Forums > The Strangerhood

Strangerhood not as funny as RvB?

Posts (34)

• xfreak

xfreak

#121115 - 14 years ago

Does anyone else think that Strangerhood will be less funny than RvB?

• Day

Day

#121141 - 14 years ago

In reply to xfreak, #1:
    I think it's yet too early to make an assessment. We all know the characters of RvB already. There are established conventions and running jokes. It's like hanging out with old friends.

We're just meeting the Strangerhood's cast. It's hard to say how much we'll like them.

I definately think that the humor will be of a different flavor. I sense that the Strangerhood will be more subtle with less "creative cussing" jokes (not to diss creative cussing, but you see my point, I hope).

But speculation aside, we'll just have to wait and see for a few episodes.

->Day<-
    ------------------------------
    "You're being very un-Dude."
    -The Big Lebowski

• jdman2289

jdman2289

#121144 - 14 years ago

In reply to xfreak, #1:

No. It will just have different humor. And from what I hear, it's not going to be plot driven, so the episodes really don't have to continue a plot, but just make a plot good.

• Varsh1138

Varsh1138 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 3D Games artist guy

#121349 - 14 years ago

In reply to Day, #2:

In reply to xfreak, #1:
    I think it's yet too early to make an assessment. We all know the characters of RvB already. There are established conventions and running jokes. It's like hanging out with old friends.

We're just meeting the Strangerhood's cast. It's hard to say how much we'll like them.

I definately think that the humor will be of a different flavor. I sense that the Strangerhood will be more subtle with less "creative cussing" jokes (not to diss creative cussing, but you see my point, I hope).

But speculation aside, we'll just have to wait and see for a few episodes.

->Day<-
    ------------------------------
    "You're being very un-Dude."
    -The Big Lebowski

I'd have to agree with ya on that.

• PremierAudio

PremierAudio

#121589 - 14 years ago

one thing i must say though.....

Remember back, wayyyy way back to when you first saw Episode 1 of RvB. Or like yesterday if you're new, it don't matter. What matters is that Episode 1 cracked me up. They didn't bother with story or anything, in fact, the only stuff you needed to know fit very subtly into the dialog. Strangerhood was blatantly obvious with its humor and so far has only had a line or two that's worth remembering. Obviously their going a new direction with this, and since it's only episode 1 and they're using Sims2, there's a whole new world out their for them to explore. I just think that they shouldn't have focused as much on the random people in sparatic scenes, because while it's the concept and the visuals that pull people in, it's the dialog that'll keep them coming back.

so, answering the overall post question, the Strangerhood is NOT as funny as RvB

yet...

• HaloPenguin

HaloPenguin

#124341 - 14 years ago

In reply to xfreak, #1:

After watching the first episode, I can not say that it will be as good as RvB, but I can't tell from one episode

• MrSuborbian8

MrSuborbian8

#124644 - 14 years ago

Did the way they talk bother anyone else, in halo they can kind of control the way they move their heads, but in this the mouthing and the talking just don't sync up. It really bugs me. But that's probably just me. And Red Vs Blue has the advantage, its HALO, one of the greatest games of all time. Of course the sims is also a very popular game. But still HALO come on. Nothing competes with halo.

• Kerrang

Kerrang

#124766 - 14 years ago

In reply to MrSuborbian8, #8:

I was actually kind of impressed with how the voices did sync up with their lips to some degree. Given the nature of the Sims I was surprised that it wasn't more like a badly dubbed Kung Fu flick.

To get on topic though, the humor is definately going to be quite a bit different than what we are used to from RvB. I think alot of RvB fans are going to hate it, but I also think it is going to draw in people who don't really go in for the kind of sophomoric humor found in RvB. A few of the people I turned on to RvB didn't really get into it at first either, but then again they were usually starting on whatever episode was available at the time, and several of the episodes need to be viewed in the context of the entire series to be appreciated.

• Ludzig

Ludzig

#124885 - 14 years ago

I think the Strangerhold is quite promising. I hope it is more Plot driving. Once the characters start meeting up, like Sam and Nikki, or... the others... it will get better.

Episode one is setting up the plot, of "Hey, where are we?"

I'm sure that two will be more "Who else is here?"

Three, will be "Might as well have some fun..."

And so on and so forth. IMO of couse.

• juggalo_kyle

juggalo_kyle

#124948 - 14 years ago

In reply to xfreak, #1:

the stranger hood is funny. i think it all comes down to either wade or dutchmiller as being the caboose of the strangerhood. but my fav character remains dutchmiller (for the 10 seconds he was filmed, it was the best part)

• Washu

Washu

#125113 - 14 years ago

So far?
    It's doing for me the same as RvB did when I first saw it.
    So it looks promising.
    From what I've seen, it seems on a par with early RvB. Which can only be a good thing.

• xfreak

xfreak

#126609 - 14 years ago

In reply to Washu, #12:

everyone is talking about how its only the first episode but i noe im not the only one who got hooked on RvB after the first episode. The Strangerhood just doesnt seem to be having that same kind of affect on me. Am i the only one who thinks this or no?

• JohnnyNacho

JohnnyNacho

#126640 - 14 years ago

In reply to xfreak, #1:

I think its good for them to branch out and try to grab a larger fan base. It is a move that could lead to further monetary success that will allow them to continue to make RVB and to me thats all that really matters, and it would be nice for the rooster teath team to get some cha ching. They desreve it.
    As for is it funnier, it is too soon to tell.
    I like the concept ,but I like the "creative cursing" of RVB more. I think I always will.
    From the very first dialoge I was hooked on RVB!

• Dexeh

Dexeh

#131181 - 14 years ago

In reply to xfreak, #1:

Dude, after RvB being so awsome on their first try I think The Strangerhood is gonna be sweet! It has huge potential!

• shenmuey13

shenmuey13

#131253 - 14 years ago

This will be funny!

Wade or whatever is very funny. The old man seems to be a pain in the ass.

• deathbyoi

deathbyoi

#131438 - 14 years ago

In reply to hobbie, #4:

In reply to xfreak, #1:

Give it time.

everyone listen to hobbie.

now i didn't think "why are you here?" was as funny as "why are we here?" but as was said before, this is different humor. RvB is military/gamer humor. SH is reality tv humor. you probably have to have seen a few different reality tv shows to get the humor.

i must say that grigg's scene cracked me up quite a bit.

• ScwB

ScwB

#131758 - 14 years ago

In reply to deathbyoi, #17:

The first episode didn't really do it for me. I didn't laugh at all.. and I was a bit annoyed by the constant moving of the characters as they spoke.. arms flailing here, head moving there. For RvB, I loved every second of it right from the start. I'm still gonna give it a chance and watch more episodes as they come out, but I'm a bit doubtful as to whether it'll match up to RvB. Of course, that's just my opinion, and others may think strangerhood is hilarious.

So basically, for my part, I'll have to wait and see...

• shenmuey13

shenmuey13

#132498 - 14 years ago

Will all just have to wait and see!

Maybe ep 2 will be even more funny.

• scottix

scottix

#134381 - 14 years ago

My frist impression on the Strangerhood was a sitcom. Like Friends for example. Not a continuance of a story at all. When I saw the first episode I wasn't to enthralled with the topic. The why are we here? It is very cliched.

I know RvB had this topic in the first episode, but instead of babble on forever they made fun of it. For example talking about why they are in a canyon with a red base and a blue base, that type of idea was hiliarious because i never thought of it that way.

In stangerhood they just had random people people come up and ask why they were here woohoo no not really. I remember creating a lil video with lego guys asking why they were there...It was so lame.

Unless they kick up the script with some more interesting stories I think it will be lame.

• RedCommand

RedCommand

#134531 - 14 years ago

They need to like photoshop in RvB stuff or have a RvB skin. that would be cool..... im just being a Dork now huhh

• nickster618

nickster618

#135289 - 14 years ago

In reply to Day, #2:

I'd definitely have to agree. For example som of the episodes in the middle of season 2 were a little below the RvB line but I believe it was still damn funny and then it rose up. (by not being as funny I mean that red vs blue set the bar pretty damn high and if they fail to meet it in my mind the who the fuck cares it' still fuckin funny) I think once they get this series going though it will be just as funny

• miffymike127

miffymike127

#135668 - 14 years ago

In reply to Day, #2:

i agree....its way too early to judge
    RVB didnt make that much sense either in its first couple episodes bot now its awesome

give it time it wil ge better

• RageOfLove

RageOfLove

#135944 - 14 years ago

In reply to xfreak, #1:

We can't really base this on one episode, i think that they will have a lot more to use considering custom characters and things like pets, house hold objects etc are all on offer, it offers to be a great looking series, but only if the scripts are cool! But they have everything they need to make it better, apart from the whole kinda haloness about RvB!

• nuggets

nuggets

#136985 - 14 years ago

i think wade will give caboose a run for his money and the black guy reminds me of sarge

• Colt45

Colt45 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#137170 - 14 years ago

In reply to scottix, #20:

they had "why are you here" as the title because it's (and i know that pretty much everyone knows this, but bare with me) the title of the first RvB episode, and RT treated it like an inside joke, they might do the same if they end up making other shows with other games, who knows?

and i think one of the reasons why RvB took off so quickly was because it was made with Halo. which is one of the biggest and most popular games made. so people loved Halo, and then RT turned Halo into a series, so everyone loved Halo, because of the game itself, and also because RT did it very well. the Sims isn't that popular of a game, so it will probably take more work to make it popular.

but none of us can tell for sure until we've seen more episodes, which i hope will be coming out soon.