Forums > The Strangerhood

Episode 1 Comments

Posts (437)

• Tobias

Tobias

#91562 - 14 years ago

In reply to Namons, #99:

Personally, I thought we didn't get enough from everyone but Sam, Durnt, and Dr. Chalmers, though they all show promise. Dutchmiller is even better than I thought though. Nikki and Catherine, still too early to tell. Tovar and Durnt seem like Caboose and Donut (a little.) Tovar and Griggs only got maybe ten seconds apiece, so don't know bought them, but all in all, it shows real promise.

• DJ_Mio

DJ_Mio

#91565 - 14 years ago

No connection at all. Did bandwith exeeded its limit???

• A10Gecko

A10Gecko FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#91574 - 14 years ago

Pretty Good.

Worth the 15 minute wait I had on my end. Can't really make too many judgements with just a 5+ min episode.

Lip synch actually started out pretty good, then got slightly less crisp as episode moved on. I don't blame RT, I blame however they encoded the episodes. There are some studders, but I'll guarentee that RT will be rid of that crap when they iron out over the next . .oh . . 5 episodes.

Owen Wilson's Character, I mean Durnt/Wade, is pretty amusing. Controls the screen for the funnier moments of this episode.

Sam's character is going to be the only intelligent character in the series from what I gathered. by intelligent I mean overall level headed compared to the other characters. Think Church-like, but not an asshole.

Gruff rocks already, with only 2 lines.

Pointer Dude rocks - "hmmmm . . . Mailbox . . . Fantastic! Hey, Trashcan!"
    Personal favorite character thus far.

Tiera Diva is probably gonna grow on us.

Black Guy (Sorry, don't have trailer on this comp so can't attach names) is funny. The Wizend old guy. "This couch is perfectly rediculous"

Other confused chick (sensing a pattern?) also gonna grow on us.

The name game between Sam and Durnt was pretty funny

Overall I give it a 8. Its that LOW only because its a set-up episode. Loved it RT, keep up the good work.

This is the part where a weaker person would ask about the next episode of Red Vs Blue . . . but i'm above that . . .

::Cough::whendeargodwhen!?::Cough::

Again, great episode RT. I'll conclude my brown nosing . .. now.

• CommaToes

CommaToes

#91594 - 14 years ago

I think the whole Ducthmiller part was funny. The first part with Sam and Wade (Durnt?) in the bed made me laugh.

I gotta admit, I didn't know how the guys were going to handle going from a "easily" actable environment, where no lip sync was needed to a free will environment with mouths moving. They did an excellent job, and are only going to get better as the series goes on.

Oh, and Griggs should beat someone up soon... he looks the type.

• dark54555

dark54555 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#91615 - 14 years ago

In reply to ArmachamOwns, #94:

Meh

i'm going to have to echo the meh, but maybe it was just the first episode. i'll withhold final judgement for another few episodes, though.

• edbirdicus

edbirdicus

#91621 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:

You should release the episodes using BitTorrent that way you wouldn't have so many problems with Bandwidth. Just a thought.

Edbird..

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#91624 - 14 years ago

Bah, I lost my connection to the Divx file. Now I have to start from scratch. On the bright side, though, it's coming down much faster from webdev.o1.com than it was from files.strangerhood.com; in fact in the time it's taken me to type this I've alreayd pulled down 27% of it. I guess I'll be watching it soon. Has anyone given an official thank you to the kind people at webdev.o1.com for helping bear the load of Rooster Teeth downloads? We should.

• homegaman

homegaman

#91634 - 14 years ago

I thought the script wasnt as good as RvB but I know it will get better as it progresses. So....yay!!!

• A10Gecko

A10Gecko FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#91651 - 14 years ago

In reply to homegaman, #109:

Ever read the script for RvB episode 1? Not too much there, but still mildly amusing and now kicks so much ass as to be inducted in the kick ass hall of fame.

• CovertLady83

CovertLady83 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#91670 - 14 years ago

Yay! I finally got it. ^.^

Anyway, the first part Wade/Durnt and Sam in bed together was deffinately the the funniest part in my opinion. Griggs and Dr. Clalmers had funny bits as well. I liked Dr. Chalmers "I'm gonna go crazy sitting on this couch." line. The other character I didn't get enough of to decide if I'll like them yet or not. Wade and Sam are probably my favorite characters so far though. I'm looking for the next episode where hopefully some of the questions from episode one will be answered.

Mostly I wanna say thanks to the RT guys for all the work they are putting into this. Keep up the good work. ^.~*

• zstyle

zstyle

#91685 - 14 years ago

Not Bad, not bad at all. Keep It Up :-)

Z

• Nitron_F117

Nitron_F117

#91695 - 14 years ago

Okay, so I downloaded it once. and both the audio and video cut out at about 2:00.

Im downloading it again.

• Tyigra

Tyigra

#91696 - 14 years ago

I have a question: what is it that the two camera-sims say at the very end, before it says "Made with Sims 2"? Is it just gibberish? For the life of me I can't figure out what they say.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#91706 - 14 years ago

Alright, first impressions... at 2am... this should be good

The disjointed lip-sync sort of threw me off. It was a little like watching a dubbed Japanese film, except since I knew it was filmed in English I wasn't really able to make the adjustment.

Bathroom! Living Room! Dining Room! I have no idea where I am! That guy has to stay, I was cracking up from his enthusiasm. He was really excited to wander around, even though he had no earthly idea where he was.

Drrrnt is great. Drrrnt is fun. Drrrnt is going to end up being a rocket scientist, just you wait. And you'll all stand in awe at my precognition when it actually happens... and I'll be frightened.

I think Sam will end up being the Simmons of the show. He seems to have that straight-man quality to him.

Those are the things about the show I felt the most noteworthy, though I'll probably watch it again in the morning and find something entirely different. Like it was actually in broken Spanish or something.

• chaosdax

chaosdax

#91722 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #115:

Wow, precognition, huh? Didn't know you were a naked geneticalliy mutated person in a Tom Cruise movie.

::Chaosdax realizes he's a true movie nerd and runs away in shame::

• KuKuBlue

KuKuBlue

#91724 - 14 years ago

It took about 3 mins to connect but an estimated download time of 4 mins, this calls for some Queen greatest hits.

So I guess RedvsBlue and Strangerhood will be switching every week then?

• Apri

Apri

#91730 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tek, #95:

SO... does the episode (quicktime) freeze in the middle for anyone else?

It did for me. But then I downloaded from someone else and all was good. I was going to be a very sad person.

• chaosdax

chaosdax

#91738 - 14 years ago

In reply to KuKuBlue, #117:

The high angle shot of Griggs was kinda reminiscent of a scene in American Beauty...found that kind of interesting and wondering how intentional it was...

Far as the rest of the episode goes - truly interesting stuff. Nice overall introduction to everyone. This is a definite 180 on what was done with Rvb, and I'm interested to see how a Sims sitcom works out.

Could work out to be some hilarious stuff!

• vegettoson10

vegettoson10

#91800 - 14 years ago

That is a really weird episode. Not as funny as I thought it would be. I guess it starts slow when it's just begining.

• Kamakura

Kamakura

#91875 - 14 years ago

In reply to vegettoson10, #121:

yeah i really hope it gets better cause this episode was really bad...I mean I think its awesome what you can do with Sims 2, but this episode was too boring...The only thing that was funny was the guy in the suit walking around...only thing that made me laugh...

• OriginalName

OriginalName

#91889 - 14 years ago

In reply to vegettoson10, #121:

After watching it a couple of times, I saw the jokes more clearly. I liked the allusion back to RvB with an abstract question:
    RvB started with Simmons asking "Ever wonder why we are here?" To which Grif replies "That's one of life's great mysteries isn't it? Why are we here?"

SH started the same way with Sam saying, "What are you doing in my bed. Who are you?" To which Wade says, "That's a good question man, who are we?"

And in regards to the comment that it wasn't very funny, a lot of the jokes were subtle - but there nonetheless. Plus this was also the episode to introduce the exposition and set up the plot. As Burnie says on the RvB DVDs, it is hard to do the exposition because (he feels) it isn't really where the laughs come from. (But don't quote me on this).

The funniest thing was probably the talk about parents. When Dr. Chalmers said, "People have parents regardless of their age. I, myself, have two," I almost died laughing.

• Hoju

Hoju

#91894 - 14 years ago

It was interesting, I wasn't expecting this to be much of a sidesplitter, but just to set the premise and the characters and such. I liked how it had the philosophical question "who are we" similar to the first episode of Red vs. Blue, kind of a funny way to link the two series.

Dutchmiller is definitely the best character so far, a lot like I thought he'd be like. Heeeyyyyyy mailbox.

Dr. Chalmers is pretty good, nothing like an angry black guy in a comedy

Wade/Drrrnt seems a bit over the top, but he was still funny.

I was expecting Griggs to be more hostile, but there's still time

The rest weren't introduced much, so not much to say

Can't wait for more episodes tho and more interaction between characters, that's when it will get good. The video itself was well done, good job guys.

• Leus

Leus

#91942 - 14 years ago

At first, I thought this sucked. But then I watched it again, and it managed to instantly grow on me. Before the show, Dutchmiller was my favourite character. Now, he's my second. Dr. Chalmers is currently number one on my list. He owns. I can't wait to see more. Thanks, Rooster Teeth.

• Mihoshi_2004

Mihoshi_2004

#91949 - 14 years ago

I only got 7.2kb/sec.

But all good things come to those who wait.

• thescarred77

thescarred77

#91952 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #1:
    It'll be interesting to see where it goes, but as far as first ep, I guess it was ok.