo right?

Used to use a lot of Gavin's sayings back in the day too, and a couple of mates in halls would always shout "You ma Boi" to each other, but only the 'as dicks' has survived the test of time. XD

• QueenKaycee

QueenKaycee

#32346717 - 5 years ago

I almost said "it's dark as dicks" to my mother the other day out of habit. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32346718 - 5 years ago

In reply to QueenKaycee, #13:

Luckily I almost live to very different lives when it comes to friends and family, so the way I act, and the 'RTisms' only come out around friends, and I rarely run the risk of saying something odd like it around family. :P

• vickyisok

vickyisok FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold mermaid

#32346719 - 5 years ago

I always seem to use "something as dicks" and everyone around me is like umm...excuse me?!
    And thanks to Ray I say YOLO, except now it's gone from ironic to not being able to stop saying it

• MCPOLeigh116

#32346720 - 5 years ago

In reply to vickyisok, #15:

Yeah the same happened to me with YOLO, a few of us would say it ironicly, and the more I heard Ray say it the more I said it until it stuck. Luckily I stopped that some time go with out realising.

• Jehson

Jehson FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Streets ahead

#32346721 - 5 years ago

In reply to vickyisok, #15:

Similar thing happened to me with the "well, you know" thing.
    I had to actually pause and stop myself from saying it so much.

• meili10010

meili10010

#32346722 - 5 years ago

just in general, the usage of swears in my daily thinking has increased exponentially since regularly watching rooster teeth. i usually don't swear out loud, but i've accidentally let out a "fucking buttholes dude" or something to that nature every so often. thanks for making the combination of explicit swearing and elementary-school-phrased anatomy seem normal now, geoff

oh, and not to mention how much ray's sense of humor is rubbing off on me
    i can totally relate to the unhealthy frequency of his "well, you know" showing up in my day to day conversations

• SpartanSloth

SpartanSloth

#32346723 - 5 years ago

Wow, there's a list actually:
    I mean YOLO, right? (ironic use only haha)
    YEYEYE or YUHYUHYUH (however you spell it)
    Shit on my dick
    BOOSH
    #2Spooky
    Fucktard (from team killing fucktard)
    Bow Chikca Bow Wow

And so on. Funny thing is, I don't always say that out loud, considering it's not my native language, but "bow chicka bow wow", BOOSH and YEYEYE are a common thing to hear from me hahaha

• awkwardking

awkwardking FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold awkward king

#32346724 - 5 years ago

I use a lot but the most common ones for me has to be "2spooky4me" and I have to add "dicks" to any sentence I say. Ill say something like " oh dude im angry as dicks that someone messed around with my xbox!" or " dude turn off the light! its bright as dicks in here"

• MCPOLeigh116

#32346725 - 5 years ago

In reply to SpartanSloth, #19:

In reply to AnthonyRioja, #20:

I don't really think of 2 spooky as being an RTism, heard it used by so many different people and YouTubers over the years, that even though it has rubbed off on me, I don't really associate it with RT. Though perhaps it depends on who you hear it from most, and from whom it rubs off onto you from.

• SpartanSloth

SpartanSloth

#32346726 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #21:

It just stuck with me because of RT, which is why as listed it. Then again, I didn't know other people have been using it before.
    Slowpoke for life hahaha

• Tristan

Tristan T-Booty

#32346727 - 5 years ago

In reply to SpartanSloth, #22:

I'm right there with you, never heard it before RT Extra-life

I tried to make my GTA license plate '2SPOOKY' ... Server errors have so far prevented me from changing it at all -_-

• Brunty023

Brunty023 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Level 24

#32346728 - 5 years ago

Well, I say a LOT! I'll list some of them:
    - Ye-Ye-Ye-YEAH!!
    - Tease It
    - It's not pink, it's lightish red
    - Man, that's a thing!
    - ... as dicks!
    - Anything that Ray says when he tries to get others to hurt themselves in games (i.e. Worms LPs)
    - Going Cakeless
    - Anything that Gavin says (I've used Pissy Little Piss Pot the most)
    - The death gargles that Michael does...

And MANY more, including lots from the Internet Box Podcast!

• MCPOLeigh116

#32346729 - 5 years ago

In reply to Brunty023, #24:

Until you listed them I hadn't even thought about it but I used to use Tease it, that's a thing and going cakeless a lot in n the past. Used ye-ye-yeah boi fairly forcedly around friends who got the reference too, but never used it naturally as I did the others so never counted that.