Forums > The Latecomers

Movies!

Posts (287)

• Nic

Nic

#32142998 - 6 years ago

i thought maybe start up some forums, and felt movies could be a place to start smiley0.gif . especially with the insane line up for the coming weeks: monsters uni, iron man 3, man of steel, pacific rim, fast & furious 6 etc.

• PentaPenguin

PentaPenguin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32142999 - 6 years ago

In reply to Mr_Scribble, #1:

I thought Iron Man 3 was great, and I cant wait for some of the stuff coming out this summer

• Nic

Nic

#32143000 - 6 years ago

ah nice, i haven't seen it yet but heard some great things. apparently it's a much more light harted and funny film, which is awesome.

• Vickino

Vickino

#32143001 - 6 years ago

iron man 3 was good, i think star trek was better, sorry. lol. but iron man 3 was really good. i'm excited for monsters universty and fast and the furious 6 though! i may be seeing gatsby tonight. ;D

• Nic

Nic

#32143002 - 6 years ago

cannot wait for monsters, gonna be so good. and yeah might be watching star trek tonight smiley0.gif

• hayley0614

hayley0614 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32143003 - 6 years ago

Im a huge fan of the Marvel moves ( i cant even tell you how many times ive seen The Avengers) and i LOVED im3 but i had to admit that i thought Star Trek Into Darkness was better. So good.

Im curious to see Man of Steel, im not a huge superman fan or DC Comic fan in general but it looks good. Plus it comes out on my birthday so it gets points for that.
    Obviously Monsters Uni will be great.

And Im looking forward to World War Z. Im reading the book now and even though apparently the movie itself isnt following the plot, they just bought the rights to the name, it looks good and im not even a Brad Pitt fan.

• Nic

Nic

#32143004 - 6 years ago

In reply to hayley0614, #6:

yeah, i really don't see the appeal of Superman. He's to OP no matter what situation he's fine. unless it's kryptonite but nah superman sucks D.

• Maniooo

Maniooo

#32143005 - 6 years ago

Yeah, not big on Superman. For DC, I've always leaned more towards Batman.

As for as movies go, there's nothing really capturing my eye right now. Riddick looks okay, whenever that comes out.

• Nic

Nic

#32143006 - 6 years ago

In reply to Manio31, #8:

really nothing?.come on man, monsters university, at least for nostalgia's sake.

• Audrey

Audrey

#32143007 - 6 years ago

Star Trek was really good, and I really enjoyed Gatsby a lot. Iron Man 3 is phenominal. As usual with Tony Stark, the story evolves from his character, and if you've seen 1, 2, and The Avengers there is a wonderful arc to his story as well. I enjoyed Iron Man 3 as a movie goer, but also as a writer.

• Nic

Nic

#32143008 - 6 years ago

Oh fuck i still haven't watched star trek :( keep forgetting. and is gatsby actually good? i heard some bad things about it (cant remember what)

• BadEggs

BadEggs

#32143009 - 6 years ago

I'm really Glad Star Trek is getting good reviews, I really wanna go see that.

In reply to Mr_Scribble, #11:
    Gatsby's definitely good, the soundtrack is a bit off-putting but at the same time I know why they used what they did and can't imagine what would have worked better. All the acting is phenomenal though, and everything feels really thought out and well done.

As for movies that aren't in theaters anymore, anyone who hasn't seen John Dies at the End or A Scanner Darkly should definitely get on that

• BadEggs

BadEggs

#32143010 - 6 years ago

This post has been deleted by a group admin.

• BadEggs

BadEggs

#32143011 - 6 years ago

Oops. Uh, how do I delete that?

• Nic

Nic

#32143012 - 6 years ago

In reply to BadEggs, #14:

hmm that seems to be as good as i can do.

• Nic

Nic

#32143013 - 6 years ago

In reply to BadEggs, #12:

ah nice, might have to give it a look then. and I've been thinking about watching the end for a while

• Brunty023

Brunty023 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Level 24

#32143014 - 6 years ago

I've read World War Z a few times, and I am a bit skeptical about the movie, but I'll still go see it.
    The book was outstanding!

Can't wait for Monsters Uni. It's going to be awesome!

But I am eagerly waiting for Anchorman 2!

• BadEggs

BadEggs

#32143015 - 6 years ago

Just saw Star Trek last night, and I thought it was really good. My only complaint was that some parts felt really rushed, i would have preferred it be two movies.

• supertits

supertits No Longer Super!

#32143016 - 6 years ago

In reply to Brunty023, #17:

The author said WWZ is nothing like the book, but it is still a great addition to it. I'm still going to see it no matter what.

Monster Uni is going to be a blast!

• Nic

Nic

#32143017 - 6 years ago

I'm so fucking HYPED for Monster Uni, i hope so bad they don't fuck it up. how longs it been it must be coming up to like 10 years. maybe like 7 or 8? just a guess

• Brunty023

Brunty023 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Level 24

#32143018 - 6 years ago

In reply to supertits, #19:

WELP!
    Yeah I'll still go watch it!

In reply to Nic, #20:

Yeah, it's going to be awesome! Yeah, can't remember how long it was since Monsters Inc, which was also an awesome movie!

• Futurama4

Futurama4

#32143019 - 6 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfnWYHO7Id4

Planes Trailer

Post edited 5/30/13 3:28AM

• Kitsuun

Kitsuun

#32143020 - 6 years ago

In reply to Nic, #20:

It's been 12 years since Monsters Inc, I'm so excited for Monsters Uni! :D They better not screw it up.

Also excited for Fast and Furious 6 :)

• Nic

Nic

#32143021 - 6 years ago

In reply to Kitsuun, #23:

12 years?! :O fuck i watched that when i was 5? that seems crazy. They have really taken their time on this :D cannot wait. Just thinking about it i feel like a little kid again smiley0.gif

• KimiJay92

KimiJay92 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32143022 - 6 years ago

In reply to Kitsuun, #23:

I can't wait for Fast and Furious 6 too. Gonna be good :D

Saw Iron Man 3 last night - was epic!