Forums > The Latecomers

Occupation / Degree / Subjects / Hobby

Posts (95)

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32334009 - 5 years ago

In reply to Staurolite, #76:

How many years have you been in college for then?

In reply to mdubmachine, #74:

Sounds both busy yet fun.

In reply to Mesvah, #75:

Finding the subject fascinating is a far better reason then some give for taking courses these days.

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32334010 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #77:

Mostly fun, but it sure as hell has plenty of not-so-fun moments

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32334011 - 5 years ago

In reply to mdubmachine, #78:

Yeah I bet it can get really frustrating when problems arise. :/

• VacationGrif

VacationGrif FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32334012 - 5 years ago

I currently work Produce at a Japanese supermarket, which is pretty easy for minimum wage, and am taking Music Business as my major. I just declared myself this semester, but started last semester.

• xsod

xsod FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32334013 - 5 years ago

I went to college and got my degree in Mechanical Engineering. I currently work as a Manufacturing Engineer and not exactly thrilled about it but the money is decent for now, don't know how long I will last though.

• Krysciia

Krysciia

#32334014 - 5 years ago

For the past, I don't know, four months, I am a cashier at El Pollo Loco. It's okay, but it is always understaffed and everyone wants to quit as a result. When I'm not working, I attend college as an Astronomy major. I used to be a full-time student, however I need to raise money for a car, tuition, and other crap.

Post edited 4/14/14 6:24PM

• Resolis

Resolis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Insidious Crow

#32334016 - 5 years ago

Education wise, I'm currently studying a Degree in IT with a major in Networking and Security, via external study. I would actually recommend going to campus over external study though.

Occupation wise, I currently working as a kitchen hand at Hungry Jacks (Aussie equivalent of Burger King) and trying to find a new job ASAP so I can start getting actual work experience that can relate to my degree.

• kidnoj

kidnoj

#32334017 - 5 years ago

In my 3rd year as a psychology major! Would like to go into marketing, with a focus on video games (VR tech to be more precise), but for now, probably just looking for opportunities in the digital entertainment industry as a whole to get some experience. Most people from my school usually go into research, but I recently found out I can't really stand the slow pace of research xD

• jmac61

jmac61

#32334018 - 5 years ago

Entering my final year of college as a psychology major with a minor in Catholic studies! I plan on going to grad school afterwards to get my masters in marketing and hopefully get either a marketing position in either sports or entertainment!

• ccalps

ccalps FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32334019 - 5 years ago

I'm a student getting my degree in Criminology. I'm hoping it will lead to me being some type of investigator or crime analyst, but we shall see. As far as hobbies go, I'm trying to figure out the whole livestream thing and kind of want to do that. MEeting new people is awesome. I love going to shows, and collecting tattoos as well.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32334020 - 5 years ago

In reply to ccalps, #87:

Welcome to the group! Feel free to add any of us or messages anyone if you want to chat. smiley0.gif Sounds like a damned interesting field of study with a very important and fascinating career in sight.

• abaez5000

abaez5000 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32334021 - 5 years ago

Used to be a high school math teacher (bachelor's in Math / Secondary Ed)- but decided I hate pretty much everything about it (I enjoy actually teaching, but 99% of the job is classroom management, obnoxious paperwork, meetings, and educational jargon). Just finished my Master's degree in Applied Statistics and am really excited to get into data analysis (way more profitable, way more interesting, and I'd actually be rated on my abilities and success instead of children's success!).

As for hobbies, I love anything having to do with comedy- making people laugh is the greatest thing in the world. I also enjoy listening to and playing music, playing dodgeball (because I'm an adult- and it's frowned upon to throw stuff at other adults unless you're playing dodgeball), rock climbing, and gaming.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32334022 - 5 years ago

In reply to abaez5000, #89:

But can you throw a dodge ball at someone in any given situation, or is it still frowned upon? :P Anyway, welcome!

• Cainrin

Cainrin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Bookwyrm

#32334023 - 5 years ago

Wow, the range of occupations and studies is amazing. Makes me feel old though, haha, and I'm only 25. I went to school for architecture and got my M.Arch in 2011. I've been working for a firm that specializes in healthcare for a little over two years. I kind of miss getting to design my own stuff like in school, but it's been a nice few years with no homework. smiley1.gif I've been debating whether to jump back into my thesis project and pretty much start from the ground up again, haha.

Hobbies include gaming, reading, and I play in an amateur community concert band in the flute section. I prefer RPGs the most, the kind where I can just sit for hours immersed in story and characters and gameplay. I like computer games better for multiplayer, and that was pretty much just NWN and Guild Wars back in the day.

And well wishes to everyone still in school or in transition to a new job!

• UNR_Urabus

UNR_Urabus

#32334024 - 5 years ago

I currently work as a parts consultant for a General Motors dealer. I went to college and received and associates degree in automotive business management. I turned wrenches for a few years, but it just wasn't what i wanted to do the rest of my life. I'm glad I made an impact enough that my current employer called me to offer me a job I never even applied for.

• nate04

nate04

#32334025 - 5 years ago

I got my BS in exercise science. Currently working at hockey rink but looking for jobs the degree could help me get. Thinking about PT school but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. Anyway hobbies are gaming, sports, and movies!

• BritishMark5

BritishMark5

#32334026 - 4 years ago

I work in IT and have done pretty much since school. Just about to start a new job at a software company which should be a good challenge! Recently started an Open University distance-study degree in Software Development, looking to get into Web/Mobile Development.

Music and performance has been my hobby for most of my life, been in a Drum Corps since I was 13. Other than that, photography, game and film mostly!

Oh and i'm new here!

• MCPOLeigh116

#32334027 - 4 years ago

In reply to BritishMark5, #94:

Welcome to the community fellow IT Brit! First may I ask what exactly is a Drum Corps? And secondly, where you actually in the Olympic closing ceremony?

• BritishMark5

BritishMark5

#32334028 - 4 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #95:

Hey! Drum Corps is basically a marching band, but is a music and movement performing arts group! The activity originated in the states but has been active over here for decades!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uPCZA0FBBo&list=...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9dDkCxj70w&index=72&list=UUrQdmWU_pkke8VMRfExUlKw

Yes, I sure was! I was in both the Olympic and Paralympic Closing ceremonies! Was an amazing experience! :)

• MCPOLeigh116

#32334029 - 4 years ago

In reply to BritishMark5, #96:

Yeah I bet it was fairly amazing, just being there for the cycle race coming through town was awesome.