Forums > The Sims

The Sims 2: Pets

Posts (63)

• DeeMonstar

DeeMonstar

#5061822 - 12 years ago

sims2petcover.jpg

* Sims Have Pets! - Your Sims can share a lifetime with their pets. Sims can adopt dogs, cats, birds, and more.
    * Create-A-Pet - Choose from dozens of dog and cat breeds, or customize features for a unique pet and then pick their personalities.
    * Pets Have Genetics - Cross different breeds to create designer pets or make new ones and register them to appear in Create-A-Pet as a unique pedigree.
    * Sit, Spike, Sit - Your Sims can encourage and discipline pets, training them to shake, play dead, and more. Unruly pets might dig in the yard, claw the sofa, topple the trash, or surprise their Sims in other ways, but Sims can change their pets' ways with the right training!
    * Pets Have Careers - Now your Sims aren't the only ones bringing home the bacon! Skilled pets can earn a living from three career tracks - Show Business, Security, and Service - and work their way up through five job levels.
    * Friends for a Lifetime - Your Sims' pets are members of the family and share all of life's egreat moments - whether it's kids training puppies, teens playing fetch in the park, adults watching TV with their cats, or elders enjoying a sunny day in park with their long-time companion!
    * Show off Your Pets - Share your favorite Sim pets with other The Simsâ„¢ 2 Pets players through the exchange.

Pre-Order via the EA Store

I don't know about you, but I've wanted Pets since I played The Sims 2 for the first time last year and am pleased to finally see it confirmed (I've been excited since EA's E3 booth) and I'm hoping that they have improved on what wasn't fun on The Sims: Unleashed. I hope we don't have strays again. *shudders*

Anyway, yay for Pet genetics! I wonder if we will be able to get sims pregnant with their pets via boolProp. I want half-sim, half-animal monstrosities running around Pleasantview!

Edit: Typo

Post edited 7/22/06 2:11AM

• DarkJedi375

DarkJedi375

#5061825 - 12 years ago

So, they finally made the announcement "official"? Last I heard, EA was still denying the fact that this was coming out ever...

• Zack

Zack FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Zatch

#5061829 - 12 years ago

I'm still surprised they didn't include pets with the basic Sims 2 to begin with...

• DeeMonstar

DeeMonstar

#5061832 - 12 years ago

In reply to DarkJedi375, #2:

Nope, it hasn't been announced on any of the official The Sims 2 websites - yet EA is accepting pre-orders...

Greedy bastards.

• phork

phork

#5061888 - 12 years ago

I hope we don't have strays again. *shudders*

Oh my God yeah I hated those no matter how many times I tried to delete them they just came back. smiley4.gif

• ecjulien

ecjulien

#5062397 - 12 years ago

YAY!! I was just talking to nate about that the other day. I FINALLY got Sims, I'm so excited. All I've been doing is playing...and that's why the house is so messy...

• RessXalcor

RessXalcor

#5062805 - 12 years ago

ohh man I'm so exited... I hated the fact that they didn't have pets to begin with

• DragonMina

DragonMina

#5093053 - 12 years ago

Sweet!

It's about damn time. How can one have the perfectly happy/perfectly dysfunctional family without pets?

And I hope they no longer have strays either. Always eating the food of beloved pets and leaving puddles on the patio! I wonder if you'll get to control the pets in this one, or if they'll just do whatever they want like Unleashed. And...how many pets will there be? The horrifying thought of a reoccurance of the hamster/gerbil flu has me worried!

• SPAZU_jerome

SPAZU_jerome

#5131942 - 12 years ago

Well about time EA has announced The Sims2: Pets. EA was trying to keep it a secret, and they didn't want any people to get excited yet. But now they don't care.

• scoobnut

scoobnut

#5145600 - 12 years ago

There's some more information over at TSR and Snooty Sims.

I don't think we'll be able to control pets directly, but Sims can help control their actions through training. Also, I've heard there will be strays. If they become too much of a problem, I'm sure our modders will come up with something. ; )

• DragonMina

DragonMina

#5147267 - 12 years ago

Aw, man, strays?

Oh well, I'm sure you're right, someone will make something to take care of them. Such as another sign, or possibly even a lovely 'no strays' bush.

I read the article from TSR - I can't believe it took them this long to make something like the Sledgehammer-thinger.

• scoobnut

scoobnut

#5149685 - 12 years ago

^You're right about the sledgehammer-tool. I can't wait to get my cursor on that thing *evil grin*

• hypeserver

hypeserver

#5151862 - 12 years ago

Wow shockingly I can't install this one because The Sims 2 already sucked up my laptops harddrive.

• TurtleRaven

TurtleRaven

#5155877 - 12 years ago

huh, they are doing a sims: unleashed clone for the sims 2? interesting.

• DragonMina

DragonMina

#5155952 - 12 years ago

Well, technically, all their expansions for The Sims 2 will probably be clones/rehashes of original Sims expansions. Simply because the original one covered a lot.

Like pets, for example.

But also, Nightlife was basically Hot Date only even better.

Granted, Open For Business and University were new, but even they had some tie-ins with the old ones.

Look out for vacation and celebrity ones. Perhaps even one with weather?

• scoobnut

scoobnut

#5167457 - 12 years ago

Maxis has said that they're trying to do a combination of new stuff and old stuff (from TS1). In the spring, they've released new things (Uni and Business), and the fall is their "old stuff" (Nightlife and Pets) season.

• DragonMina

DragonMina

#5167569 - 12 years ago

I wonder what they'll come up with.

Magic again?

I mean, now the Sims have school, cars, downtowns, businesses, shopping districts, dating/relationship opportunities and pets (not to mention vampirism.) What else is there? Other than, as I said, vacations, celebrity junk, weather and possibly magic.

• NC313

NC313

#5175852 - 12 years ago

I wonder if you can make a vampire hound. I mean, you can make a damn vampire Robot.

• scoobnut

scoobnut

#5183562 - 12 years ago

Not sure.. but I have heard news of werewolves being the next 'weird being'. Nothing official... yet.

• RessXalcor

RessXalcor

#5211311 - 12 years ago

I vampire dog is better than your dog,

ohh man that would be so cool just seeing me and my friend fighting over which dog is better

• noob_eaten

noob_eaten

#5220913 - 12 years ago

In reply to RessXalcor, #21:

i smell hot online action !

• noob_eaten

noob_eaten

#5220921 - 12 years ago

In reply to RessXalcor, #21:

i smell hot online action !

• silver247

silver247