• Tadashi

Tadashi

#128404 - 14 years ago

In reply to PaciFIST, #381:

I bet he's drunk. It happens to me all the time

• CorranSec

CorranSec

#128950 - 14 years ago

Well, I really enjoyed Episode 1. The jokes were still pretty funny even though the episode was just meant to serve as a 'hello, here are the characters' kinda thing. I also really like the way the Sims 2 characters 'act,' so to speak... minus the shoddy lip-synching (which to me is easily forgivable), the movements and reactions seem quite like what would be happening in a real sitcom. Cinematography and the like are great too.
    I particularly liked the little touches that probably just came in as part of Sims 2's quirks, like Chalmers' compulsive leg jiggle. Can't wait for the next one.

• BlackDog

BlackDog

#129078 - 14 years ago

Yeah, if you have actually played the Sims 2 you would say that that was a damn good episode. You don't realize how hard it is to make these Sims act sometimes. And the lip syncing was awesome for what they have to work with.

• Joe_Schmo

Joe_Schmo

#129747 - 14 years ago

In reply to BlackDog, #387:

I Agree, the Sims 2 movie feature takes time to learn, it isn't that easy. But it makes me wanna play Sims 2 more =P

• condor1472

condor1472

#129787 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

its all right i prefer RvB though but ill still watch it

• GohBender

GohBender

#130059 - 14 years ago

ya me too i like rvb way better... i think they should concentrate on rvb more than the strangerhood...i say the first episode and i was not too impressed

• Hedder420

Hedder420

#130070 - 14 years ago

In reply to blackdeath87, #2:
    I dunno, I liked it, but it was a little, IDK odd.

• supercatman9

supercatman9

#130256 - 14 years ago

In reply to Hedder420, #391:

i thought it was a pretty good first episode - is that sarge voicing the black guy? thats cool

its really cool to watch and be like "holy shit, this must have taken days to make"

• Colt45

Colt45 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#130559 - 14 years ago

i keep seeing everyone complaining about the first episode. look at the first episode of RvB, yeah it has a few jokes, but there is no plot to it at all, and it only introduces a few of the characters. the first episode of pretty much every show that has ever been has been like this. and for this kind of show, online and animated, it's good, cause they only have about 5 minutes to do the show.

so, in other words, shut up and stop slamming the strangerhood, at the very least until you see some more episodes

• Danath

Danath

#130794 - 14 years ago

In reply to Colt45,#393:

You do have a point there. I was thinking WTF what happened. But it was only the forst episode so ill just have to wait and see where they are going with this.

• BlackDog

BlackDog

#131414 - 14 years ago

I can really see it taking off... there is a lot of creative things you can do with the sims. I think it'll prove you all wrong and it will be rather interesting, and humorous.

• Fritto

Fritto

#131973 - 14 years ago

Everything was great except the Darrrnt thang!

• mamba

mamba

#132237 - 14 years ago

cool episode, didnt make much sense but the 'living room/mailbox hi'' guy made me laugh a lot. Think il have to buy a new harddrive if you make both this and red vs blue... thats not a bad thing btw.

• omnislash

omnislash

#132319 - 14 years ago

it was different from what i've thought - weirder and funnier. it made me laugh non-stop. XD

• ineedsleep

ineedsleep

#132387 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

I really enjoyed watching the first episode, cracked me up the whole time and I am really looking forward to seeing the next one when it is released.

• rogue_pigeon

rogue_pigeon

#132764 - 14 years ago

It's absolutely brilliant. Well done.

When is episode two comming?

• TheWeazel

TheWeazel

#132803 - 14 years ago

it took me 3 tries, because it always stoped when the black guy was thinking 'why am i here in the first place?'

• ethereal87

ethereal87

#134191 - 14 years ago

I felt as lost as the characters in the movie when trying to figure it out, and I can't wait to see where you guys take it!
    -And I liked the philosophical quote at the beginnng."That's a good question man. Who are we? That's something we all have to answer at some point." Sounded similar to another RoosterTeeth production's first episode...

• Inverse

Inverse

#134450 - 14 years ago

Unfortunately, I have not watched enough of the RvB episodes to really compare Strangerhood to it. However, I really like the Sims 2 and I think it was a great funny short movie. I have quite a hard time making my own Sim movies. Besides, it's good to hear the Sims talking in "english" rather than gibberish for a change. I can't wait for Ep 2!

• lord_firefox

lord_firefox

#136430 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

I'm having some real troubles downloading it... Windows Media link just came up with a page of Gobbledegook, I'm trying the DivX one instead.

When that happens just right click the link and chose "Save Target As", that should work.

• lord_firefox

lord_firefox

#136439 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

I liked it, I thought it was hilarious, I especialy like the woman talking to herself in the mirror and the guy walking around pointing his fingers and identifying everything, couldn't stop laughing.

DRNT/Wade (whatever his name is) needs to be funnier though, he came off a little bland at first but he picked up near the end I think.

all around I thought it was pretty darn funny.

• ofrag

ofrag

#143657 - 14 years ago

Well this seems like a whole new obssion for the thime being.
    I like where this project is going.
    ** im still wondering how they control the sim's hand movements and expression...**
    Keep up the good work!

• Reddington

Reddington

#145491 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1: Loved it. i'm going out to get The Sims 2 now. Can't wait for your next Strangerhood episode.

• Cerwinvega

Cerwinvega

#147391 - 14 years ago

good episode i still cant get over all the ppl bitching about the slow downloads
    ITS A BRAND NEW SERIES HALF THE POPULATION OF THE GLOBE IS TRYIN TO DOWNLOAD IT

as it was said b4 it was weird made me smile a few times but i hope it gets better now im waiting for ep3 of RvB

• myshiou

myshiou

#148583 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

Truely a great episode. It had it's own kick of humor and followed through with some interesting characters. Dr. Chalmer's wasn't what I expected, still he is cool, but I pictured him more as the adult man who try to calms everyone down. However that became Sam. Chalmer's acts like Mr. T. XD Oh well, and then seriously, what in the hell is up with that hippy? Wade, I mean. He has the gayest voice in the world. I'm going to gander that he's the Caboose moron? Overall; here are my ratings.

Production(making-how it was done)recieves a 9 out of 10; good job on making the talking look as real as possible. Great job on that one.

Characters(about the people-what they did)recieves a 8 out of 10; I just could not get over Wade's voice! Drops you a point, and another for the talking. Close to real, and good job, just not to the ultimate convincing yet.

Title+Timing(title fitting the episode events-how exactley good was it timed)recieves a 10 out of 10; great name fitting and the timing was perfect. Right after RVB 39, your asking yourself questions, and want to relax. Well, here's episode 1 of Strangerhood.

Core(just how good was it exactley)recieves a 8 out of 10; because of Wade's voice, the near to the ultimate of talk convincing, and no other crucial mistakes. Great first episode guys!

Other(any other things I think of)recieves a 7 out of 10; all thanks to the downloading on that one. I had to wait about a week until I could download that friggin episode! Don't know if it was my compy or just the whole website thing. Still, that really pissed me off. So three points lost, great episode, but next time find better downloading.

Overall(your total score)recieves a B- for 42 out of 50; key mistakes this critic recognized was Wade's voice-near talk convincing-and downloading.

Now I may have been too harsh on Wade's voice. Prehaps you want it to be like that. I'll continue to try to adapt on it. But you pass with an above average episode guys. B- and be proud. Oh, and I hate critics too, but I just had to review this. Sorry!