Forums > The Strangerhood

I just can't get into it

Posts (32)

• goofy1771

goofy1771

#365970 - 14 years ago

i'm sorry but as much as i love you guys and i love red vs blue, the strangerhood just seems moronic. i mean i realize it was probably one of the easiest games to make a cartoon out of, but still at least try a little harder.

• sears_89

sears_89

#366075 - 14 years ago

In reply to goofy1771, #1:

well you just totally suck

• dewknight

dewknight

#366132 - 14 years ago

And RvB didn't seem moronic when it was first out? and still now?

• WatchOut

WatchOut

#366834 - 14 years ago

The main problem with Strangerhood is that ther is NO storyline! Let them fix that problem and maybe we will get used to it! Maybe

• Lex01

Lex01

#366860 - 14 years ago

Just give it a bit of time. The biggest difference between this and RvB is that the latter started out with no storyline at all. Randomness is funny.

• WatchOut

WatchOut

#366866 - 14 years ago

In reply to Lex01, #5:

Not in this case! If I wanted randomness I would go down to The Basement!

• sears_89

sears_89

#367059 - 14 years ago

In reply to WatchOut, #6:
    Theres been what, 3 episodes? So thats about 20 minutes. Is there ever a story in the first 20 minutes of a movie? NO! 20 minutes and you manage to bitch about it already? WTF

• dragonwinger

dragonwinger

#367222 - 14 years ago

In reply to sears_89, #7:

Well I don't think it matters about how long its been going. I haven't laughed at one single thing in this series. When i first saw RvB, I was laughing at the first scene and have ALWAYS found episodes enjoyable to watch, and not a burden to sit through. No offense to the guys at RT, but it's going to be RvB for me and thats it, because I don't see anything worthwhile in the Strangerhood.

• goofy1771

goofy1771

#368091 - 14 years ago

i'm sorry, i'm really trying but its impossible. i want to support it simply out of my love for RvB, and as such i willl keep giving the strangerhood a chance. the first time i saw RvB i nearly wet myself, and i proceeded to download every available episode and watch them over and over again. the strangerhood.....not so much. it has become more of a burden than a pleasure.

• HAPPYending

HAPPYending

#368344 - 14 years ago

I'm just mad there's such a mega long delay between episodes. COME ONNNNN RT! *CRACKS WHIP*

• PollutionXP

PollutionXP

#368443 - 14 years ago

In reply to HAPPYending, #10:

Maybe Strangerhood isn't your thing. I find it hilarious myself, but I can understand that some people don't. I think the main turnoff with strangerhood right now is the fact that they have to introduce so many characters, and get their personality's across, then make you able to understand whats going on in the world, then they can really start going into deep story, these first three episodes have been mostly primer, then again this is all my opinion.

• WatchOut

WatchOut

#368892 - 14 years ago

I believe they screwed up the show with the amnesia thing.

• skarvy

skarvy

#369117 - 14 years ago

When you watch a Half-Hour TV show do you wait until 20 minutes into until you decide to flip the channel?
    Maybe if you think about it as a percentage thing you'll understand why Strangerhood sux the big one.

• PollutionXP

PollutionXP

#369617 - 14 years ago

In reply to skarvy, #13:

if you don't like it, what are you doing in this forum?

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#371471 - 14 years ago

In reply to PollutionXP, #14:

Exactly, that's what I'm trying to figure out as well. I don't find it as funny as RvB, but it is funny. Besides: there is a storyline as much as in RvB, it just doesn't show yet. You don't actually say that you don't believe air exists because you can't see it?

• Ilpalazzo

Ilpalazzo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Guardian

#372081 - 14 years ago

Easiest games to make a cartoon out of?! The lip-syncing alone makes it difficult for them. RvB is probably easier to make episodes for then Strangerhood.

• Omali

Omali

#374015 - 14 years ago

In reply to hobbie, #17:

agreed.
    When the character intro was released i found myself thinking that it was just a ripoff of the upcoming show Drawn Together

• goofy1771

goofy1771

#390406 - 14 years ago

In reply to Hamwise, #19:

now how in the world can you birng up not comparing The Strangerhood to RvB and then you bring up a totally different film? and if you want my honest opinion, yes i would rather have Street Fighter The Movie. It is a fine piece of film compared to this aimless experiment.

• Dalith

Dalith

#391905 - 14 years ago

I absolutely hate The Strangerhood and Im in this forum to bitch about it god damnit! Their wasting precious time they could be spending making more RVB x.X They could be all the way to Episode 53 by now! But no...

• goofy1771

goofy1771

#391919 - 14 years ago

In reply to Dalith, #21:

or at least put out the episodes on time. i remember when it used to be every monday, (almost) never fail. it was a religion to us. that was our sabbath. *sigh*

• MKN

MKN

#392501 - 14 years ago

I must agree with you. I don't think it can ever live up to Red vs Blue. But i'll keep watching and see if it grows on me.

• ChadenDrake

ChadenDrake

#392523 - 14 years ago

It's new. All that's been goin on is an intro. It's a sitcom. There'll prob be no real story, just random gags tied by know (or soon to be) characters.

• skirsch999

skirsch999

#394579 - 14 years ago

I watch it when there is no RVB coming out, but I havent watched it in over a month...

• DeviousHK

DeviousHK

#396590 - 14 years ago

Ya, the first episode was great but after that it just went down hill. I dont totaly hate it, but its no RedvsBlue

• bladewraith

bladewraith

#398431 - 14 years ago

I am actually feeling very angry at the people who say the the Strangerhood is "more mature, deep humor, that some people might now get" as if they're better than us. I have something to tell you: YOU AREN'T! I appreciate more mature or deep humor too, and I don't like the Strangerhood. Maybe you do really like the Strangerhood. Fine. You like it. But don't start lording over us about how much bettter you are.

I'll admit, it is a different kind of humor, but that's the point: It isn't funny.