Forums > The Strangerhood

Did anyone notice?

Posts (25)

• Firebird

Firebird

#121060 - 14 years ago

If you get the Sims 2, there is a painting called Red vs. Blue. If you watch the scene where Sam and Wade (or Duuurrnt.. hmm.. maybe more syllables) are on the porch, you will see a painting inside. It is a painting of a woman with red hair. That painting is called Red vs Blue. I think it's a painting of Tex.

• aiktsu

aiktsu

#121360 - 14 years ago

In reply to Firebird, #1:

No, it's not.

• HollowDog

HollowDog

#121772 - 14 years ago

After you mentioned it I checked the videos again and found that painting shows up a couple times actually. It's in Dr. Chalmers' house in Episode 01, and it might very well be behind Nikki in the Intro (hard to tell, it's clipped off). Whether or not it's supposed to be Tex, well, who knows? But the RT guys must like it for one reason or another.

• DamoHepJay

DamoHepJay

#121828 - 14 years ago

In reply to HollowDog, #5:
    I think it's name would be the reason behind it being picked.

But why would EA games who are the maker of the Sims 2 (for those that live under a rock or somewhere similiar) put a picture of Tex in the game.

• frodobaggins

frodobaggins

#121841 - 14 years ago

In reply to DamoHepJay, #6:

you never know.... maybe someone somewhere in the vast expanse of the development team for the sims 2 thought it would be funny to slide in tex somehow..... i dunno... i havent seen the thing, so i cant make a sound judgement on it

• GuitarSlave

GuitarSlave

#121884 - 14 years ago

yeah, i seen it to, but how do you know that name of the painting?

• frodobaggins

frodobaggins

#121894 - 14 years ago

In reply to GuitarSlave, #8:

i'm guessing that you can find it when youre purchasing it..... or at least thats how it worked in sims 1.... when you bought the stuff it gave you the name of what it was, plus a little description of it....

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#122444 - 14 years ago

In reply to frodobaggins, #7:

In reply to DamoHepJay, #6:

you never know.... maybe someone somewhere in the vast expanse of the development team for the sims 2 thought it would be funny to slide in tex somehow..... i dunno... i havent seen the thing, so i cant make a sound judgement on it

Are you trying to be dirty?

Oh, and since Hobbie wasn't actually saying anything mean or hurtful, I modded him back up. I guess I'm the only one who noticed his post was dripping with sarcasm... stained my shoe.

• GuitarSlave

GuitarSlave

#124076 - 14 years ago

yeah, hobbie seem to be a negative karma target, and most of the time i dont feel he deserves it

• Washu

Washu

#125120 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #10:

Oh come on, who doesn't want to slide in Tex?

• frodobaggins

frodobaggins

#125258 - 14 years ago

good gravy..... i think its you people that have the dirty minds... all i was saying is that it would be funny if some programmer was a RvB fan and put a small something in the game that only true fans would notice...

• KarbonPhyber

KarbonPhyber

#125424 - 14 years ago

dude, i think most people would kill to slide in Tex...well, they would have when she was alive. now that she's a ghost possessing a robot, i think i'll leave her to her own devices...no pun intended (well, maybe just a little)

• glyphdesigns

glyphdesigns

#127788 - 14 years ago

could be possible, custom paintings CAN be made, quite simple really, when your sim can paint "Still Life" on the easel, attempt it and when it asks you to take a picture of where and what you want the sim to paint, it'll create a dumped TEMP file in the directory "My Documents\EA\Sims2\Storytelling\Snapshot.bmp" somewhere, just swap it with another and viola! Custom painting!

http://www.avault.com/cheats_new/cheat_temp.asp?source=sims2&type=ht1
    That site should have more detailed instructions on how to accomplish this.

• Tadashi

Tadashi

#128357 - 14 years ago

In reply to KarbonPhyber, #15:

Hey! We are all desperate... And maybe Tex is a ghost... She maybe a dead ghost... But she is still a freaking girl!

• Tadashi

Tadashi

#128358 - 14 years ago

In reply to KarbonPhyber, #15:

Hey! We are all desperate... And maybe Tex is a ghost... She maybe a dead ghost... But she is still a freaking girl!

• Tadashi

Tadashi

#128409 - 14 years ago

Oh yah... One more thing.... I hate people that spam

• hazard4real

hazard4real

#128412 - 14 years ago

In reply to frodobaggins, #9:

Ok...I saw the painting of the red haired woman (in the house when Sam and Wade are talking on porch...I remember looking at RvB fan art of Tex...AND SHE HAD RED HAIR!!!!!!!

And oh yeah, I'd very much like to slide in Tex

• shenmuey13

shenmuey13

#131301 - 14 years ago

Well games do that all the time. Like splinter cell they had Rayman 3 posers all over. They must have told them about the project and put in something for them easter egg!

• Firebird

Firebird

#132724 - 14 years ago

In reply to shenmuey13, #21:

It seems one of the Maxis programmers thought RvB funny.

DUH!!

• JonoTimesTwo

JonoTimesTwo

#133535 - 14 years ago

Im gonna go into the game and look at it. Also thanks for this great new series.

• Inverse

Inverse

#134617 - 14 years ago

I took an in-game picture (.jpeg file) of it. However, I don't know how to post it...

• Inverse

Inverse

#134739 - 14 years ago

I don't know if it'll show up but here it goes. (i might put it on my member page if it doesn't work here):

File does not exist.

• efilon

efilon

#134765 - 14 years ago

Hey "[i]DUDE[/i]" it's like so "COOL MAN" TEX IS LIKE SO "HOT" ....... WHAT A HOBO do you spend forever just watching it for the sake of finding a conversation point

• Maidenfine

Maidenfine

#136111 - 14 years ago

I don't have the Sims 2 but I do have the Sims for PS2 and that picture is in that version too. And I hate to burst all your bubbles but I think the name is probably a coincidence. The chick's hair is red and the background is blue. But I'm also a complete pessimist so I could be wrong.

• homegaman

homegaman

#136159 - 14 years ago

In reply to Maidenfine, #27:

well even though it is likely a complete coincidence I still think its cool. Also it is also pretty weird that if you saw who was really under that mask this would be definate possibility.