Forums > The Strangerhood

Lip synch?

Posts (41)

• comrade693

comrade693

#26065 - 14 years ago

In reply to rareape, #25:

that is true, but it gets the point accross...although it is just a still frame of vic too. I think i will now retract my previous statement

• AsEcReT1

AsEcReT1

#26564 - 14 years ago

I think whats important no matter what is the writing and acting. Since the characters in the Sims s are more interactive with thier enviornment, the comedy will take a whole new level. Plus the guys at RT are genious writers(Insert Brownie Points).I think that with all the other stuff going on we won't notice the lip synch problems.

• Jedi_jester

Jedi_jester FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#27575 - 14 years ago

In reply to AsEcReT1, #28:

There could be a way to lip sinc. Depending on what video edditing program they use. They could slow down and speed up the video in the right places to fit in with the voice acting! That might make the sim move strange. But its the best idea I can come up with!

• comrade693

comrade693

#27678 - 14 years ago

In reply to Jedi_jester, #29:

Generally they try to not modify the game too much. They want us to be able to reproduce it or something like that...

• Jedi_jester

Jedi_jester FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#27723 - 14 years ago

In reply to comrade693, #30:

I made some movies using The Sims 2 and there is another problem. There are thought bubbles that apear above the sims head. So what there saying will have to match what there thinking (or maybe not if there lying?)

• frost

frost

#29867 - 14 years ago

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that they've gotten some dev tools from EA. After all, the Sims 2 site has a pretty substantiantial page about the project, and they have that "Made with Sims 2" clip at the end...

It would seem to me that any sort of lip syncing/thought bubbling/preventing the-Sims-from-wandering-off-in the-middle-of-a-take-because-they-have-to-go-to-the-bathroom would be near-impossible without special tools.

Also, I'm pretty sure that some of the shots in the trailer aren't achievable in-game because of camera limits...

• comrade693

comrade693

#31859 - 14 years ago

In reply to frost, #32:

That is true. However, I don't think they will tell us, so I guess we'll have to find out when the release the first one (Can't Wait!)

• Jedi_jester

#32384 - 14 years ago

In reply to frost, #32:

You can download that "made with Sims 2" clip from the sims2 web site.

• lophyte

lophyte

#49342 - 14 years ago

In reply to frost, #32:

You can turn off "Free Will'" in the game options, and you can download a trainer program to give you infinite mood (so your sims don't start whining about having to take a piss in the middle of a nice shot). Other than that, I'm wondering how RT is gonna make the sims do what they want. I've been trying to do some videos with somewhat of a story to them, and generally just screwing around with the game, and I've learned that its a pain trying to get them to do exactly what you want. If you want them to fight with each other, you have to sit for a good 20 or 30 minutes and make them argue/insult each other until their friendship bar is so low you can finally fight.

• Bakkster_Man

Bakkster_Man

#49458 - 14 years ago

In reply to lophyte, #35:

Wel, fortunately RT likes spending time screwing around with games. They did spend 17 HOURS STRAIGHT working on episode 39 (and that's just one day). I figure they're willing to put a bunch of effort into this too.

I'm pretty sure that with no free will and careful framing of the shots they can overcome most of these problems.

• blackakira

blackakira

#76673 - 14 years ago

got to stay I hated the whole idea of the sims, played both of them. Still hate it. I am really interested on how they are going to pull this one off. just like RvB I got one of the net then was hooked, just because it was so different. well good luck guys

• Kanis

Kanis

#140531 - 14 years ago

Peronally, I thought that it would be hard for them to live up to RvB, and now I fear that I was right.

Does it seem to anyone else that the dialouge is at least partially written around the pacing and limitations of the character models? It just seems that there are odd pauses, and speech inflections that seem to be dictated by the way the Sims 'act' when they are talking. This seems to be another pitfall of trying too hard to achieve the perfect lip-synch.

• comrade693

comrade693

#140784 - 14 years ago

In reply to Kanis, #38:

I don't exactly agree with that, but I haven't watched the episode a million times to analyze it either. I think they did a very good job with cordinating the characters actions with the voices though-seemed natural to me

• Kanis

Kanis

#141146 - 14 years ago

In reply to comrade693, #39:

Well, to each his own. I only watched it once, and perhaps it's just me.

I'm still more than happy with RvB though. Oddly enough I feel that the faceless visors are more expressive than seeing the actual faces of the characters on the new show. It must be because there could be no expression funnier than what I imagine in my head. :-)

• m1a127

m1a127

#142321 - 14 years ago

In reply to Kanis, #38:

Such a thing would never be a problem seeing as they edit and clip things together as needed. I'm not saying you are wrong that it isn't as good as RvB. I personally don't find either to be that funny. I'm just saying that I don't think the pacing of the sims movements is the problem.

• comrade693

comrade693

#142689 - 14 years ago

In reply to Kanis, #40:

If I had mod points, I would so ditto you, but alas I do not.

That is true. For some reason the RvB guys seem more expressive to me.