Forums > The Latecomers

Music Discussion Thread

Posts (117)

• UltraSteve

UltraSteve

#32181215 - 6 years ago

Hey, i thought it would be great to have a thread here for us to discuss our favourite music artists, songs stuck in your head, upcoming albums you're looking forward to, anything music related. Try not to post anything abusive to others music tastes It's okay to not like things just don't be a dick about it.

I guess I'll start off, I'm really looking forward to Avenged sevenfold s new album "Hail to the king" they're supposedly releasing the new single on monday can't wait! I really liked the previews.

• TDBTyler

TDBTyler

#32181216 - 6 years ago

I should be banned from this thread, I'll infect it with Korean Pop.

tumblr_mam3f3mvpr1r0l0n0o1_500.gif

• UltraSteve

UltraSteve

#32181217 - 6 years ago

In reply to TDBTyler, #2:

My body is not and will never be ready :(

• Nic

Nic

#32181218 - 6 years ago

In reply to UltraSteve, #3:

don't worry nobodies should be... :D
    I basically like every type of music. Favourites being Punk Rock, Alternative Rock and Old School Hip Hop. (slight variation)

• SpartanSloth

SpartanSloth

#32181219 - 6 years ago

I suck at telling the difference between certains music styles, so it might be easier to say band names. Still, giving it a shot, I can say I like rock, classical, blues, jazz, some indie stuff, 20s to 50s music (thank you Fallout), amongst other things. If I had to pick a favorite band, I'd say "The Fratellis", I can listen to them over and over and over and not get tired of it. I'm also pretty open to suggestions, I'm always interested in discovering new songs/bands, so feel free to make them.

• UltraSteve

UltraSteve

#32181220 - 6 years ago

In reply to SpartanSloth, #5:

Ha, i know what you mean about fallout never even considered liking anything from the 50's until i played it.

• pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

#32181221 - 6 years ago

In reply to SpartanSloth, #5:

my mom loves old-timey country, and there's a lot of it in Fallout: New Vegas. she hates video games but i've set it up to where she can play Blackjack and listen to Mojave Music Radio for her and she really enjoys it :)

anyways, i listen to a lot of different stuff. i love hip-hop, most kinds of rock, some country, and shamefully i'll admit to liking pop and EDM. my favorites are Death Cab for Cutie, Brand New, old Shania Twain, George Watsky, A Pefect Circle, Tool, and old Paramore. i used to love Flyleaf before their lead singer left :(

Edit(because i forgot some): also The Deftones, Incubus, Jimmy Eat World, and Rise Against.

Post edited 7/13/13 11:02PM

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32181222 - 6 years ago

I like Metal, Smooth Jazz, Celtic, New Agey-ish music, classical music, rock, and I'm starting to get into the blues.

Band/Artist names: Acoustic Alchemy (current favorite band), Judas Priest, Megadeth, Tchaikovsky (holy crap I spelled that right on my own), Testament, Metallica, Beethoven, John Williams, Switchfoot, 3 Doors Down, Sonic Mayhem, Peter White, Benise, you get the idea.

I also like my music. Shameless plug of shamelessness: mwillmultimedia.blogspot.com/p/music.html

• mdubmachine

mdubmachine

#32181223 - 6 years ago

In reply to mdubmachine, #8:

I forgot to mention Yoko Shimomura, Nobuo Uematsu, Harry-Gregson Williams, and Akihiro Honda.

THAT was shameful.

• Danielle

Danielle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32181225 - 6 years ago

I'm a pop-punk and alternative kind of girl. But Fall Out Boy owns my heart.

• Eluviahns

Eluviahns

#32181226 - 6 years ago

In reply to soimdanielle, #11:

Fall Out Boy is pretty much my favorite band in the history of ever, they are so perfect.

There was this other band I got into at the end of last/beginning of this year, or somewhere around that I really don't know, they are called steam powered giraffe. I don't know how to put into words what they do except for singing robots, they have a whole backstory for that whole universe and as to how and why the robots were created and they put on some really cool live shows, have some cool music videos and all kinds of cool stuff.

I like them a lot too.

• becka

becka tniy becker

#32181227 - 6 years ago

I like and listen to about 99% of music genres. I'm mainly into indie/alternative rock, with a super soft spot for blues. I also like pop, country, folk, r&b, punk, rap, metal and a special mention to musicals. smiley1.gif
    Also, I have to agree with Tyler's earlier post. KPOP is where it's at!

I'm a big fan of Biffy Clyro, Kings of Leon, The Killers, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Daft Punk and more recently Girl Talk (that's thanks to the RT podcasts.) Also, I'm a little bit in love with Ray LaMontagne's voice. It's just so raspy and gives me shivers. smiley4.gif

I love finding new music to listen to, so I'm going to keep my eye out in this thread for suggestions. smiley0.gif

• trionathree

trionathree

#32181228 - 6 years ago

In reply to Becka, #13:

Biffy Clyro! I saw them live in March and they were amazing! I love every band you mentioned :D
    I also listen to The Smiths, Radiohead, The Clash, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Tom Waits

• DimoHiggins

DimoHiggins

#32181229 - 6 years ago

Usually more than happy to listen to anything, but my favourite genre is probably indie/rock. Favourite band is The Hives (I kind of have a thing for Swedish bands actually, The Sounds being another love) but I'll go anywhere from Slayer to, and I'm a little ashamed to admit this, Hilary Duff.

Vampire Weekend is my current obsession; their new album is great!

• becka

becka tniy becker

#32181231 - 6 years ago

In reply to TrionaThree, #14:

Jealous! I've always wanted to see Biffy live.
    They seem like they'd put on a great show. smiley0.gif

• Sandy

Sandy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Chuffed

#32181232 - 6 years ago

I'll listen to most kinds of music but not the biggest fan of metal, don't know why, just doesn't float my boat.

Also Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries can be played at any time and make any situation 100x more awesome.

• Mckngbrd123

Mckngbrd123

#32181233 - 6 years ago

Like most, I listen to a ton of different stuff; old country, folk, a little rap, rock, a bit of pop, punk-rock, some metal, alternative, indie... Just depends on what mood I'm in I guess...

But The Gaslight Anthem is my all-time favorite, and always will be. Saw them live in Chicago and they were sooo good!

• TJ1023

TJ1023 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold TorbjornsTurret

#32181234 - 6 years ago

Well I like video game soundtrack music mostly :P I love all the Halo, Mass Effect, and Assassins Creed soundtracks. But I also like most classic rock, and punk rock bands like Rise Against, and The Offspring. I also love Reel Big Fish, I saw them in show once and they are great performers.

• Danielle

Danielle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32181235 - 6 years ago

In reply to touchmynubin, #12:

I just saw them in concert last month and met them the month before that :) fob <3

• SickDemon

SickDemon

#32181236 - 6 years ago

If it would play on a classic rock station, I'd feel at home listening to it.
    AC/DC
    Motley Crue ---> Probably my top 3
    Def Leppard

Occasionally something slips through the cracks like Marty Robbins or the Bee Gees, plus the soundtracks to games I really get into.

Post edited 7/15/13 12:13AM

• UltraSteve

UltraSteve

#32181237 - 6 years ago

In reply to ElectricDan, #16:

You should go see someone you like live ASAP it's an amazing experience, usually.

• DoctorChurchie

DoctorChurchie

#32181238 - 6 years ago

Well seeing as all of the CD's that I was looking forward to has been released, I'll just go with favorite bands and shit.

Favorite bands: My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Creed, Seven Kingdoms, Relient K, Origa, Yui Makino, Maaya Sakamoto, Jeff Williams, Lamar Hall.

Currently listening to: Forever - Casey Williams

• pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

#32181239 - 6 years ago

In reply to TJ1023, #20:

i've seen Rise Against and Reel Big Fish live, both are amazing! i got a concussion at the RA show but it was one of the best nights of my life :)

• Vickino

Vickino

#32181241 - 6 years ago

considering i have a minor in music I really love a lot of music and it's hard for me to name a just a few bands.

i listen to a lot of jazz from being in jazz band so rat pack stuff always makes me smile, the same with the blues. the beatles and pink floyd never get old too me, same with a lot of classic rock bands (ac dc, bad company, kansas, styx, fleetwood mac, journey, elton john, etc.) but i also really like alternative music and some more popular stuff. really love reel big fish, mumford and sons, f.u.n, linkin park, three days grace, a7x, the list goes on. :) but i think classic rock has my heart haha oh and people like piano guys, and lindsey sterling have special places in my heart because video game soundtracks and soundtracks/movie music in general makes me happy. especially when i get to play them in band! :D

• Brunty023

Brunty023 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Level 24

#32181242 - 6 years ago

Hmmm... Let's see:
    I like to listen to more of the older generations of music, whether it's from the early 2000s to all the way back to the '40s and even earlier (thanks to Bioshock)
    I also listen to K-Pop and J-Pop as well, but not too much or else I get absorbed into a state where I will look up Japanese game show videos for days!