Forums > The Latecomers

Music Discussion Thread

Posts (117)

• spencer92

spencer92 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32181324 - 5 years ago

In reply to meseashell, #92:

I love Zedd, my favourite song is "spectrum" by far, shit gets me thoroughly pumped. "push play" is delightful as well, and when I'm feeling a tad nerdy" the legend of zelda" fits my mood. smiley0.gif

• Brunty023

Brunty023 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Level 24

#32181325 - 5 years ago

I'll listen to pretty much old school music of any genre!
    Don't really like most of the music being played now, but it depends on the artist...
    But mainly old school. From the 50s to around the early 2000s.

I have a friend that's a musician and she's being nominated for a couple of awards too.

• Aliportillo

Aliportillo

#32181327 - 5 years ago

I'm a huge fan of bands like the strokes, bloc party, Interpol, the arctic monkeys ,and two door cinema club. My favorite group is daft punk their new album was so good, I would to see them live.

• jp4464

jp4464 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32181328 - 5 years ago

I'm a jazz and rock musician, so naturally I have a love for jazz, classic rock, and progressive rock.
    I also love fusion music too. Stuff like jaco pastorius and chick corea sounds amazing to me
    My favorite band is the who :D
    And I also love some classical music as well, like bach, holst, and even Mussorgsky.

• AlexIndian

AlexIndian

#32181329 - 5 years ago

I am a Jazz Bass player, but i enjoy all types of music, unless it sucks
    what makes a band is the rhythm behind it. says a bass player
    does anyone play or sing?

• jp4464

jp4464 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32181330 - 5 years ago

In reply to AlexIndian, #115:

I sing and I play sax, guitar, bass, piano, and drums.

• TheLDude

TheLDude FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Thanks

#32181331 - 5 years ago

In reply to AlexIndian, #115:

Yeah, I'm a guitarist. Not that good though, and I don't really have a band or something like that.
    It's more something that I casually do in my spare time.

• Rudeism

Rudeism

#32181332 - 5 years ago

Been listening to a lot of Opiuo lately. He came to play in my town, such an awesome gig - he mixes/does his own percussion, while he has a guitarist and sax player who play samples for him to loop in live.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8BiEWe1c0

I'll be slowly going through this thread listening to everything everyone's mentioned. I jump genres a hell of a lot.

• jburg5

jburg5

#32181333 - 5 years ago

My top three favorite bands are probably Alkaline Trio, Smoking Popes, and New Found Glory. I like other types of music, but I'd say pop punk is a big one for me.

• Aralynn

Aralynn

#32181334 - 5 years ago

I like alternative rock mainly but I listen to a little of everything. Im going to a concert in August to see AFI, they are my favorite band and this will be my first time seeing them.

• JaxHB

JaxHB

#32181335 - 5 years ago

I like pretty much everything. My most recent purchases included 'A State of Trance 2014' by Armin Van Buuren and 'Siamese Dream' by Smashing Pumpkins. Two completely different genres. I'm currently waiting for Jack White's new album 'Lazaretto'.

• ALovelessMan

ALovelessMan

#32181336 - 5 years ago

My music interests change pretty much daily. I'll listen to almost anything, except country. I just can't stand it for some reason and I've tried my hardest to enjoy it. If I had to pick some favorites, it'd be a toss up between Led Zeppelin and The Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Cole

Cole

#32181337 - 4 years ago

Anyone else super excited that Gorillaz may have a new album out sometime in 2015!

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32181338 - 4 years ago

In reply to Cole, #123:

Damn straight! About time there was some new Gorillaz tunes to get me going.

• Kookayxy

Kookayxy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32181339 - 4 years ago

I enjoy semi - heavy music like Of Mice And Men. I also like hard rock like Pierce The Veil...

Jeff Williams is the master of rock music

• Kookayxy

Kookayxy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32181340 - 4 years ago

In reply to Danielle, #11:

Pizza is good.

• DanQing

DanQing

#32181341 - 4 years ago

Music is probably the most important aspect of my daily routine. I get up *put on some cheery tunes*, go to school *put on epic music and imagine elaborate fight scenes where I am basically God*, at class *sneak in a bit of cheeky Deep House*, free period *initiating game music for optimum concentration*...I love music of all genres, I am not genrecist (wow that is bad). In one sitting, I can listen to Colors by Yuna, Take Me Away by Globus, Talk To Me by MK and Then There Was You by Greg Laswell.