Forums > The Strangerhood

EA Sponsor

Posts (13)

• pouringraine

pouringraine

#112389 - 14 years ago

Just the first episode made me want to buy The Sims 2. I think EA should give Burnie and crew lots of free stuff for the promoting of the product. If they aren't already.

<dutchmiller>Free stuff, fantastic!</dutchmiller>

• pfresh85

pfresh85

#112674 - 14 years ago

I agree. Seeing the trailer and the first episode made me want to buy and play Sims 2. Too bad I don't have a PC capable of playing it currently.

• pouringraine

pouringraine

#113923 - 14 years ago

In reply to hobbie, #2:

I doubt a company would put RvB on the payroll, but you never know.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#114430 - 14 years ago

In reply to pouringraine, #4:

So you're saying you'd expect them to approach Burnie and say "Hey, do you want to make another series just for us? By the way, we won't pay you anything for it." I'm pretty sure they're getting money for their efforts, but just like the deal with Microsoft they're not allowed to disclose how much they're getting.

• BobaDeath

BobaDeath

#115299 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #5:

Yea, it makes sense, hard to see them not giving some, but of course they'll keep it quiet

• takeit

takeit

#115917 - 14 years ago

In reply to pouringraine, #1:

Uh, EA asked them to do a series, I am sure they are getting something.

• Tallest

Tallest

#116568 - 14 years ago

I owned the Sims 2 and found out that Rooster Teeth was doing the Strangerhood while downloading some skins for the game. Get the game if you even remotely enjoyed the first one.

Since they are being advertised as part of the Sims2 web page you know they're getting compensated. Don't bother asking how much or worry about it. You'll never find out.

• Atlas4

Atlas4

#117026 - 14 years ago

Yea, I was in target the other day, walked by the electronics section, and I heard Sarge's voice. RvB has ads for the Xbox now. Somethin about Topspin and Anna Kournikova. Bringin in da benjamins, I'd say.

• Eargasim

Eargasim

#117185 - 14 years ago

In reply to Atlas4, #10:

Haha ya i saw that when i walked into a futureshop and freaked out and the sells clerk wanted to know why i was so excited by a advertisement. Anyone know wanna the next strangerhood will be out?

• takeit

takeit

#117490 - 14 years ago

In reply to Eargasim, #11:

boy you really shouldn't have asked that, here come all the people who ruin this thread by saying to stop ask. Well I would like to attempt to right now, forget about the question and kee going, you aren't helping. I know this is completely hypocritical so don't bother mentioning that either. I get it.

• rusty12000

rusty12000

#119077 - 14 years ago

i was thinking the same thing. i'm buying a bran spanking new computer soon, and i will probably by Sims 2. because after watching SH it makes me want to make my own video.

EA demand you give Rooster teeth money XD

• zippa

zippa

#119807 - 14 years ago

In reply to rusty12000, #13:

better make sure you have a good pc. I record and it runs slow on mine... also, don't expect to distribute your video. EA isn't giving out the rights to anyone.

if you wanna try go to

permissionsrequest@ea.com

• Tallest

Tallest

#122583 - 14 years ago

In reply to Atlas4, #10:

Yea, I was in target the other day, walked by the electronics section, and I heard Sarge's voice. RvB has ads for the Xbox now. Somethin about Topspin and Anna Kournikova. Bringin in da benjamins, I'd say.

Man people are slow to find out about this. I know we're all hermits living in caves and avoiding the light but I say the RvB ads at the XBox kiosks over spring break last year. I've since seen them every time I got to a game/electronics store that has an XBox. Get out more dude.