Forums > The Strangerhood

Did you notice...

Posts (12)

• BlackDog

BlackDog

#167802 - 14 years ago

I don't know about anyone else but this is bugging the crap outta me. When we were first introduced to Chalmers he looked at the phone and says, "Who would I want to talk to anyway?". THEN, when he's playing chess he says, "I really need someone to talk to."

So at first they made him seem anti-social, kind of a loner type, then he goes off saying he wants someone to talk to. I don't get it.

• thejaxx

thejaxx

#168086 - 14 years ago

In reply to BlackDog, #1:

He's an ol' fogey. Like my g/f, changes the mind.

• Colt45

Colt45 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#168253 - 14 years ago

yeah, i think they did that on purpose, cause throughout most of the episode he contradicted himself, so they might make that the running joke with him

• Zouave

Zouave FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#168880 - 14 years ago

Yeah, anyone who complains ultimately needs somebody to complain to. Even if only to complain about not being alone.

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#169065 - 14 years ago

In reply to Zouave, #4:

Agreed. And maybe he got lonely?

• Stalker8

Stalker8

#169495 - 14 years ago

another thing is that maybe he felt that he didn't need any social life (at first) and then later when he plays chess with himself (god... talk about having nothing to do) he realises that he needs someone to talk to... its not that strange is it?

• dodeedoodeedooo

dodeedoodeedooo

#170447 - 14 years ago

...And besides: That adds to his character! He ends up changing his mind when he finds how bored he is: what's so confusing about that?

• Gryphonvere

Gryphonvere

#171000 - 14 years ago

In reply to ManMcMan, #7:

And then to continue with the contradictions, upon finding Wade and Sam, he talks to them and then brushes them off for not being interesting/intelligent enough to talk to. And so he leaves - I think this will come up a lot...

• dodeedoodeedooo

dodeedoodeedooo

#172319 - 14 years ago

In reply to Gryphonvere, #8:

Ha! I didnt even notice that! Woah...

• Gryphonvere

Gryphonvere

#172327 - 14 years ago

In reply to ManMcMan, #9:

I only realized it upon reading this thread... =P

• dodeedoodeedooo

dodeedoodeedooo

#174003 - 14 years ago

In reply to Gryphonvere, #10:

well, now I dont feel like an idiot...(no more than usual, that is)

• ToolPackinMa

ToolPackinMa

#175952 - 14 years ago

I don't know about anyone else but this is bugging the crap outta me. When we were first introduced to Chalmers he looked at the phone and says, "Who would I want to talk to anyway?". THEN, when he's playing chess he says, "I really need someone to talk to."

So at first they made him seem anti-social, kind of a loner type, then he goes off saying he wants someone to talk to. I don't get it.

Just cos he needs to talk to somebody doesn't mean he wants to. He goes in search of information. When Sam and Wade prove to be devoid of knowlege, he runs out of patience with them