Forums > The Latecomers

Using Teamspeak

Posts (23)

• Darkside89X

Darkside89X

#32164625 - 6 years ago

So I read the FAQ that made the rounds about using Teamspeak and how the Rooster Speak group was kind enough to include us on the server. I think it's a lovely idea but honestly, actually using Teamspeak has left me a bit confused as to how it all works, how to sign up and use it to speak with our fellow latecomers and such. I imagine I may not be the only one with this problem as well. Was just wondering if anyone could drop some advice as to how to get started and navigate everything in regards to using Teamspeak for the Latecomers? Any advice helps!

-Darkside

• TDBTyler

TDBTyler

#32164626 - 6 years ago

In reply to Darkside89X, #1:

Hmmm good point, I'll make something like a step-by-step guide for you guys soon, with images and stuff. xD

• Vickino

Vickino

#32164627 - 6 years ago

We'll figure something and make a guide!

• Darkside89X

Darkside89X

#32164628 - 6 years ago

Sorry to need hand holding with this. I tried to tinker around a bit myself and only got as far as downloading the client. Actually locating our channel and so forth left me witless.

• DBlake

DBlake FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32164629 - 6 years ago

In reply to Darkside89X, #4:

It's no problem, most of us took several attempts at trying to connect to Team Speak. I'm sure you're not the only one who would appreciate the guide.

• SickDemon

SickDemon

#32164630 - 6 years ago

You'll be surprised how easy it is once you get in once or twice, it's just the initial set up that's confusing.

• slickpuma

slickpuma

#32164631 - 6 years ago

I messed around with it for a little bit and kind of understand now. Unfortunately I don't have a mic so it doesn't really matter for me :/

• Darkside89X

Darkside89X

#32164632 - 6 years ago

I have a mic/headset though I don't think it works for my laptop. I have an internal one as well. I might be able to get an inlet converter or something so I can hop on in case you want me for a podcast or lets play :D

• SickDemon

SickDemon

#32164633 - 6 years ago

In reply to slickpuma, #7:

There's a text thing, and if you have an xbox headset, you can get an adapter for 3 or 4 bucks.

• Darkside89X

Darkside89X

#32164634 - 6 years ago

Alright so I have an update. After a bit more fiddling, I managed to get Teamspeak up and running and was able to find our channel
    (ts.roosterspeak.com). As far as I know everything works hunky dory. If there's anything I've missed then feel free to mention it. Otherwise I seem to have cracked the rubix cube of teamspeak.

In reply to SickDemon, #9:

That's what I'm planning on doing as well. I've done group cams/mics with people before and trying to use an internal laptpp mic for something like that is just a nightmare. Frankly most internal mics are useless on low end laptops. But I have a handy dandy turtle beach headset that would be a peach if I can pick up a converter for it.Alright so I have an update. After a bit more fiddling, I managed to get Teamspeak up and running and was able to find our channel (ts.roosterspeak.com). As far as I know everything works hunky dory. If there's anything I've missed then feel free to mention it. Otherwise I seem to have cracked the rubix cube of teamspeak.

That's what I'm planning on doing as well. I've done group cams/mics with people before and trying to use an internal laptpp mic for something like that is just a nightmare. Frankly most internal mics are useless on low end laptops. But I have a handy dandy turtle beach headset that would be a peach if I can pick up a converter for it.

Post edited 6/09/13 4:49AM

• slickpuma

slickpuma

#32164635 - 6 years ago

Hmm maybe I'll check it out some time for the text thing then.

• Newbs

Newbs FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PM

#32164636 - 6 years ago

In reply to Darkside89X, #1:

To jump in here as an Admin of the Rooster Speak group, this is why we have admins in the group and recommend people to ask one of us if they are a new user to Team Speak what to do and how to sign into the server. Please, ask an Admin in the group if they are online, or if you sit in the new Welcome Center channel for a bit an Admin will pop up and help you out.

• Jim_Survak

Jim_Survak Ain't Nobody

#32164637 - 6 years ago

If anyone is looking for a visual guide I took it upon myself... I'm sure the process is similar for you Windoze users out there. :P

Launch TeamSpeak (you'll probably see something like this)
    HhylFsh.png

Click "Connect"
    plyWavg.png

Enter connection information & your screen name. (Make sure the server name is "ts.roosterspeak.com" as Darkside89X said, the instructions on the main page have the second period as a comma - "ts.roosterspeak,com" which will take you to the netherworld). Click "Connect" again!
    Agj2SPm.png

Chat it up!
    Ry3i3Ty.png

• Danielle

Danielle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32164638 - 6 years ago

In reply to Jim_Survak, #13:

Awesome!!! Thank you so much!!!

• Jim_Survak

Jim_Survak Ain't Nobody

#32164639 - 6 years ago

Ok I fired up the Windoze VM here & grabbed a couple screens (they aren't as pretty, sorry).

Open program & click "Connections" and then "Connect..."
    etCCGmr.png

Enter server information (red arrow) and then click Connect (red arrow).
    e4sDLQR.png

• Vickino

Vickino

#32164642 - 6 years ago

In reply to ElectricDan, #17:

headset one should work fine. (: i use my integrated mic on my computer!

• Darkside89X

Darkside89X

#32164644 - 6 years ago

Personally I use a turtle beach Xbox headset, plugged into a laptop. Totally works fine. Just remember to check your settings and make sure everything is set accordingly. I had to fiddle with them to make it work when I 1st started using it,

• XenoFire

XenoFire

#32164646 - 6 years ago

woohoo, I might have to hop on here sometime when I am not lurking on my own server haha. Anyone ever frequent?

• Vickino

Vickino

#32164647 - 6 years ago

In reply to XenoFire, #22:

we usually have at the least a few latecomers on every day. smiley8.gif

• ThatJamieD

ThatJamieD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32164649 - 5 years ago

I am having troubles connecting. can anybody help me out. (im on pc)

• Eluviahns

Eluviahns

#32164650 - 5 years ago

They are using that temporary address right now while they do some server stuff or something, just type that under the server address field and it should work.

• Joel_K

Joel_K FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32164651 - 5 years ago

Is it still the same address for teamspeak?

• sonny88p

sonny88p

#32164652 - 4 years ago

ts.roosterspeak.org is the new adress