Forums > The Strangerhood

4th Episode is hilarious... agreed?

Posts (51)

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#426230 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chessrook44, #18:

I personally liked how they quoted every bad reality show.

You will all live together secluded in a house... (Big Brother?)
    ...On a deserted island... (Survivor)
    ...Where you must lose weight... (The Biggest Loser)
    ...By eating disgusting items and participating in outrageous stunts... (Fear Factor)
    ...In an attempt to prove your worth to an egotistical billionare... (The Apprentice)
    ...All while fulfilling your dream of finding true love. (The Bachelor(ette))

Filled in what you didn't know.
    I liked it, though I don't recall laughing (I was very tired). Wondering why 2 were left out of the contest, and one out of the episode, but it was interesting. Kinda interesting with the gnome. That might turn into something.... strange.
    As for everyone who wants to say something about SH instead of the episode (i.e. SH sucks, RT should quit it, SH still showing no sign of being good), you're off topic. This is an episode thread used so we don't have to hear the random saying and BAR-like conversation in the comments thread. You deserve to be negmodded in any way anyone else sees fit. Also, Strangerhood forums, why the hell are you in a forum for something you hate? If you don't like the series, go watch RvB and stay in those forums.
    [/speech]

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#426280 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #28:

Oh, another game show comment.
    "The losers will be banned from Kitchen Stadium forever" - Iron Chef
    I dunno bout "Battle On", is that Iron Chef, too?

• daisho

daisho

#426345 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #29:

sounds more like robot wars.

• Torque

Torque

#426449 - 14 years ago

Well I actually haven't found any of the episodes very funny, at least not as funny as RvB. I guess you have to play the game or something to actually enjoy it. The only thing I found funny on this episode was the *kitchen on fire* "oh no dude, where are my marshmellows when I need 'em" scene. But I really think that the guys at Rooster Teeth can make this as funny as RvB once they get the hang of it.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#427108 - 14 years ago

In reply to daisho, #30:

In reply to FlaymKnight, #29:

sounds more like robot wars.

Robot Wars is "3...2...1..Activate" or Dave Charles saying "Let's get stuck in."
    I have no idea where the Battle On is from. Anyone know? Throw it in with your opinion of the episode?

• Torque

Torque

#427425 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #32:

It's either from the blade blade cartoon shit, or from a megaman cartoon. Not sure.
    Anyways, I already commeneted so whatever.

• Famicom_Mike

Famicom_Mike Nintendork Since 1992

#427989 - 14 years ago

In reply to daisho, #30:

it was awesome. Im liking Strangerhood more. Burnie and everyone else does a good job.

• Jackal120

Jackal120

#428350 - 14 years ago

They got rid of the audience! Yay! major improvement. So, yeah...agreed. Episode 4 is hilarious and i hope the series gets better as it goes along.

• evilspleen

evilspleen

#428361 - 14 years ago

yep ep 4beats the others by miles... does anyone know how they get lypsynch with the strangerhood? would anyone care to enlighten me as to how to do it? please!

• Dracon

Dracon

#428367 - 14 years ago

In reply to evilspleen, #36:

its a lengthy process of just playing around with the sims mouths just slowing it down and speeding it up

• evilspleen

evilspleen

#428388 - 14 years ago

In reply to Dracon, #37:
    ahhhh
    so without editing any files or anything, they just play around in the video capture mode?
    thanks for your help

• zynk

zynk

#428735 - 14 years ago

Episode 4 was pretty funny, yeah...but I think episode 1, if you rewatch it is the funniest when the unnamed character which the "TiVo" thing called 'Weirdo' was walking about going "mailbox", "bedroom", then ended on I have no idea where I am. I thought that was hilarious.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#428821 - 14 years ago

In reply to zynk, #39:

I find it funny how it's the 4th episode and it seems no one knows everyone's name in SH. Not even me! (But I'm sure that was Dutchmiller.... Weirdo suits him more.)

• Fed514

Fed514

#428896 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #40:

Kickass! Big Improvement, I'll be waiting for more epis!

"Where's my marshmellows when I need em!?!" Wade

• Exile650

Exile650

#429140 - 14 years ago

This episode was funny. The whole grilled cheese constest was well implemented.
    "We ate all of their team's sandwitches." "Explain team 2?"

But the whole gnome thing creeped me out.

• Squall241088

Squall241088

#429861 - 14 years ago

In reply to Exile650, #42:

Yep i agree ep.4 is by far the best yet..keep up the good work!!

• Gatekreeper

Gatekreeper

#430546 - 14 years ago

I completely forgot! The funniest thing in this episode by far was the Marshmallow thing. They matched it hilariously with the animation. The second funniest thing was also Tovar's "I'll grab the sand!... (Sam appears frustrated)... and the witches!" It was the comedy of the voice acting that really pulled that one off.

• hypersaxon

hypersaxon

#431073 - 14 years ago

They're starting to show more of the premise of The Strangerhood with this episode, I'm guessing it's gonna be a bunch of parodies of various television shows. Like this episode you have a competition like in one of those reality shows where the losing team has to go forever. Thankfully they both ended up loosing so it was a draw :)

I'm guessing the two episodes with the audience were a parody of a sitcom, which explains their absense from Episode 4. Whether they'll come back is questionable, but I bet RT will throw them in just to piss us all off for complaining about them all the time lol then the characters will all start complaining like we do "Damn it, there goes that blasted audience again!" "Boo!" "Aw, shut up already!"

• drew829

drew829

#431680 - 14 years ago

In reply to Gatekreeper, #1:

This was the best Episode yet. I like the part where the voice was setting up the teams

Voice: Team One, Sam.
    Sam: Ok, just as long as I don't work with Tov...
    Voice: Tovar.
    Sam: Damn it! Ok, not with Wade...
    Voice: And Wade.
    Sam: Son of a...

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#435769 - 14 years ago

Agreed. The first time I saw it I played it twice, since the other episodes were funnier the second time. The whole 'check' thing was hilarious, especially the hesitated one. And the gnome/leprechaun thing was also cool, especially how he just notices it after at least 4 gnomes...
    Yeah, Strangerhood is getting funnier in my opinion.

• MonkeyHood

MonkeyHood

#435810 - 14 years ago

Alls I know is that if

i shat a gnome, i'd be on the ground crying and bleeding. He must have a high pain resistance.

• mucha7012

mucha7012

#437571 - 14 years ago

Well this is not as funny as red vs blue. But the frist three episodes were kinds stupid. If they had the laugh track the whole time I would never watch it again. But now by the 4th episode it's starting to get funnier. Hopefully it will be able to reach up to the funnieness of red vs blue!

• Lavarock

Lavarock

#437995 - 14 years ago

The timing on the team selecting was flawless.
    I liked the part where the Voice said "And all the other people whose names I don't know."
    and the screen read

Gold Digger--Curmudgeon--Wierdo

Most of you probably only understand the last one. Sigh.

Yeah, that's a more complex show and it takes more time, they can't just run eachother over in tanks. Be patient. It was already good and it's becomeing really good.

The satire and hidden sarcasm is great, and I loved how Ep4 and the RvB Sundance festival film both mentioned carbs.

It's one giant joke about Hollywood, which we need more often these days because it sucks a lot of the time.

: ) they should do one about MTV!

• SpartanSally

SpartanSally

#438633 - 14 years ago

I have to say, the fourth episode is the best one so far. I think RoosterTeeth is starting to figure out just where they want to go with the series. (Though I did love the conversation about eating Spike and Sheila in the third one)

The lawn gnome nearly made me wet myself, I was laughing so hard.

• Robborboy

Robborboy

#438829 - 14 years ago

lol that episode was funny