Forums > The Strangerhood

Made with Sims 2 video clip...?

Posts (13)

• Keyes

Keyes

#156203 - 14 years ago

Where did rt get the 'made with sim2' video clip?

sorry bout the grammer, thr site's acting up and i havr to type each character 1 at atimne...

• hypersaxon

hypersaxon

#156228 - 14 years ago

In reply to Keyes, #1:

I'm only making a guess here because I haven't played the game myself, but I remember hearing that there's a movie making function that allows you to make movies with The Sims 2. And knowing how EA would be with copyright stuff, they'd put that little clip at the end of any video that was made using their software. I'm not sure if they used the movie making function or if they just took direct video while playing the game, like they do with Halo and RVB. But anyway, that's probably where the little clip came from.

Maybe somebody else who's played the game can answer it a little better than me lol

• Fritto

Fritto

#156270 - 14 years ago

You can get the clip from The Sims 2 official website. I am too lazy to get you a link or anything else.

• BlackDog

BlackDog

#156398 - 14 years ago

In reply to Fritto, #3:

Oooo from the website, I was wondering myself cause I cannot find any movie making software with the game, so yeah, I was wondering where it came from.

• hipatrick

hipatrick

#156719 - 14 years ago

In reply to hypersaxon, #2:

I don't think EA cares too much for copyright, just look at all the usermade videos on their site using copywritten songs.

• KaZuZic

KaZuZic

#157085 - 14 years ago

In reply to Keyes, #1:

i dunno, i noticed that you cant see the bubbles over the characters head for talking, like it normally does in the sims. maybe thats a function for the movie editor, or maybe EA gave them some extra help?

• Keyes

Keyes

#157095 - 14 years ago

It doesn't add that clip on the end of the vid recording function...

and thanks for clearing that up, I found it now. : D

• Varsh1138

Varsh1138 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 3D Games artist guy

#157172 - 14 years ago

Im sure they used that endinc clip from their web site, having the game myself and have made some movies I'd know that that made with the sims 2 thing isnt in there. As for the chat bubbles and such not being their if i remember correctly there might have been an option to take them out when recording. If not them they just digitally edit them out themselves

• hypersaxon

hypersaxon

#159115 - 14 years ago

Like I said, I was just guessing about them adding it automatically. I haven't played the game so I wouldn't actually know myself, I was just making a guess. Although it's kinda odd that they didn't do that, people could easily make Sims 2 movies and try to sell them for profit without something at the end for credit. Of course the guys at Cock Bite - er Rooster Teeth would definitely put that clip somewhere at the end if they decide to make a DVD of Season 1. Which they probably will.

• Mighty_Ack

Mighty_Ack

#164712 - 14 years ago

In reply to KaZuZic, #6:

No it's nothing like that - RT has said before that they wanted to make Strangerhood in the same way that they made RedvsBlue in that anybody could do it. the fanciest thing they've done in respect to the thought bubbles is to lower the camera below the thought height, or slow down segments so that it doesn't show up.

Blackdog - it's called hitting "V" how hard is that? *cough*rtfm*cough*

hypersaxon - I believe they have official endorsement by EA since there was an announcement on the sims 2 website and that clip's pretty tiny anyhow

• Bakkster_Man

Bakkster_Man

#167247 - 14 years ago

In reply to Fritto, #3:

Here's the link. Upper right of the main body of the page.

The link

• NakedPiano

NakedPiano

#168881 - 14 years ago

Sims2 only 'records' the movie clips. You have to have a movie editing program to piece it all together aside from the game. I imagine that the simple Windows Movie Maker that comes default on recent computers would do a little. It wouldn't be the quality of Strangerhood or RvB, but you could at least stick a music video together. ^_^ The RT guys might have something more along the lines of Macromedia Director or the Adobe equiv. I don't know many other programs.

• TheGift

TheGift FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold TheGift73

#170874 - 14 years ago

I think that was a good question as it seems alot of other people didn't know either. So i'm giving you +1 to get rid of the Noob mod some idiot gave you.