Forums > The Latecomers

Movies!

Posts (287)

• Kitsuun

Kitsuun

#32143290 - 5 years ago

In reply to MCPOLeigh116, #291:

In reply to Nic, #292:

Lego movie still hasn't come out here yet, have to wait until April 3rd, which is when Captain America comes out too.

• MCPOLeigh116

MCPOLeigh116 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Marmalised

#32143291 - 5 years ago

In reply to Kitsuun, #293:
    In reply to Nic, #292:

Lego Movie all the way! I actually really want to back to the cinema to see it again, and I have only done that with one other movie ever. So that is indeed the highest praise I can give lol

• Kitsuun

Kitsuun

#32143292 - 5 years ago

So I went and saw Divergent tonight. I was expecting it to be kind of 'meh', because I've read the book, and most of the actors look nothing like how the characters were described; but as I had the same thing with Haymitch in The Hunger Games, I thought I'd see if they played to character well before getting too annoyed.

It actually turned out pretty good, even despite the things they missed. There were a few that really bugged me though, like the fact that they didn't have Peter stab Edward in the eye with a butter knife, and they completely screwed up Will's death. Also Four didn't seem scared at all when they went into his fear simulation, and then there's also where he only said "Be brave", not "Be brave, Tris", which might seem like a small thing, but it's one of the few lines that is kind of a symbolic-ish thing. Oh, and even though they were acted well, Will and Eric look nothing like they're supposed to. They are my favourites, so I am very bugged by this.

Other than that though, pretty good. If you like dystopians, then you'll probably like this one. Plus, they're pretty subtle on all that stupid love junk to everything else seems to think is so important.

Saw Captain America last night too, brilliant movie. My biggest complaints are about the two douche-wads I was stuck sitting a couple seats from. Stupid gits were lucky I didn't drop kick 'em. smiley4.gif

• Jim_Survak

Jim_Survak Ain't Nobody

#32143293 - 5 years ago

In reply to Kitsuun, #295:

Stupid gits were lucky I didn't drop kick 'em.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Stupid gits. That's funny.

• Kitsuun

Kitsuun

#32143294 - 5 years ago

In reply to Jim_Survak, #296:

Well they were! XD They talked through the entire movie! And they legitimately spent half the movie questioning whether or not The Winter Soldier was Maria Hill. It wasn't until he took he entire mask off that they were like "nope, definitely not". Like, he was wearing a skin tight shirt. You can clearly see that he is male. And then it took another few minutes to realise who it was after that too. So, yeah, stupid gits. XD

edit: Just realised that you don't use "git" in America XD

Post edited 4/12/14 9:14AM

• Jim_Survak

Jim_Survak Ain't Nobody

#32143295 - 5 years ago

In reply to Kitsuun, #297:

No we don't. I thought it was funny because in Warhammer 40k the Orks use the term "gits" - the boss ork will yell things like, "Get more dakka you gits!" (dakka = gun, because guns make a 'dakka-dakka-dakka' sound).

• Kitsuun

Kitsuun

#32143296 - 5 years ago

In reply to Jim_Survak, #298:

Hahah, fair enough then XD

• jp4464

jp4464 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32143297 - 5 years ago

My favorite film is Reservoir dogs, written and directed by Quentin Tarantino
    The music, the action, and the dialogue are just so good.

And my favorite animated film is The Incredibles. Great action, and some very subtle adult themes throughout
    So excited for a sequel!!!

• gamerSusan13

gamerSusan13

#32143298 - 5 years ago

is anybody else excited for the Guardians of the Galaxy? :D

• Kitsuun

Kitsuun

#32143299 - 5 years ago

In reply to gamerSusan13, #301:

Heck yes I am! :D

• nate04

nate04

#32143300 - 5 years ago

In reply to gamerSusan13, #301:

Guardians of the Galaxy is definitely the next movie on the list. Can't wait!

• relu94

relu94 Signatures Guardian x3

#32143301 - 4 years ago

Saw this thread and I thought I'd drop in to make a random Netflix selection. Check out the movie Blue Ruin! I think they talked about it on Screenplay.