Forums > The Strangerhood

4th Episode is hilarious... agreed?

Posts (51)

• Gatekreeper

Gatekreeper

#421191 - 14 years ago

The other episodes were funny too, but more of in a chuckle, grin sort of way. This episode, the characters are more idiosyncratic and interesting to watch, because we're getting a feel for their characters and their stereotypical attitudes. A couple of lines just made me laugh out loud, literally, though I heard the TEAM and ME line before recently and didn't have much of an effect, but just things like "Refrigerator, fantastic!" and "Check. Mate." struck a chord with me. The Baked Alaska line was also a definite gem of comedy, for those who don't know, Baked Alaska is hardest thing to bake in the Sims 2 along with Lobster.

The movie making was also MUCH better, as we don't have as much awkward sweeps and erratic camera shifts. The kitchen scene was great when you look at each thing that everyone is doing. The gnome thing and how he positively ignores them is really funny, especially with the toilet, when you think, "How does he pee and not notice a big gnome stuck in the toilet." The talking part was odd, but funny, I was half expecting a Gollum'like dialogue though.

On the whole, I had a lot more fun watching this episode and really want to extend my congratulations to the team for making each episode better than the one better. It's tough work and there's obviously some rough spots, but it's definitely going to be a great series.

• zakkie123

zakkie123

#421224 - 14 years ago

In reply to Gatekreeper, #1:

oh cool, i didnt notice the ep was up

• Kamakura

Kamakura

#421408 - 14 years ago

I will admit that there were some parts that were funny. In fact this was probably the first episode I actually snickered at a few times. I thought the first 3 episodes were a bunch or crap (and I'm not the only one who thought that), but this one was actually good. There were still some parts that were just lame. I don't really like all they stereotypical characters in this and how over the top they get just ruins it.

I still say that this show is just a waste of time and that they should spend their time on RvB, but I really doubt they will just drop this show so I'm hoping the show still gets better. Camera work and the dubbing isn't as bad though which helps.

• Dracon

Dracon

#421439 - 14 years ago

hes hilarius agreed very much so

Cant wait to see what happens with the gnomes

but where is our friend with her stylish hat

• KuKuBlue

KuKuBlue

#421449 - 14 years ago

In reply to Dracon, #4:

I haven't really laughed at anything RT has done in a while, that counts RVB

I don't know why.

• junglegirl

junglegirl

#421454 - 14 years ago

Yes... it was good. But where was Nikki? And why wasn't Griggs (I think that's kis name) in the competition?

• ToolPackinMa

ToolPackinMa

#421538 - 14 years ago

Griggs and the Gnome....weird. The rest was actually funny, thank GOD.

Nikki... hmm. Where was Nikki?

• DonChipotle

DonChipotle

#421847 - 14 years ago

I agree, this episode was great. And do you know what the best part was? No audience making noises in the background!

• Axel

Axel

#421870 - 14 years ago

Agreed.

Especially the face Griggs makes after looking through the telescope. It gets me everytime. And just to say (maybe this has been discussed before), I'm very confident in estimating that Griggs is played by burnie.

• techieman

techieman

#421923 - 14 years ago

It still wasn't great, but it was a lot better than the first 3 hopefully it will keep improving.

• MadMac_5

MadMac_5

#421987 - 14 years ago

I don't think the 4th Episode is hilarious. I agree that it's more watchable than the previous ones have been, but it's still just not all that interesting to me yet. Personally, I think that the show would be better with fewer characters, or more concentration on a few characters at a time.

One reason why I felt that "Friends" worked is that quite a lot of the time, it was focused on the happenings of only 2 or 3 characters at a time; there were far fewer scenes with all 6 main characters at once, and those scenes usually happened when the smaller scenes overflowed into each other. Episode 4 of Strangerhood started to get into this via separating Griggs from the rest of the cast; the rest of the characters, however, seem to be tripping over each other.

• WatchOut

WatchOut

#422017 - 14 years ago

Agreed.

• mapster

mapster

#422630 - 14 years ago

I loved episode 4! It was easily the best one yet! I'm guessing this'll mean better episodes to come! I can't wait!!!

• klitz_kouper

klitz_kouper

#423121 - 14 years ago

Personnaly I don't know what to think about the Strangerhood. There are negative and positive points about it. First of all, it's just not as funny as Red vs Blue. But it is targeted towards a different audience which compensates. Another negative point is the shaky plot. There are a lot of things that aren't logical and keep us in awkward suspense. But when you think about it there are a lot of funny bits, but it's not haha funny, it's more like it's funny in your mind, like political cartoons, they make you laugh inside. If I didn't know that the RT crew planned out their whole season before making it I'd think that this show was going nowhere. Lucky we can trust them that everything will make sense... eventually. So far this show is taking on other shows like Friends, or Will and Grace, and even the Simpsons (all the stereotypes.) And Red vs Blue is a more violent, humourous kind of show like Futurama, or South Park. That's why a lot of Red vs Blue fans aren't liking Strangerhood. But when you think about it RT isn't trying to get the RvB fans to watch SH, they're trying to attract more people to their site. They want to show people that they aren't all about toilet humour and stuff like that, they want to attract an older audience. Personnally I don't like Strangerhood very much, but it still entertains me, so I'm going to stick around to see what happens.

• Kamakura

Kamakura

#423366 - 14 years ago

-1 Noob for complaining about something? Because I don't like Strangerhood as much as you, I'm a noob? Pfft...why do we even have these mod points?

• Chessrook44

Chessrook44

#423745 - 14 years ago

I personally liked how they quoted every bad reality show.

You will all live together secluded in a house... (Big Brother?)
    ...On a deserted island... (Survivor)
    ...Where you must lose weight... (No idea)
    ...By eating disgusting items and participating in outrageous stunts... (Fear Factor)
    ...In an attempt to prove your worth to an egotistical billionare... (The Apprentice)
    ...All while fulfilling your dream of finding true love. (No idea)

• WatchOut

WatchOut

#423772 - 14 years ago

Actually, I enjoy watching the other episodes now too, which I didnt before I watched episode 4.

• Tucker_Q218

Tucker_Q218

#423895 - 14 years ago

In reply to junglegirl, #6:

yeah...i miss Nikki

• G4Shen

G4Shen

#423906 - 14 years ago

This is a very funny episode.....

• johnw188

johnw188

#423959 - 14 years ago

I really enjoy the fact that they removed the laugh track. That was the one thing that got me on the other episodes, it just seemed really out of place.

• WatchOut

WatchOut

#424049 - 14 years ago

In reply to johnw188, #22:

Yeah, totally! They got rid of the laugh track by switching from TiVo to the computer. Cuz if the voice would still be on the TV but suddenly with no laugh track, that would be kinda weird. Good job!

• MrSuborbian8

MrSuborbian8

#424118 - 14 years ago

it was worth the wait

they're getting better at using the sims

• WatchOut

WatchOut

#424140 - 14 years ago

I found a blooper(sorry) in episode 4. Right after the PC voice stops talking, the Sims 2 cursor appears for a bit. Nothing big, but worth a post.

• WatchOut

WatchOut

#424178 - 14 years ago

In reply to WatchOut, #25:

I wonder what is Dr. Chalmers* name. I think it would be great if his name was Otus. Dr. Otus Chalmers.

• hypersaxon

hypersaxon

#425976 - 14 years ago

In reply to MadMac_5, #11:

The reason that there's so many characters together is because it's like one of those reality shows like "Survivor" so there's a bunch of people in seperate groups competing against each other.

It's funny how Sam got stuck with Wade and the foreign guy (forgot his name) that Omnipotent Voice must not like him very much...