Forums > The Rooster Teeth Safe Room

My Story...

Posts (5)

• Npriorprior

Npriorprior

#32642671 - 4 years ago

I have been struggling with this for a while, but I want to let you guys know that bullying can happen anywhere. If you are easily offended or upset, please leave now. I'm not gonna use all the details... but I'll give the main ideas

I used to live in New York with my mom and my dad. My mom is amazing, but my dad was terrible. For the first 4 years of my life I was beaten and and told I was worthless. My dad would also hit my two year old brother and my mother as well. My mom finally packed her bags and we moved to Massachusetts. My dad was a lawyer, so court was a struggle for my mom. My dad got visitation rights every single week, and continued the abuse. It all changed in sixth grade.

It was a normal day in school, when 3 policemen entered my room and grabbed me. My dad became friends with the judge, so the judge ordered this.Me and my brother were taken back to NY, and we couldn't even say goodbye to out mom. Once, there we were tormented even worse. See, I was adopted when I was two days old, so I didn't have the "Family Blood" (They are a strict Irish Catholic family). My brother was still constantly getting verbal abuse, but I received both physical and verbal abuse. I was hit, slapped, kicked, and he even broke my leg. I was not allowed to leave my room or eat. I was 60 lbs. I was in eight grade when my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. He died February of my 8th grade year. I came back to my mom weighing 55 lbs. I was sent off to counseling every day so I could get help for my problems. I had to repeat 8th grade so I could actually learn somethings, and to this day, there isn't one day when I don't remind myself of what happened.

I am now in the 11th grade. Through my experience, I was made stronger and wiser. I've been through hell and back. There is no obstacle I won't tackle that gets in my way. I reach for my goals and try to be the best person I can be. If I can do it, you can do it.

The lesson of this story is that perseverance is key to success. I could still be in a mental hospital if I didn't deal with what happened. If you EVER, need any sort of help, TELL SOMEONE. DO NOT KEEP IT A SECRET. BE STRONG AND GET THE HELP YOU NEED. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS BEING ABUSED, TELL A TEACHER OR A FAMILY MEMBER. DO NOT LET YOUR FRIEND GO THROUGH WHAT I WENT THROUGH. I LOVE YOU GUYS, smiley12.gif STAY STRONG smiley12.gif

Don't tell yourself that bullying only happens in school or work. Its everywhere.

I love you guys so much, you are my home away from home, and I can't wait to see you guys whenever I can get to RTX.

smiley12.gifsmiley12.gifsmiley12.gif

• LadyOddDuck

LadyOddDuck

#32642672 - 4 years ago

This was tough to read, Noah. You are such a sweet guy and I never would have imagined the horrors that were in your past. I think that's a big testament to how strong you are and the necessity to reach out for help when you need it.

Thanks for sharing. smiley12.gif

• Npriorprior

Npriorprior

#32642673 - 4 years ago

In reply to LadyOddDuck, #2:

Thank you so much for reading. Stay awesome smiley12.gif

• sneedse

sneedse

#32642674 - 4 years ago

Wow man. I couldn't even imagine. A response is hard enough, you truly understand and demonstrate the strength dealing with such problems that are beyond words. Amazing staying strong and posting this smiley13.gif

Post edited 10/03/14 6:10PM

• Npriorprior

Npriorprior

#32642675 - 4 years ago

In reply to sneedse, #4:

Thanks so much!!! It means a lot! smiley12.gif