Forums > The Strangerhood

What the Heck was That?

Posts (27)

• Maidenfine

Maidenfine

#175996 - 14 years ago

Okay, I'm just going to say it. I was totally freaked out by episode 2. Begin negative modding. . .

Now.

And on another note, I seriously was freaked out. I have no idea what I was expecting but a talking alien TV and a creepy laugh track was not it. And I noticed what seemed to be to be a couple slight character inconsistencies. But that's more my issue that the episode's. I didn't create the characters so I can't really say that they're inconsistent, especially when I'm going off of 10 minutes of plot and a trailer. Anyway. I'm going to give myself a day and a chance to sleep and then I'll watch both episodes again and see if it's less creepy then.

And I hope Wade died.

• Opilate

Opilate

#176099 - 14 years ago

In reply to Maidenfine, #1:

Have to say I thought it was pretty awful. The synth laughter/ooh sounds completely killed it for me, along with the characters' interaction being really quite bland. Just..not funny. At all. Shame considering I loved the first episode.

• m1a127

m1a127

#176136 - 14 years ago

I liked episode 2. I saw it as a vast improvement over the first.

I'm going to go ahead and step on the all too obvious limb here and say that whatever power moved them to "The Strangerhood" is using them to make a reality show.

• Bullfrog117

Bullfrog117

#176180 - 14 years ago

In reply to m1a127, #3:

i enjoyed episode 2 as well...i just wonder where they are going with this

the reality show concept is intriguing...but who are the masterminds behind this flawed reality show?

is it Vic? or just your standard alien psychopaths...

can't wait to see more...

• Sucineri

Sucineri

#176366 - 14 years ago

This is my first post (I think)..but I have to say that I really do like the premise of the show..but I have to agree about the whole laughtrack thing..those always ruin in for me.

So basically I hope the laughtrack was only for this episode, otherwise I won't be tuning in anymore.

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#176400 - 14 years ago

In reply to Bullfrog117, #4:

Wait just a second... VIC? I hadn't thought of that! That would make an interesting turn though, with the Red and Blue teams warped into the future and past (and ancient future and ancient past maybe) and Vic transfered to the Sims 2. Imagine his feelings... =P
    Anyway I found ep 2 hilarious. I'm kinda opposed to realityshows so this is the perfect parody. Mhuahahaha...
    And btw, watch your language son.

• Chessrook44

Chessrook44

#176465 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mithhuanion, #6:

Fox has gotten to the Sims! It's another reality show! AAAAAAAUUUUUUggggghhhhh......

• Minkles

Minkles

#176715 - 14 years ago

Yeah, a talking alien TV was probably the last thing I was expecting too, but that episode was hilarious. The only character that annoyed me was Tovar. Just lame attempts to be funny. "I'm a foreigner! I'm so stupid! Ha ha!" We still have yet to see Nikki or Catherine do anything funny, but they probably will.

• jj48

jj48 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#176730 - 14 years ago

In reply to Minkles, #8:

Tovar is a stupid foreigner because, as the voice pointed out, everyone is an "assorted stereotype". Sad to say, but many Americans do consider foreigners as if they were from another planet, and therefore, clueless. I actually knew a German student who told me that people have actually asked him if they have trees in Germany. So to any foreigners out there, I don't think the guys at RT were trying to make fun of you, I think they were making fun of how Americans view others.

On a side note, the stereotypical white American is one who judges others by irrational stereotypes.

• Microbe

Microbe

#176825 - 14 years ago

You know I don't like how they are making RvB motif's

SH Episode 1 "Who are we? man?"-Wade
    Rvb Episode 1 "Why are we here?" -Simmons

SH Episode 2 "Some one will die after this ep will be over" -Tvguy
    RvB Episode...the ep where simmons said, "On the next ep of RvB Someone will die!"

I think they should be separate and not converge the two. In any case, I think Christine should die. She seems to be a horrible character. Wade and Griggs remind me of a Caboose and Sarge... I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

• Maidenfine

Maidenfine

#177066 - 14 years ago

In reply to Microbe, #10:

Do you mean Catharine? Cause there isn't a Christine but I think Catharine is the name of the tiara chick.

• MatadorBID

MatadorBID

#177071 - 14 years ago

Is this new series funny or not? I can't tell.

• JCoit

JCoit

#177097 - 14 years ago

In reply to MatadorBID, #12:

I love it.. this new episode made it funny. it wasnt funny until i saw ep2

• Ralin

Ralin

#177299 - 14 years ago

My only problem was the laugh track stuff -- that really got on my nerves. I liked the idea of the creepy talking TV, up to a point. I think the episode was really good straight up through the line about not having food and water anymore. After that, I dunno.

• Crash24

Crash24

#177397 - 14 years ago

My verdict:

Alien T.V. - Funny
    Laugh track - So cheesy it was bordering on creepy. It would have been funny if it was used once - if at all.

• ainira

ainira

#178002 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mithhuanion, #6:

Not Vic. It's O'Malley of course. After all, didn't he want to take over the universe? ;-)

"Now I make my escape with my metallic hostage, never to be seen again! Unless I want to be seen. In which case, if I see you before you see me... Look out! The Universe will be mine!" -- O'Malley

• Edmund

Edmund

#178028 - 14 years ago

In reply to Crash24, #15:

My verdict:

Alien T.V. - Funny
    Laugh track - So cheesy it was bordering on creepy. It would have been funny if it was used once - if at all.

Well, the laugh track was meant to be creeping the characters out, so if you were creeped too, mission accomplished.

• TheBrit

TheBrit

#178110 - 14 years ago

In reply to Edmund, #17:

Burni commented that the laughter track will be a 'feature' of upcomming episodes. Shame :(

• jj48

jj48 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#178258 - 14 years ago

In reply to TheBrit, #18:

It might not be that bad, it depends on how they work it in. It's still early in the series, let's all just give them another couple of episodes before we all start giving up on the Strangerhood.

Personally, I liked it, but that's just me.

• SmackleFunki

SmackleFunki

#178283 - 14 years ago

My vote is that, instead of them being in a reality tv show, they are characters in a sim game, and the voice is the "player" :). My guess from the "I control all that you do"... or whatever it was.

• Maidenfine

Maidenfine

#178339 - 14 years ago

Okay. It's better when I'm not half asleep. And I definitely think the alien TV thing is the player.So basically, I'm thinking the idea is that they don't remember anything because they were just created. So they don't actually have a past. And until the TV spoke up, they've just been taking care of themselves. But the TV (player) is going to start exercising control and making them do things.

At least that's what I got from it. Like I said, better when I'm not half asleep.

• andyroyd

andyroyd

#178393 - 14 years ago

In reply to Maidenfine, #21:

The TV seems to have a little more power than the everage Sims2 player though, unless I just haven't found the "play with peanut butter" command yet.

• ShadowDemon

ShadowDemon

#179511 - 14 years ago

In reply to Opilate, #2:

Totally agree with you, man. I'll get rid of that -1 lame mod. People, you shouldn't mod people just cause they disagree with you.

• TheSwmnCello

TheSwmnCello

#179520 - 14 years ago

In reply to ShadowDemon, #23:

Actually, that's the point of the mods.

Anyway, I'm still holding off on my decision. Even now that we know the characters a little better and have seen where this is going a little more, it's still too early. I did like this episode better than the last one though, even with the laugh track.

• Dufraine

Dufraine

#179683 - 14 years ago

Yeah, i'm a bit confused by episode #2 .... but i'm looking forward to #3 to clear it up. lol :)