Forums > The Latecomers

Your favorite Soundtrack?

Posts (64)

• Simon

Simon

#32364410 - 5 years ago

I think the Lord of the Rings films have my favourite movie soundtrack. Videogame is much harder to choose there are so many games with great music. Vice City had some great songs, Fallout 3 was good and really liked LA Noire. Top one would have to be an equal split between Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim.

• ArmadashRG

ArmadashRG

#32364411 - 5 years ago

2 words,
    Hotline Miami.

Epic game, epic music.

• MattDavid

MattDavid FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32364412 - 5 years ago

In reply to ArmadashRG, #27:

Yes! It's is so weird but it is the coolest sounding thing in a while.

• ArmadashRG

ArmadashRG

#32364413 - 5 years ago

In reply to MattDavid, #28:

its acutely hypnotising haha. it just loops and loops and loops. but it totally works.

• MattDavid

MattDavid FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32364414 - 5 years ago

In reply to ArmadashRG, #29:

Yeah I totally get it. It sorta has this underlying base that seems to kind of make a droning sound but it just sounds good for some reason.

• daisykid3

daisykid3 What's a title?

#32364415 - 5 years ago

I see Zelda mentioned here a lot and that makes me sooooooo happy. I just found my music disk from Skyward Sword and uploaded it to iTunes and it's just pure symphonic bliss! I'm slowly playing through Wind Waker HD at my boyfriend's house and that sound track is phenomenal. Absolutely gorgeous. The Wind Waker Suite on the 25th Anniversary edition is my second favorite track behind The Great Fairy Fountain theme. That's always been my favorite.

But the Kingdom Hearts series has some of the best music, at least out of all of the games that I've played. I also found the KH2 soundtrack under my bed of all places and spent an entire afternoon hanging out and listening to it. The orchestrated version of Simple & Clean brings happy tears to my eyes every single time.

Also Scott Pilgrim FTW!! :D

• sneedse

sneedse

#32364416 - 5 years ago

In reply to @daisykid3, #31:

actually listening to the 25th anniversary cd from skyward sword at work right now smiley0.gif

• MattDavid

#32364417 - 5 years ago

In reply to daisykid3, #31:

Dude Scott Pilgrim is just wild. It's like an amazing mess attacking your ears.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32364418 - 5 years ago

In reply to sneedse, #32:

I keep forgetting I have the CD with skyward sword ffs, I really need to get it out to listen too :/

• CEscalante

CEscalante

#32364419 - 5 years ago

Mine is always changing, but I always LOVE 90's Disney soundtracks, Bulletstorm, Final Fantasy...jeez...there are way too many to list. It's always changing, depending on what I'm working on at the time.

• Jehson

Jehson FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Streets ahead

#32364420 - 5 years ago

I have so many! I'm currently in the process of doing a Skyward Sword replay, and not long before that I got done playing Wind Waker HD. Love the music from both of those so much. The sky, koloktos, stalfos and ghirahim themes and then the ocean, dragon roost island and forest haven theme from those 2 games respectively.
    I'm a huge Scott Pilgrim fan as well. The music from the movie is pretty rad.
    And just today I took a listen to the themes of the characters from the new Killer Instinct game. I really liked Spinal and Orchid's themes.
    I'm a huge fan of video game soundtracks in general.

I really just have too many to name.

• BordomBites

BordomBites

#32364421 - 5 years ago

My favorite movie soundtrack would have to Juno. I just love the feel it has.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32364422 - 5 years ago

Can't believe I didn't think of it before, but the soundtrack from SimCity 4 was amazing, they took a track or two from it and used them in Mass Effect 2 as well. Safe to say I picked that up once I realised it was up on Google Play. Have a few ride soundtracks I love, but I can't really think of any movie soundtracks that stand out to me much:/

• Jehson

Jehson FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Streets ahead

#32364423 - 5 years ago

Bravely Default has some really amazing music.
    Two of my favourites from the game are this one and this one

• Ripe_Kiwi

Ripe_Kiwi

#32364424 - 5 years ago

In reply to sneedse, #9:

has to be halo 3 by far

• emilyhh

emilyhh FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32364425 - 5 years ago

As far as films go, I'm a big John Williams Fan, so I would have to say I love the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Jurassic Park and E.T. soundtracks to name a few. I also really like the soundtrack for Juno.

For game, well it has to be Banjo Kazooie and Sonic Adventure 2.

• Jehson

#32364426 - 5 years ago

In reply to emilyhh, #41:

Gotta love that City Escape.

• Alonsinho

Alonsinho

#32364428 - 5 years ago

In reply to emilyhh, #41:

Sonic Adventure must have the best soundtrack when it comes to sonic songs

• iaurenshaw

iaurenshaw Badass

#32364429 - 5 years ago

I love the Cloudberry Kingdom music, so awesome

• onlydraven

onlydraven FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold onlydraven

#32364430 - 5 years ago

Games: Final Fantasy 8

Movies: The Crow

• Mortoose

Mortoose

#32364431 - 5 years ago

In reply to Alonsinho, #1:

I'm the kinnda guy who spends hours on youtube looking for good metal remixes of my favourite game soundtracks e.g. Skyrim, halo and surprisingly Dota 2 (even though I get killed every game them people shout at me and call me a mean things *sob*)

• Jehson

#32364432 - 5 years ago

In reply to Mortoose, #47:

Metal remixes are some of my favourite things.
    Have you heard this guy?

• sneedse

sneedse

#32364433 - 5 years ago

While we're on covers and remixes, I feel this needs to be asked. Has anyone watched Smooth MacGroove? Some pretty awesome stuff. I'd suggest checking him out.

• Jehson

#32364434 - 5 years ago

In reply to sneedse, #49:

Smooth McGroove is amazing. I'm also a fan of Peter Hollens

• sneedse

sneedse

#32364435 - 5 years ago

In reply to MetaRidleyX, #50:

Damn. He's pretty awesome. Though, he doesn't have a cat in all his videos. hahaha