Forums > The Strangerhood

Episode 1 Comments

Posts (437)

• RunBoris

RunBoris

#107880 - 14 years ago

I am most imoressed. I didn't expect to see such a movie-like series using the Sims 2. Then again, I haven't played Sims 2, so I don't know what it's capible of. Anywho, GREAT JOB! I'LL BE BACK FOR MORE!!!

• Spikey206

Spikey206

#108033 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

The first portion reminded me of the 1st episode of RvB. So..philisophical. lol

I dunno...I've decided to wait out 3 episodes to make an actual decision, but it looks like it has potential. They did a great job of meshing the dialogue with the character animations. This could be really good. :)

• R3V3NG3_007

R3V3NG3_007

#108082 - 14 years ago

In reply to Spikey206, #336:

I agree with Spikey.. This has a lot of potential, and I can't wait to see the next few episodes. So far I'm liking it.

• Talim

Talim

#108392 - 14 years ago

Yup, I deff agree w/u all. I thought it was funny. I watched it twice. Someone said to me that there were a lot of characters. After watching it I agree ;)

• CXVII

CXVII

#108524 - 14 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait for the next episode... Duuuuude!

• katti

katti

#108764 - 14 years ago

In reply to KarbonPhyber, #331:

I loved Dutchmiller.

Yeah baby! look at my pic! LOOK AT IT

• R3V3NG3_007

R3V3NG3_007

#108800 - 14 years ago

In reply to katti, #340:

Hahahaha.. That's class..

• WigginEnder

WigginEnder

#108896 - 14 years ago

In reply to HMNSHLD, #86:

I like him too. Must be the genius of the 'hood.

• trono

trono

#109052 - 14 years ago

This series is definitely in a different direction from RvB. I found the first episode to be hilarious. This series is off to a better start, IMO, than RvB was.

• imacgod

imacgod

#109257 - 14 years ago

In all honesty, I found The Strangerhood to be pretty boring, so far. Then again, that's what I thought of Red vs. Blue initially. I'm going to hold my judgment until we get at least 5 episodes. Until then, keep up the good work, Rooster Teeth!

• reiki

reiki

#109473 - 14 years ago

The episode was okay I guess. It wasn't what I expected. I don't really like the fact that no one can remember anything, and Wade will probably get on my nerves. But these guys did a great job with Reb vs Blue, so I'll support them in this one, too.

Marc Sadowski
    NaNago.com

• deloreanboy

deloreanboy

#109562 - 14 years ago

ya wow you guys pulled it off again! that was very good in every aspect like the camera and the directing of it. oh ya and dutchmiller is awesome! lol keep up the awesome work you guys!

• Killa283

Killa283

#109701 - 14 years ago

i say good.

• Doja

Doja

#109785 - 14 years ago

In reply to blackdeath87, #2:

Kiss ASS

• Doja

Doja

#109830 - 14 years ago

amazing... how did you do that with the sims

• maddcows

maddcows

#109925 - 14 years ago

It looks great! The Strangerhood looks like it has lots of potential. It'll be another great reason to come check out the site.

• Firedemon

Firedemon

#109953 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

I don't know what to think so far. I'm actually a little disapointed in this first episode but I do predict big things from this one.

• Zoloft

Zoloft

#110534 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

To be honest, I've never been a fan of The Sims, but I know you guys are funny guys so it didn't really matter. But I must say, the way the characters move and talk really gets on my nerves, it's really hard to watch for me.

• art_is_lousy

art_is_lousy

#110565 - 14 years ago

Okay, so I've read , juuust about everything, but there's one thing that's been bothering me. So here, I'ma do the dirty deed and cross-post. You can find this one on the "Am I the only one?" forum, but it hasn't garnered any interest so far. Just wondering what people's opinions are on this idea.

I'm gonna have to say my main problem with the first episode, was just a laock of believablility. And as someone else has noted, it could be the odd "dubbing" quality you seem to have with trying to add words to mouths that just don't express syllables. Y'know, it's hard to get over the fact that you know it's been altered to fit this or that scene. However, here's the clincher for me, and I'd like to have the makers hear me out on this. I understand it's the first episode, and you can only work on so much at a time, but I miss the gaffer noises. As in, RvB has sound effects, if someone moves or hits something or gets shot, you hear it. Well, in the Strangerhood, you should be able to HEAR someone get out of bed, or walk up wooden steps, or move quickly. It can add a lot of realism, as well as professionalism, to a scene to have more than only voices. The tiny little rustles, cloth sounds, they can be added at the same time they record voices. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Heh, ..."Durnt."

• Jintor

Jintor

#110613 - 14 years ago

Just a note: Remember this is the first episode (and a trailer). Peronally i didn't think the first, i don't know, 10 or so episodes of RvB were that special, but soon... it was just so cool! So we've just gotta wait to reserve judgment.

And as for art_is_lousy ... great idea, i love it. Just find them a professional recording room ;-)

(Note: Do they use professional recording rooms? The money they're getting from sales looks like they might... uh oh ... i'd better pay for something quick!)

• dootsie

dootsie

#110851 - 14 years ago

I'm not really sure what to think just yet, but I'm totally into following the series. Just to see where it goes.
    You've got a lot to work with, and if anybody can make something that will totally rock me, all day and all night, it's you guys.

Many thanks for working on this project AT ALL.

• pephoenix

pephoenix

#110912 - 14 years ago

That was quite funny, im betting the next lot will be alot better, keep up the good work!

• Felix82

Felix82

#111488 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

Well I downloaded it and watched it, and well it isnt as good as RVB but it had its moments. I guess I will have to wait as it moves along further to see how it goes. Great idea using the sims though guys.

• DamoHepJay

DamoHepJay

#111562 - 14 years ago

I think the first episode was okay, but it has this sitcom feel that I really don't like in it.
    All you need to add is the fake laughter and you got it.

Still has some great quotes from it as long as you don't pay attention to the mouth movements,

• Tallest

Tallest

#112501 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:
    I like Dr. Chalmers and all but I'm having a hard time with the series. Since the characters aren't controlled directly everything seems a bit awkward. I'm sure I'll get used to it and the lip-synching eventually but it is nowhere near Red vs Blue yet.

I'm sure more character interaction will be in the next installment so I won't sweat it too much. Keep at it you crazy hooligans!

Love Tallest