Forums > The Latecomers

RT fans future plans

Posts (35)

• Amardneron

Amardneron FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32642599 - 4 years ago

What hopes and dreams do RT fans have.
    I am working on becoming a novelist how about you.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32642600 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #1:

Still working towards becoming a game developer, not sure that's exactly what I want any more, but oh well.

• Amardneron

Amardneron FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32642601 - 4 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #2:

Its normal to change your mind about this sort of thing its what you'll be doing for a very long time it would suck if you didn't like it.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32642602 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #3:

True, true. It's more of an issue as I started to re-think my entire computing path smiley4.gif But that's a story for another day, I am actually very interested in the different fields of computer science I am experiencing this year and am actually working on an open-source game, so will have to see what becomes of my degree.

• Kassina

Kassina

#32642603 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #1:

Short-term goals for me are Getting my GED, finding a good job, getting my driver's license.
    Long Term goals I haven't decided yet, other than the cliché "be Happy".

• Amardneron

#32642604 - 4 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #4:

What degree are you getting exactly, I'm guessing it doesn't literaly say game design.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32642605 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #6:

? I am certainly not doing a game design course, none of them (or at least very few) are industry recognised or teach anything actually useful. I am doing a bachelors degree in computer sciences. The game part is just the project I am doing this year along side a number of other courses.

• Amardneron

#32642606 - 4 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #7:

I see sounds nice(outside the death study nights that come with college). Is that your only major, also what courses does a bachlors in computer science imply.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32642607 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #8:

Studying in the UK, you don't have degrees set out like that (you don't have majoring or minoring in anything, you get joint degrees and stuff like that instead) to put it briefly, I have done course on software engineering, robotics a bunch of maths related subjects including algorithms in both coding and maths based terms, object oriented programming, graphics, networking, security, digital sound and music, intelligent agents and so on.

• Amardneron

#32642608 - 4 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #9:

I see I was not aware the system was diferent, and that's alot of math.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32642609 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #10:

You got that right, they sneak that math in to every little corner they can!

• Amardneron

#32642610 - 4 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #11:

But I'm guessing some of the complicated stuff goes into programing yes.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32642611 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #12:

As in the maths? only one course was based only on maths alone, all other maths based work is directly linked to computing and programming said algorithms and working out best run times and the like.

• Amardneron

#32642612 - 4 years ago

Yep math, I've never liked it. So does you have the same graduation schedule as the states.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32642613 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #14:

Not a clue to be honest. I believe we both graduate in the summer, just the US starts their break a month or so before, so I would assume they would be slightly earlier. But in terms of degree lengths, even with their varying nature, they are pretty similar.

• Amardneron

#32642614 - 4 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #15:

What school are you going to.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32642615 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #16:

As I have mentioned it before, no harm doing so again, I am almost finished at Royal Holloway University of London.

• Amardneron

#32642616 - 4 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #17:

I just went over the conversation and you don't seem to have done so before.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32642617 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #18:

No, I meant I have mentioned it in plenty of other conversations, so I didn't see any harm in saying where I studied, as some people would find the question too personal. :P

• Amardneron

#32642618 - 4 years ago

I don't honestly see how it's personal, its more of a basic conversation starter.
    You sounded(or read more like) A little anoyed at the question thats all.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32642619 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #20:

I don't see it as that personal either, but some people seem to get bent out of shape over these things, and the way this community and all the random arguing over every little thing, is going I decided to preface it with the fact it was already out there. I certainly wasn't annoyed in the slightest, sorry if it came off that way.

• ShakExcellence

ShakExcellence Gaming King

#32642620 - 4 years ago

I'm personally trying to be a gaming journalist. Yes, I'm aware of all the bad reputation it's getting right now due to That Hashtag That Will Not Be Named, but I won't rest until I'm writing about what I love, and that so happens to be video games.

• Amardneron

#32642621 - 4 years ago

In reply to BumpierAuto, #22:

There's nothing to worry about this is the internet people will forget all about it soon, that sounds like a good thing to aim for.

• Amardneron

#32642622 - 4 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #21:

Haven't really seen a lot of that arguing and negative stuff people keep talking about, has it really gotten that bad.

• MCPOLeigh116

#32642623 - 4 years ago

In reply to WilliamGardn, #24:

Meh, you never know when it shall appear in your neck of the woods. But lets hope it isn't that bad.