Forums > The Latecomers

Stupidest thing/worst idea

Posts (16)

• Nonhalo

Nonhalo

#32493626 - 5 years ago

I wanted to get to know people here so I have a question for you guys. What is the stupidest thing you have done/worst idea you have had?

For me personally, the stupidest thing I have done was trying to flip my brother over my back and not properly warning my friend to spot him. My poor brother ended up breaking his neck (no permanent damage) and was in a neck brace for ages. It was a terrible idea. What have some of you guys done?

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32493627 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nonhalo, #1:

Well firstly, welcome to the group! Secondly, there is so many stupid things to choice from. Hmm, doing a flip on a trampoline that ended up with me going so far forward through the "safety" netting and smashing my head against the frame the netting was imprinted on my forehead for a while. one of my many theme park trips, going on the most notoriously sickening rides, feeling ill and sitting down for a bit then going on the second most sickening and feeling so ill with the world shacking around me I had to leave, the world didn't stop spinning until about 1-2 in the morning. I still don't know why I thought that combination of rides was a good idea, let alone going after having only eaten some dominos all day. And to bring down the atmosphere, most decisions on how to live my life. Enjoy your time here! XD

• Nic

Nic

#32493628 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nonhalo, #1:

oooooh I have a ridiculously large amount of dumb things I've done. The first two that come to mind however are:
    1. I was at my neighbours house and we decided to go to mine to use the trampoline. Instead of using the door i decided a much better course of action would be to jump out of the window. Luckily I was fine, as there were some trees which had dropped butt loads of leaves on the floor giving me a soft landing. I figured hey this is fun. Ran back inside and did it again. Landed on the rows of slate pointing straight up in the garden and almost sliced my foot in half. Ended with 9 injections to numb it, including ones straight into the gaping slice and a duck load of stitches.
    2. I had a super intense session at the gym about 5 minutes after eating...puke was everywhere.

• Nonhalo

Nonhalo

#32493629 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #2:

In reply to Nic, #3:

And then after you have done that awfully stupid thing there is that awkward moment of explaining to people what happened. I remember people at school asking why my brother was wearing a neck brace and none of them believed that it was because I accidentally broke his neck.

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32493630 - 5 years ago

1. My story:

Got caught in a rip tide once when I was 16 while at a youth beach camp. Took me a few minutes realizing that people waving their hands were trying to tell me to swim parallel to the shore (as opposed to just swimming back to shore). That was when I actually realized I was in a rip tide.

After sending 3 people after me (each subsequent person got stuck and sent someone else), there was four of us stuck out there without any "boogy boards" or any sort of flotation device.

Finally, out of nowhere, a grizzly middle aged man we nicknamed "Moses" paddled up to us in his stand up surf board thing. "You guys need any help?"

We all grabbed a hold of his board and we paddled to shore. Fun times....

That's the closest I've ever come to dying. There was a point when my body wanted to give out (before they sent out people) and the only reason I didn't was because I assumed drowning would be painful. No joke.

2. A Classmate's Story:

There was a kid in my 6th grade class who had gone to the flea market with some of his friends and bought some swords (or had swords bought for them; I have no idea how anyone in their right mind would have given them swords, but it apparently happened).

It was April 1st (aka April Fools) and they were at a house messing around with the swords (I wasn't there; this is just what I remember from what I heard later). My classmate tried to do the move where you flip the sword around in your hand and stab behind you. However, he ended up stabbing himself in the thigh. Brilliant of him.

He sent one of his friends to tell his mother, but she didn't believe them (it was April Fool's Day. After some convincing, she checked out the situation and to her surprise found out they were telling the truth.

Maybe this sounds like BS, maybe some of it was, or I'm remembering wrong. But I can tell you that he did stab something through his leg. We had a school camp a few weeks later and I saw him replacing the bandages while washing my hands in the bathroom one time. So there's at least some element of truth to this story.

TLDR:
    I took my sweet ass time realizing I was in a rip tide and almost died.

A classmate of mine allegedly stabbed himself through the thigh with a sword.

• Nic

Nic

#32493631 - 5 years ago

In reply to mdubmachine, #5:

Smooth.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32493632 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nonhalo, #4:

Yeah I remember sitting in a math class when the teacher asked what was with the pattern on my head, and after explaining, him just looking at me like I was a complete moron.

• MrWithay

MrWithay FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32493633 - 5 years ago

When I was at school/college(I was 17), a couple of friends and I were going down the street (back street, not busy at all) to a shop in a friend's car.
    We soon discovered that, because his car was so cluttered, the five of us wouldn't fit. Amongst the clutter was a skateboard, and I love tony hawk games.

I hadn't ridden in about a year, but it's like riding a bike they say... So I decided to give skitching a go...

The ride there was fine, and my safe journey rose both mine and the driver's confidence of my abilities so on the way back (slightly down hill too which didn't help matters) we got up to nearly 30mph before I came off.

I bounced, lost a shoe, scraped most of the skin from my elbow and embarrassed myself in front of a lot of students. How I didn't brake anything or snap my neck is beyond me, but I don't think I've been on a board since.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32493634 - 5 years ago

In reply to MrWithay, #8:

Nice one XD Well at least you didn't get too injured from it.

• MrWithay

MrWithay FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32493635 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #9:

Aha cheers bud. I'm covered in scars from skating when I was a kid. I'm sure I should be dead..

• Frits

Frits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Clueless

#32493636 - 5 years ago

I one time put one of those spicy cinnamon sprinkles in my nose, and I had to go to the E.R. to get it out.

• Nic

Nic

#32493637 - 5 years ago

In reply to Fritschler, #11:

impressive. like on purpose?

• Nonhalo

Nonhalo

#32493638 - 5 years ago

In reply to Fritschler, #11:

How far up your nose was it?

• abaez5000

abaez5000 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32493639 - 5 years ago

My friends and I invented the Super Mario Bros 3 drinking game.
    Basically, two teams- whenever something good happens for Mario (powerup, one up, etc...) Luigi's team drinks and vice versa. If something bad happens to Mario, Mario's team drinks. Oh, and during star power, the other team chugs for the duration. Normally, the game is a great time. We ran out of beer and decided to play with margaritas. That was a poor choice. Many brain cells lost their lives. Pretty sure I ruined a lot of things vomiting on them.

• Nonhalo

Nonhalo

#32493640 - 5 years ago

In reply to abaez5000, #14:

That sounds like it was fun. :P

• Mashochism

Mashochism

#32493641 - 5 years ago

Anything that starts with the phrase "hold my beer"

I once put my tongue on an electric fly swatter to see what would happen. couldn't taste for like a week.