CronoStrife

#91285 - 14 years ago

In reply to Jennifer, #77:

For a first episode, it be purty good.

• jdman2289

jdman2289

#91287 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #72:

Woah, thanks man. A .wmv that could possibly work.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#91291 - 14 years ago

I think everybody saw the alert at the same time. I usually download things at speeds of more than 300kb/s, and I'm pulling down episode 1 at ...ready for it? 7kb/s.

Burnie, Gus, everyone else at Rooster Teeth, congratulations on coming up with a series with this much anticipation, I salute you. And in an hour or so, when I should be sleeping, I'll laugh along with Griggs.

• Jennifer999

Jennifer999

#91300 - 14 years ago

In reply to CronoStrife, #78:

They left me wanting more, I think that is a good sign.

• SirSharkey

SirSharkey

#91305 - 14 years ago

sadly enough, since i am not at my campus with my t1 connection and am at my house with dial-up, i am currently downloading this episode at.... here it comes... *drumroll*...210 bytes per second.

i might get to see it before i have to leave tomorrow afternoon. If not, i'll see it at school.

• pfresh85

pfresh85

#91308 - 14 years ago

I felt it was a good start to the series and left a lot open for development. Good stuff.

• SirSharkey

SirSharkey

#91310 - 14 years ago

In reply to SirSharkey, #82:

gonna be the longest 9 hours of my life.

maybe sleep could be an option?

• pouringraine

pouringraine

#91320 - 14 years ago

In reply to aiktsu, #74:

Thanks for the mirror.

I liked the episode, they're just introducing the characters. It will get better after all the intros I'm sure. Durnt / Wade was pretty rediculous. Keep up the good work Burnie and crew.

• HMNSHLD

HMNSHLD

#91341 - 14 years ago

I finally got it. It's alright, kinda like the first episode of RvB, where we were all like "haha that's funny, but WTF" My fav character is the guy who points. "Living Room!"

• ecksdee

ecksdee

#91353 - 14 years ago

Well, you know what they say about first impressions...good stuff, I say.
    Definitely an exceptional display of the ability to control more aspects of SiMS now than in the previous version of the game.
    I'm definitely looking forward to wherever they're going with this...and what the hell happens to Tovar's kitchen...

• bLAcKdiE

bLAcKdiE

#91369 - 14 years ago

OMG, Was that H. Jon Benjamin doing the voice of Griggs.......cuz if it was.......I'M GONNA FREAK OUT!!!!!

I LOVE HIM!!!!!! COACH MCGUIRK IS THE GREATEST ANIMATED CHARACTER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    just wondering......

• SirTessa

SirTessa

#91424 - 14 years ago

Duuuuuuuurnt! Duuu--uuu--urnt.

I particularly liked Griggs little scene, it cracked me up.

• aiktsu

aiktsu

#91431 - 14 years ago

In reply to bLAcKdiE, #88:

That's what I said on the last page, heh.

• chibitofu

chibitofu

#91442 - 14 years ago

Once again 56k metaphorically kicks me in the pants

• Sl1p

Sl1p

#91456 - 14 years ago

My initial impressions

- Hopefully it'll wear off on me, but seeing the Sims voiced over with random mouth movements feels a bit funny. Granted, I stopped noticing a few minutes into the episode, but a few cuts really let it hang out there. It doesn't take too much away from the overall production, but it is a bit weird.
    - Catherine's bit was great. I expect hilarity to ensue many times in her presense.
    - "Dur ur ur urnt!" For your average surfer/stoner hybrid character, Durnt is pretty funny.
    - Overall, it's exactly what I expected. A good introduction episode. The fact that [ZOMG SPOILERS] no one knows who or where they are is very..Sims like, and almost serves as a hook to get us all that more interested in following episodes.

Good good stuff.

• Jesusfishman

Jesusfishman

#91468 - 14 years ago

"Hmm... Bedroom! Nice."

Great start, Rooster Teeth!

• ArmachamOwns

ArmachamOwns

#91475 - 14 years ago

Meh

• Tek

Tek

#91494 - 14 years ago

SO... does the episode (quicktime) freeze in the middle for anyone else?

• Namons

Namons

#91514 - 14 years ago

1) Does Durrnt remind anyone of Owen Wilson? <G>
    2) I honestly believe that this is going to be a far more difficult project for Burnie and company to do.
    3) Having one modest zinger in an entire 5 minute episode seems a bit out of character for RT, period. Hopefully this ratio will improve to RvB standards.

So basically I'm giving it a chance but right now it seems like its so wide open that it may take a whole season just to get what we're expecting out of this series. And I don't have to tell anyone that expectations for this series are pretty frickin' high. Good luck Church you'll need it.

• Namons

Namons

#91518 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tek, #95:

The WebDev mirror file was broken. The normal links should be working now.

• 1nF3Rn0

1nF3Rn0

#91520 - 14 years ago

loved it! it rocks

• Namons

Namons

#91529 - 14 years ago

In reply to Namons, #96:

And we need to see more of Nikki. Best voice acting of the bunch. Period. Exclaimation point. End of sentence.

• PhamuraiX

PhamuraiX

#91548 - 14 years ago

So far, it's no RvB, but that's to be expected, its only the first episode.

"This isn't my house...oh well. *chomp chomp chomp*"

WHERES GEOFF?!?!?

Also, I gotta commend Dan for doing a great job with the black guy. I hope its Dan. Man i'd be stupid if that wasnt.

WHERES GUS?!?!?!

I think the two guys were drunk during the taping or something.

Burnie! French guy! You always wanted that part, didn't you?

And i can't say it enough - Nico and Trocadero, AMESOME theme song you composed for the series.

I'm looking forward to what can roll out of this series with unlimited potential.

• djsandman

djsandman

#91559 - 14 years ago

great start to the series....Dr. Chalmers, Drrnt and Griggs were standouts to me...even though Grigg's spot was short the only thing I didn't like about it was the music playing in the middle of the ep....putting the voices together with the sim's random mouth movements is looking good....keep up the good work