Forums > The Strangerhood

Strangerhood not as funny as RvB?

Posts (34)

• Skythe

Skythe

#137388 - 14 years ago

You can't say the sims isn't a very popular game when it's actually one of the biggest selling games of all time...

But I don't think the strangerhood will be as funny as RvB purely because one of the main funny things about RvB, for me at least, is that you don't expect a series about them... you turn on your xbox and the cyborgs kill each other... The sims is actually a mini series on your computer already... which means there's a lot more that RT can do, but I don't think it will have the same kind of comedy that RvB has... RvB is funny just in principal, Strangerhood isn't, the scripts will have to make it funny

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#138204 - 14 years ago

In reply to Skythe, #27:

The first time i saw it I was like 'is that it? Where's the humor?'
    But after watching it again and again it got funnier. *or was it because I was so bored that anything was funny? :s*
    Anyway I have to agree with half the world saying 'We'll just have to wait and see.' (I know, not very original)

But overall, what advantages RvsB has to the SH:
    - Halo; great game with not only a great campaign, but also great MP levels and options.
    - Armor: You don't see their heads, so you only can and have to imagine how they look. The advantage of this is that the characters don't make complicated moves, or very normal ones that you don't want on tape.
    - Originality: Of course SH is original too, but RvsB beats it.
    - Common popularity: The Strangerhood just started off, and we're not quite sure what to expect.
    - Just a basic storyline, it's more about the jokes than about the story. Though that is changing.

And otherwise, what advantages SH has to RvsB:
    - Popularity of the creators. Red vs Blue started when nobody knew it, and the SH has RvsB to promote it.
    - Sims 2: Sequel to a great game but kinda without a storyline or MP. Different, but not nessecarily bad.
    - Characters: The characters in SH are detailed and that makes it more real.

Well that's about what I can come up with.

• CarlWinslo

CarlWinslo

#144182 - 14 years ago

I think that there will more visual humor in the strangerhood. With RvB the stories have to be very creative and descriptive using things like dramatic pauses, interesting tones of voice and "creative cussing" to make it funny. With the Strangerhood the physical characteristics, facial features, body movements will be a key part in the jokes. Overall the Strangerhood has the potental to be just as funny as RvB but with a diffrent medium for the jokes.

• Fritto

Fritto

#144754 - 14 years ago

Strangerhood would be much funnier if there would be no REDvsBLUE. We expected too much, but it is still too soon to tell after 1 episode and a trailer.

• DeadHawk44

DeadHawk44

#148047 - 14 years ago

Ho can u judge already, theres only been one episode of Strangerhood and 40 of RvB. Ask this question again once season 1 of Strangerhood has been completed.

• Kitsufox

Kitsufox

#172359 - 14 years ago

In reply to Colt45, #26:

Qouting Colt45: "the Sims isn't that popular of a game, so it will probobly take more work to make it popular."

The Sims 2 Sold 1 Million copies in it's first 10 days on the market. See Here.
    That does not indicate to me a game that is not that popular.

The real diffrence is the type of gamer that buys The Sims 2 vs the sort that buys Halo.
    The sort that buy Halo are already on this site, and used to a certain type of humor. The Stangerhood is a chance for the Roosterteeth team to branch out and do a diffrent sort of series.
    If they didn't grow as Machina Makers, then after RvB ends (and it will someday, as much as no one wants to hear it. Every story ends eventually) Roosterteeth wouldn't have a series left.

I see the Strangerhood as a series that will grow over time, and have much more dynamic character devlopment that RvB. SH will be more character driven, whereas RvB is (though character devlopment does play a role) a much more gag related series.

• A10Gecko

A10Gecko FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#172390 - 14 years ago

A little bird told me the new episode has some VERY funny parts in it. Trust me, You'll enjoy it . . .

• Stalker8

Stalker8

#173239 - 14 years ago

havn't people been over the whole "RvB vs Strangerhood" thing already?

Two different series, two kinds of public, two kinds of humor!

• Konoha

Konoha

#177841 - 14 years ago

In reply to xfreak, #1:

you can't say yet, I mean, they haven't even thought up Caboose's personality till later on after his firs appearance!