Forums > The Latecomers

What are you most passionate about?

Posts (19)

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32456735 - 5 years ago

In an attempt to revive this forum a bit, I want to know what makes people here tick, what keeps you going? What are you truly passionate about? It could be something very specific, or a wide range of things. Maybe you like old movies? Maybe you like to visit certain places? Maybe you are a walking encyclopaedia of knowledge about your favorite game series? Tell us all about it here!

(Just don't say "I like playing games", or the like. It is usually assumed the community likes games, and doing something doesn't mean you are passionate about it.)

• Nic

Nic

#32456736 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #1:

Yeah we (the admins are trying to sort out the forums in the near future so hopefully there will be more activity.)

And for me it would probably have to be either skateboarding or watching kinda shit T.V/movies. I've skated for about 6 years now, on and off in the last 2. But since coming to uni I've had no chance to really, and I didn't realise how much I would miss it. I guess that's what they say isn't it, 'you don't know how great something is until it's gone.'

Then there is my watching shitty stuff. Don't get me wrong I watch good things too, but I somehow get highly entertained by watching crappy stuff if I don't expect it to be good. As long as it is not boring. If a show has awful CGI, amazingly bad lines or cringy story I will probably like it, but still hate it. I watched all 5 seasons of Merlin in a week. That show is such shite, so predictable, terrible effects and moderate acting. However something about it got me hooked. I just love laughing at how bad things are.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32456737 - 5 years ago

In reply to Nic, #2:

Yeah, I just wanted to bring a bit of live back to it to leave you admins to get on with the podcast, gamenights and other awesome stuff you guys do ;)

I can't skate in any sense, skateboarding, roller-skating/roller-blading, ice-skating or for that mater surfing, skiing snowboarding, basically anything that the rest of the population seem to do for fun is beyond my skills. :/ Though I do remember wandering around campus at 1 in the morning with a mate who was skateboarding and talking about how he enjoyed it, it seems like a good way to chill and have a few laughs.

A lot of people, and I mean a LOT seem to really enjoy watching shows like that for those reasons. There are a few things I have seen and liked for how bad they are, but mainly I can't stay focused on such shows or movies, I just end up too bored. Perhaps I am ultimately missing out on a good laugh.

• BadEggs

BadEggs

#32456738 - 5 years ago

I'm in love with the mountains. Stuff like skiing, hiking, and camping really make my life. I'm actually planning on going to school at one of the Colorado Mountain College campuses to get a degree in environmental studies or forestry so I can hopefully become a national park ranger and spend my life up in the forest.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32456739 - 5 years ago

In reply to BadEggs, #4:

That sounds awesome! Working and living in the mountains would give such great natural scenery and brilliant views, let alone proper fresh air and wildlife. That's definitely something to be passionate about all right!

• Nic

Nic

#32456740 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #3:

I dunno, I think it only appeals to certain people. I know a lot of people who just think I'm insane because of it.

In reply to BadEggs, #4:

That's pretty sweet. Did a lot of skiing as a kid...only dry slope though :( #EnglandSucksBalls and did a little bit of snowboarding on Holiday and loved it. Would be awesome to go to a place like that.

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32456741 - 5 years ago

I just like creating stuff. Writing music, filming and editing videos, making podcasts, photography, the occasional writing, etc.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32456742 - 5 years ago

In reply to mdubmachine, #7:

Wow that sounds.. incredibly creative. XD

• jp4464

jp4464 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32456743 - 5 years ago

As a musician, I'm very passionate about music.
    I'm currently attending full sail university for music business. I want to open my own recording studio sometime in the future.
    I guess my love to listen to, compose, perform, and just dance to music is really what keeps me going throughout school.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32456744 - 5 years ago

In reply to jp4464, #9:

Wow running your own recording studio sounds pretty awesome, must be a huge undertaking to start though, the costs must be ridiculous.

• jp4464

jp4464 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32456745 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #10:

Yup. Hopefully I'll get there
    I just gotta keep working at it.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32456746 - 5 years ago

In reply to jp4464, #11:

Good attitude man, good luck with it. smiley0.gif

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32456747 - 5 years ago

In reply to jp4464, #9:

Badass. I want to create my own recording studio as well, but until then I have unrestricted access to the studios at my school, which is awesome. (Unrestricted as long as I schedule ahead of time of course)

• dy0117

dy0117 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32456748 - 5 years ago

I like the outdoors and and bicycling a lot, but definitely am most passionate about games, but not just playing them. I like the lore and learning about them. I have read like half of the Halo books and know almost all the back story and have the in game story memorized. Same goes for mass effect, my absolute favorite. But it is not just games. I am very much a Tolkien fan and know tons about Lord of the Rings, etc. In general I like to learn. This has helped me to create great visions and stories for games of my own, but I am neither a developer or write of games so they just sit waiting to be tapped.

A side note I have become quite the analyzing critic of games more in depth than most people would normally think about games, but that is more just how I view the world.

• nate04

nate04

#32456749 - 4 years ago

There are 2 things that come to mind. The 1st thing is gaming. Some of my favorite memories growing up are of me and my friends gaming. I'm talking old school before Xbox Live gaming on the N64 and Gamecube haha. And 2nd is hockey. I've been playing and watching hockey for about 10 years now. It was the only sport that I would watch start to finish on TV so my parents decided to get me playing. I'm still playing in the adult leagues and it's awesome to think that hockey I've been playing hockey for a decade now. Same goes for gaming now that I think about it. It's been with me for a decade, I've met some really cool people through gaming.

• WesB

WesB

#32456750 - 4 years ago

Mainly a few things come to mind but mainly space (and all the eccentricities that come with it) and hockey. Don't get me wrong I love video games as much as the next guy but I could literally talk about random space stuff for hours on end. Which is why I'm so excited to start college in the fall and study Astronautical engineering. Just thinking about me possibly building something that would explore the stars is just ... astounding. I also since I was very young age had a love for hockey, which is very strange since I lived in Houston for most of my life. I have been playing since I was 9 (I think), and have been a goalie since I was 12 and have yet to be hurt whilst playing.

• Landrosa

Landrosa

#32456751 - 4 years ago

The thing i love most is slope style skiing and for some strange reason i don't know why. All i know is that i want to go again and again get better go to new places meet new people with the same passion which is unfortunately where i hit a wall. I unluckily live in the middle of England the most unsnowy place in the world.
    Fortunately for me though i may have found a solution to let me go whenever i just hope it works :/

• Nic

Nic

#32456752 - 4 years ago

In reply to Landrosa, #17:

That's pretty awesome dude. I did a lot of skiing as a kid (dry slope) and then some snowboarding a couple of years ago. Loved it all.

One of my friends has the dream job of all. We're also from pretty much the middle of England, but he is a semi-pro snowboarder now, and instructor. Just flies around Europe snowboarding all year (except the middle of summer, where he comes back and skateboards.)

• ByRobF

ByRobF

#32456753 - 4 years ago

Like mdubmachine, I like creating things. The things in question tend to be blog posts, comic strips and episodes of my podcast, and I'm trying to get out of my own way and finish things instead of going off to do something else midway through. I do have some Infinity miniatures that I sort of painted but, although I'm not sure whether I'll ever play the game, the minis themselves lurk at the back of my mind.