Forums > The Strangerhood

Ep1 or Ep2?

Posts (17)

• iodice

iodice

#190658 - 14 years ago

Which 1 woz the best...i actualy think 1 was better but i can imagen its quite hard to think of ideas....im sure the next one will be 10 times better!

• andyroyd

andyroyd

#190664 - 14 years ago

In reply to iodice, #1:

I'd have to say 2 since there was more character interaction and they introduced the plot.

I wonder how long it'll take someone to say "neither, they both sucked, this is so stupid..."

• ack154

ack154

#190692 - 14 years ago

In reply to iodice, #1:

I have an offtopic question that you just reminded me of: why did you spell "was" as "woz" ?? I mean, it's not any shorter, it's the same amount of characters. And personally, I feel that it's easier to type the correct way anyways, since it only involves one hand (if you've had any formal typing classes). Not trying to be the spelling/grammar police, just curious cause other people do it too...

ANYWAYS... on topic: definitely episode two, as the other guys said. There was actually some character development and you could actually start to get some plot out of it.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#190730 - 14 years ago

In reply to ack154, #3:

I liked 2 better. It only introduced 2 new characters for my website, instead of the 8 from the first episode, and it had a plot. Less work + more interaction = happy DiMono.

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#190940 - 14 years ago

In reply to andyroyd, #2:

1 hour and 50 minutes: Neither, they both sucked, this is so stupid...

But since I don't copy opinions of noobs, my opinion is: 2nd was better, had more of a plot, and Nikki and Catherine almost fighting was really funny...
    'Oh you can seduce this one'

• iodice

iodice

#194265 - 14 years ago

In reply to ack154, #3:

such a twat lol, its how u pronounce it init, cus u dnt say "was" cus that sounds 2 much like aaaa. really depends wot part of what county you come from!

• ack154

ack154

#194279 - 14 years ago

In reply to iodice, #6:

They both sound the same to me... :p

I just look at it and see a spelling nightmare.

• andyroyd

andyroyd

#195138 - 14 years ago

In reply to iodice, #6:

I could go on a long tangent here, like I did in a thread in the RvB forum, but I'll try not to. This is significant of some major problems in the English language. First, there are more vowels sounds than letters to represent them. Also, there was a great vowel shift (or movement as we like to say) in which many vowels changed sound, but some didn't. This all happened after 1500-1600's when spelling was regularized so letters don't really match up with sound as much as they used to. That is why the same vowels can have different sounds (flood, food, foot), or different vowels have the same (bird, earn, purge). It main point is that altough the change in spelling was unneccessary, we could still understand it, that's the important part. But you are right, vowel sounds are different depending on the dialect...

Shoot, I guess I did go on a tangent, sorry about that...

• hyperactive_

hyperactive_

#195189 - 14 years ago

In reply to andyroyd, #9:

WTF are you one about?

Anyway, back to the topic, Episodes 1 and 2 are ok but not great - but since it is only the start of the series it can only get better, and it will be great when the episodes are released weekly instead of one about every three weeks!

Vist my The Strangerhood Resource Guide:
    [link=http://]www.freewebs.com/thestrangerhood

• andyroyd

andyroyd

#195548 - 14 years ago

In reply to hyperactive_, #10:

About the whole woz vs was issue.
    I kinda go a little nuts when I see a topic I actually know something about.
    Sorry...

• TheTexan

TheTexan

#197100 - 14 years ago

I though episode 2 was better, mostly because as almsot always, the first episode was kind of akward and a bit stupid in parts, so that they could introduce the characters. It actally had some really funny stuff in it.

BTW as you may have seen before,
    fish can be spelled ghoti...
    gh from like enough (f)
    o from women (i)
    ti from like education (sh)
    ghoti!

• Gryphonvere

Gryphonvere

#197524 - 14 years ago

In reply to hyperactive_, #10:

In reply to andyroyd, #9:

WTF are you one about?

I second that question.

Fixed link:

The Strangerhood Resource Guide

• thesimsrulz

thesimsrulz

#228896 - 14 years ago

i think 2 (hey andyroyd neither they both sucked, this is soooo stupid) nah really this is sooo good, i am a big fan of the sims game

• Gryphonvere

Gryphonvere

#229027 - 14 years ago

In reply to thesimsrulz, #14:

Don't dig up the dead.

'Nuff said.

• Mirath

Mirath

#269690 - 14 years ago

I'm going to have to go the unpopular route here and say I thought Ep.1 was funnier. I mean, come on! That was the whole "Durnt, dude" (or Darnt or however it's supposed to be spelled) conversation, plus Dutchmiller was just hilarious in that episode.

• whitesocks

whitesocks

#269728 - 14 years ago

i reckon that ep 1 was funnier than ep2 i laughed so hard at darrrnt.

• Maidenfine

Maidenfine

#294129 - 14 years ago

I like ep. 1 better. More Dutchmiller, more character confusion with less viewer (meaning me) confusion. It made sense. I didn't have to watch it twice to figure out what the heck was going on. I also thought it was funnier.