Forums > The Strangerhood

Episode 1 Comments

Posts (437)

• TheRealBoss

TheRealBoss

#112622 - 14 years ago

It says: The thing is currently offline...wtf now?

• Doja

Doja

#113114 - 14 years ago

In reply to Zoloft, #352:

I really dont know how it gets on ur nerves... maybe you need zoloft. If you have ever played the sims 2 you would know how hard it would be to do what RT Productions is doing. I tried the other night to say Hello my name is.... couldnt figure it out.

• frost

frost

#113147 - 14 years ago

In reply to TheRealBoss, #360:

TTF (THIS the f): http://frostyservant.spymac.net/sh_ep01_lores.zip

Nice work, guys.

• JollyRogue

JollyRogue

#113303 - 14 years ago

Reaction: Light Chuckles.

Thought: A good set-up episode. They established a few characters, a bit of dynamic between them, and built expectations for what they'll do later (probably to establish archetypes on one hand and set us up for surprises on the other).

Another thought: I'd guess this is not going to be episodic set-piece humor (ala "Friends"), but it may borrow some everyday, real-life references when a cheap joke would make a good impact. It seems it'll play more to exploring the odd edges of the simulation and how it warps human behavior for the sake of the spline-reticulated engine and the artifice of the interface (say that three times fast). I'm picturing it unfolding as a soap opera as produced by Rod Serling. A lot of material for this angle -- especially considering everyone has already woken up with amnesia... Or were they just created? Will Neo (Durrrnt) broker a deal between Sally the Gameowner and the blissfully unaware residents of the Strangerhood?

Last thought: Is "Wade" Durrrrnt's real name? What is Durrrrnt short for? Was he mumbling in his sleep? Did Sally the Gameowner have a cat walk across the keyboard as she saved a character?

Lastest thought: I checked my underwear. Apparently, my name is "Hanes."

• Zoloft

Zoloft

#113902 - 14 years ago

In reply to Doja, #361:

Lines dubbed over the same looping mouth movements and recycled body gesture animations are just not easy on the eyes, any professional animator can tell you that.

Now I know what RT does takes a whole lot of work, time and effort, but that doesn't necisarily make something enjoyable. Christina Aguilera puts a whole lot of effort into her singing for example.

• budgie

budgie

#114026 - 14 years ago

I really didn't enjoy this. I honestly hope the humour gets better as the episodes go along, as this one was really crappy for want of a better word. having nobody remember their own name is tedious. Using the same joke for everyone in the episode is tedious. Get your arse in gear RoosterTeeth, you can do better.

• Psycho54

Psycho54

#114059 - 14 years ago

In reply to Zoloft, #364:

Really? She does????

• WildYam

WildYam

#114168 - 14 years ago

Really enjoying the new series. Well done fellas, great concept. I may even come to like this series more than... *gasp* RvB itself. Again, thanks.

• shizknight

shizknight

#115150 - 14 years ago

Well, I found the first episode a little on the boring side, but then character introductions can do that. I agree with some of the other posters here that intend to follow it for a few episodes before making the big watch it or skip it decision. It will probably take a few episodes to settle in to the "new shoes", so to speak. I can definitely see the potential for some seriously funny stuff in the new series.

• kuasu13

kuasu13

#115396 - 14 years ago

wade rules he is the coolest. oh did i say wade I meant dernt.

• Luzdra

Luzdra

#116652 - 14 years ago

In reply to kuasu13, #369:

haha yeah, the dernt thing was really funny. Wade did get on my nerves at the begining (how many times can he possibly use the word man?), but near the end when he actually said something besides a noun, he was quite entertaining. Personally, I thought it was a great introductory episode. Not quite as funny as i would have hoped, but come on, your just being introduced to the characters for a 5 minute (i think 5) episode. Technically, great job guys. I really just hope wade starts using a wider vocabulary soon or i will have to imagine stabbing him in the face with a burning wooden fork.

• Cole_old

Cole_old

#117362 - 14 years ago

In reply to Luzdra, #370:

Well then we now know who is psycho on these forums lol j/k. Great 1st episode guys loved it.

• Dragonlord3

Dragonlord3

#120210 - 14 years ago

In reply to blackdeath87, #11:

Carefull dude don't be so overdramatic. U got a -7 Lame there. Sorry pal.

• armstb3

armstb3

#120343 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

God, I love this site, genius guys, genius. Anticipating every new episode is like Christmas every week.

Hellzzz ya. Keep up the awesome work Rooster Teeth. You guys rock.

• petre

petre

#122674 - 14 years ago

Painful to watch the first time through, but mostly because of Wade. His speech was too inarticulate for me, like he's trying to talk without moving his jaw at all. There was even a pretty bad sound cut in the middle of one of his early scenes. Is it so hard to string two sentences together in one take? And what was that humming in the bed? I could see him humming a tune to a song or something, but just passing time humming random tones?

Overall I wasn't too impressed with the voice acting either. Generally they just didn't seem to quite fit the character. Part of it is trying to fit voices to the movements. RvB has minimal movement, but it's very controlable when it comes to speed and timing. The Sims (2) has more animated movement, but less control. The net result makes it feel like "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" where they try to ad lib dialoge to existing video.

Tovar's accent was a little off, I fear he's going to be just a "dumb forigner" stereotype.

So are they all in the same house, or do they all have their own houses? It didn't seem clear yet. If they're all in the same house, I too am a bit put off by how little contact they seem to have had for all their walking around so far.

The jokes were ok, and for those I'm going to be checking in for future episodes. I know the creative talent is there and I'll be waiting for it to surface in this new venue.

Almost two weeks since the initial posting, and I still had to manually change the file type from .html to .wmv?

The cynical side of me kept picturing this as just EA trying to shill their newest incarnation of a poor concept, ultimately doomed to fail because eventually the team will tire of having their concepts relentlessly shot down by EA defending its Teen rating. So please prove my cynical side wrong!

• Colt45

Colt45 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#122834 - 14 years ago

In reply to budgie, #365:

well, for a first episode, where they need to introduce everyone and set up for the plot, it was good. people just need to settle down and take a chill pill. let rooster teeth do what they do and stop trying to do it for them. no one else knows how they story will unfold, or how RT will do it. so at least wait for a few more episodes before you start slamming the series and it's creators. and even after that, just post that you didn't like (if that) and then stop watching it and stop posting on it, to save us all the trouble of having to read tiresome complaints.

• PaciFIST

PaciFIST

#123754 - 14 years ago

Yeah, the first episode sucked. All the damn hand movemnets and gestures were really annoying. And WHY THE FUCK DO THEY HAVE HUGE ANIME EYES!?!??!!? I HATE ANIME!!!!! Fuck Strangerhood, I'm sticking to RvB where the jokes are funny, and theres action, and an interesting storyline, and original characters.

• PaciFIST

PaciFIST

#123755 - 14 years ago

And Sam acts like he's gay.

• bigburito

bigburito

#123794 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

episode 1 rocked! but where is episode two?

• bigburito

bigburito

#123796 - 14 years ago

In reply to PaciFIST, #376:

I hope u get banned spammer!

• Judeki

Judeki

#124128 - 14 years ago

In reply to bigburito, #378:

FAQ thing.

It'll be done when it's done

episode 2 aint out yet.

• PaciFIST

PaciFIST

#124143 - 14 years ago

In reply to Judeki, #380:

What the fuck are you talking about? How am I spamming?

• petre

petre

#125842 - 14 years ago

In reply to PaciFIST, #381:

Maybe for posting twice in a row. But then so did he. My head hurts.

• Tzenn

Tzenn

#126964 - 14 years ago

I'd have to say that I like RvB much better, but then it is more established. This definitely has potential though

• Kimovsky

Kimovsky

#127486 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tzenn, #383:

Yep - definate potential.. as a newbie to the whole Rooster Teeth Show, I thiough the episode was great - enought to suck me in and get me all Membered up - and that's gotta be worth something. I do think that i will have to see this Red v Blue thing for myself - as I stil dont know what it's all about!
    *goes searching*