Forums > The Strangerhood

After a Second Look at the Strangerhood

Posts (25)

• PollutionXP

PollutionXP

#376865 - 14 years ago

I've realised the show is a lot funnier than I really ever remember. WIth everyone giving it so much credit, my rememberence of the show was dilluted. I mean, its got some good comedy, and if you really think about the work that goes into filming it, its friggin hard. Another thing I noticed is that the audience is funny in episode2 but is supposed to be annoying in episode three. There is a long scene where the keep coming in, then aern't in it for the rest of the time. They use that scene to get some points across, like that the characters can hear the audience, and some are trying to please them, while others want to kill them. It is important to put that in, but people complaining that the auidence is ruining the show are kinda dumb. It doesn't ruin the show, its actually needed. Go back and watch the episodes again if you don't believe me, and if you still hate the show, leave.

• jazzcat11

jazzcat11

#378691 - 14 years ago

In reply to PollutionXP, #1:

yer a smart on, you are!
    I've gone back and watched episodes, and my love has only increased.
    :) w00t!

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#378710 - 14 years ago

In reply to PollutionXP, #1:

I didn't like it that much either when I first saw it. But the second time got better, and since I put subtitles on ep2 which made me look it over and over again, I totally love it. Episode 3 isn't that bad either btw... I'm really looking forward to 4.

• sears_89

sears_89

#381647 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mithhuanion, #4:

Finally someone who wont butch about it

• PrototypeGTX

PrototypeGTX

#383444 - 14 years ago

Plus it only has 3 episodes, plus a holiday episode

• ToolPackinMa

ToolPackinMa

#397511 - 14 years ago

In reply to PrototypeGTX, #6:

Plus another ep which is due out ANY SECOND!

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#397947 - 14 years ago

In reply to ToolPackinMa, #7:

Yep we need to wait untill something like ep15 is out to start making serious judgements as to whether or not SH is any good

• Noah13

Noah13

#411850 - 14 years ago

Thats right , it took Red Vs Blue about a hole season before it took off and was world reknown for being a successful series! Just give Strangerhood one season and then start judging it !

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#412105 - 14 years ago

In reply to Noah13, #9:

Thank you. That is what I have been saying all along - give it some time

• PollutionXP

PollutionXP

#412409 - 14 years ago

In reply to WindowsRules, #10:

actually it's what I have been saying, but we all fight for the same team here.

• cubsfan05

cubsfan05

#413564 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mithhuanion, #4:

yeah, i'm looking forward to episode 4 also, but at this rate it may not come until 2020, if ever. hopefully i'm wrong and it will be up tomorrow or something, but...

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#414153 - 14 years ago

In reply to cubsfan05, #12:

So where is your SIms 2 machinima project?

I think that we ought to allow as much time for RoosterTeeth to make a new Strangerhood episode as possible. So relax - watch Red vs Blue - mess around on your PC, just be patient.

• LaoBoy

LaoBoy

#414164 - 14 years ago

In reply to WindowsRules, #13:

Yeah people gotta relax, The Strangerhood is friggin FUNNY! so in the mean time ill wait RVB and play Halo2 Xbox live style.

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#414201 - 14 years ago

In reply to LaoBoy, #14:

yep - thank you for agreeing with me

• Throckmorton

Throckmorton

#414311 - 14 years ago

In reply to WindowsRules, #13:

In reply to cubsfan05, #12:

So where is your SIms 2 machinima project?

I think that we ought to allow as much time for RoosterTeeth to make a new Strangerhood episode as possible. So relax - watch Red vs Blue - mess around on your PC, just be patient.

But when I mess around with my PC, the keyboard gets all icky-sticky.

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#414385 - 14 years ago

In reply to Throckmorton, #16:

WTMI - Way Too Much Information

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#415220 - 14 years ago

In reply to sears_89, #5:

A little late in reply but: I never butched about it actually. Actually: I tried not to expect anything like Red vs Blue, nor the quality of Red vs Blue. The work with the Sims 2 has to be much more detailed, plus that they already announced it would be for a different audience, and they had to get used to the engine.
    I mean: when you look at the first couple of episodes in RvB, the head-bobbing sucks (quite frankly). But when you look at the latest (halo ce) episodes, they have mastered it pretty well. I expect that the Strangerhood will be similar, and that they just need quite some time to get used to it.
    Further on: I know I could never make a good film with the Sims 2, even though it would just be 1 minute. The complexity of the Strangerhood, and the way RT have managed to make 4 movies with it, is really quite impressive.

• PollutionXP

PollutionXP

#415259 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mithhuanion, #18:

its all about this thing called learning curve, once you learn how to use everything, its easier.

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#416807 - 14 years ago

In reply to PollutionXP, #19:

I would like to see how quickly you would learn from doing something like Strangerhood and RvB at the same time - give them some slack

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#425858 - 14 years ago

Well ep 4 is out now have you watched it? -Happy?

• zynk

zynk

#426266 - 14 years ago

Hey sorry if this is a stupid newbie question but I know that RVB has new episodes weekly, is Sreangerhood the same case?

I didn't need a second look at Strangerhood I took to it straight away much like I did with Red Vs Blue.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#426278 - 14 years ago

In reply to zynk, #22:

I'd say look in the FAQs, but they say it comes out every other week. We don't know if that's going to be put back into action again or not, so it's kinda random now.

• WindowsRules

WindowsRules

#426617 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #23:

Yeah it is random - ep4 took about 2 and a bit months to come out so watch this space

• zynk

zynk

#428730 - 14 years ago

cool cool, cheers!

• RTawanshura

RTawanshura

#1115045 - 14 years ago

I totally loved SH at the first episode but my friend hated it. Im still trying to convince him its a quality show that just gets better and better every episode.