Forums > The Latecomers

Video Games and Hype Galore!

Posts (27)

• jp4464

jp4464 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32493523 - 5 years ago

Hey guys, JP here.
    So I know that many of you guys are huge gamers. Some, more than others. So I wanna know...
    What game(s) do you just really love? Maybe some game(s) you just terribly hate?
    And are there any upcoming releases that you're ABSOLUTELY hyped about?

• jp4464

jp4464 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32493524 - 5 years ago

I'll say that right now I'm SO HYPED FOR SMASH BROS AND MARIO KART 8! :D

• SallyW

SallyW

#32493525 - 5 years ago

In reply to jp4464, #2:

Personally I'm loving AC4 multiplayer right now. I know it's not a common fave, which is unfortunate for our lobbies :(

• jp4464

#32493526 - 5 years ago

In reply to SallyW, #3:

The gameplay looks so sick!

• Jehson

Jehson FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Streets ahead

#32493527 - 5 years ago

Just to name a few:

Love: Metroid, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Fallout, Warcraft, Zelda, Minecraft

Hate: I'm generally not a fan of FPS games and can't stand sports games of any kind

Hyped: SMASH BROS LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. The Smash bros games were a big part of my childhood and while growing up, so I'll always love the series. I just wish they'd make more Metroid characters playable.

• jp4464

#32493528 - 5 years ago

In reply to Jehson, #5:

We definitely need more bounty hunters in smash bros.
    and I'm gonna main as either Little Mac or Wii Fit Trainer :D

• Eluviahns

Eluviahns

#32493529 - 5 years ago

I'm a little behind on getting the next gen consoles but I recently picked up Titanfall for the 360 and it's pretty awesome, aside from some server problems that I've been having, dunno if that's a common thing or if I've just got bad luck with the connectivity to them. I am also very excited for the new Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8, used to play those all the time visiting my grandparents in the summer.

That evil within game looks really cool too and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of other ones that are coming out or have recently been released but you know.

• saucy242

saucy242

#32493530 - 5 years ago

I'm really enjoying Battlefield 4 and the Assassins Creed games but I wish that there were some original titles coming out.

• Jehson

Jehson FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Streets ahead

#32493531 - 5 years ago

In reply to jp4464, #6:

Greninja, Little Mac and the Villager have my interest the most right now.

• jp4464

#32493532 - 5 years ago

In reply to Jehson, #9:

Yeah Greninja looks pretty sick, and there's even more characters yet to be announced.
    You know, I was watching a stream of the Nintendo Direct, and some people thought that it was Mewtwo

Post edited 4/16/14 9:59PM

• Jehson

#32493533 - 5 years ago

In reply to jp4464, #10:

I'm still sad Mewtwo was taken out in Brawl. He was pretty fun to play.

• jp4464

#32493534 - 5 years ago

In reply to Jehson, #11:

I played as him a couple of times in Melee.
    Granted, I didn't play much of Melee as a kid (except at my friend's house, and I was TRASH at it)
    but he's definitely a powerful character.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32493535 - 5 years ago

Gotta say, personally there are no games currently announced that I am hyped for, they all seem so meh. :/ Hoping E3 will change that, but I am certainly not holding my breath.

• Nic

Nic

#32493536 - 5 years ago

at the moment im playing a stupid amount of DayZ...for the free time i have. Also finally got round to playing ass creed black flag. Been rather swell so far.

As for coming..i cant really think of anything tbh, although ive become pretty out of the loop recently
    smiley3.gif
    In reply to saucy242, #8:

I dunno why, but i really cant get onto battlefield 4..i guess its cause im not very good. FPS are my forte. Even though i loved BF3 and bad company 2 is probably my favourite fps ever....i just cant be doing 4

• thatdude1342

thatdude1342 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32493537 - 5 years ago

I keep feeling like 2014 isn't the big year for exciting game releases (I mean in comparison to last year). Especially since I don't own the next gen consoles.

Although I'm super pumped for Watch Dogs. It looks like everything I've wanted in a game and more. It's also nice to finally see a game set in Chicago it's a city that I'm surprised isn't used as a setting in video games.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32493538 - 5 years ago

In reply to thatdude1342, #15:

Yeah I feel ya, really isn't anything I am seeing that is getting me hyped at all, and for the last few years there has always been at least a handful that has. :/

• InnesW

InnesW

#32493539 - 5 years ago

I'm a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise and I'm pretty excited about Middle Earth:Shadow of Mordor. (Probably because it's so similar to Assassin's Creed :P) But nothing else announced for this year seems too exciting smiley2.gif

• JoshuaPeck

JoshuaPeck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Blade

#32493540 - 5 years ago

Loving Titanfall for the moment.

Hyped for Destiny!!! Can't wait!!!!

• Rudeism

Rudeism

#32493541 - 5 years ago

I'd love Titanfall if it didn't keep giving me connection issues. Not sure if my router's just being a pain in the ass though.

I'm loving Zoo Tycoon right now. Totally not worth the $70 I dropped on it, but I think I'll get close to my money's worth at least.

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32493542 - 5 years ago

I might cough up some cash and get Watch Dogs or Titanfall for PC. Leaning towards Watch Dogs.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32493543 - 5 years ago

UPDATE: Still not hyped about any games.... Though I am getting hyped for my holiday in a month. smiley1.gif

• MCPOLeigh116

#32493544 - 5 years ago

Have to double post, new pokemon games, the hype is real people!

• jp4464

#32493545 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #22:

HOENN HYPE

• MCPOLeigh116

#32493546 - 5 years ago

In reply to jp4464, #23:

Yeah yeah yeah boiiii!

Hype_train_comin'_through.jpg

• Jehson

#32493547 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #22:

While story-wise, gen 3 is one of my least favourite, it had a lot of pokemon additions that I liked.
    A large amount of my all time favourites are from gen 3, so I'm pretty excited.