Forums > The Strangerhood

Episode 3 Links and Comments

Posts (149)

• hyperactive_

hyperactive_

#259289 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

i think that if they had combined eps 2 and 3 together, it would have been better but........

• Tri_Op

Tri_Op

#259331 - 14 years ago

Amazing stuff a bit weird but I think I like that. The voices are pretty good. Very impressed over all. Cant wait to find out what happens next.

• CombatSapper

CombatSapper

#259348 - 14 years ago

In reply to SGT, #27:

I think that the series has some potential, but for the love of god get rid of the audience

oh god please i couldnt agree more...the audience must die...or leave or quit or sumthing but get rid of it

• Hayclearing

Hayclearing FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#259383 - 14 years ago

You know, I didn't like Tovar very much at the beginning, but I'm starting to warm to him.

Because the laugh track likes him.
    Which means I like him.

. . . I wish I was more than half kidding. I'm frightened by the amount of psychological pull that laugh track has over me.

I love the fish conversation between Sam, Chalmers and Tovar. Keep it up, I'm interesting in seeing where this series goes!

• Zim110

Zim110

#259520 - 14 years ago

In reply to Hayclearing, #56:

Yeh Ep 3 Is Out

• gir110

gir110

#259598 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

I Am Very Dissapointed With We Have A Floater.

• axeman

axeman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#259608 - 14 years ago

In reply to Zim110, #57:

WTF?
    How'd he get +90 for that?

Anyway...I'm starting to hate that laughter almost as much as Griggs.

• jnr90

jnr90

#259634 - 14 years ago

Another great piece of work. Keep it up

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#259655 - 14 years ago

I think some people had too high expectations of the Strangerhood. I thought the whole RT shit away, and judged them on a new serie which is completely different than Red vs Blue.
    True: I like Halo more than the Sims, Halo is more my type of humor, but I still think the SH has very much potential.
    Ep 3 was great. They let a fish die, they made Wade show his sensitive side, Tovar was way cooler than before, Dutchmiller was the standard stupid... And Nikkie had a fine ass showed that she cares for the well being of the others.
    Further: the eating the fish thing was hilarious, as well as the quote 'Starving is like diet. With pain.' 'Hahaha.'

My hopes get higher...

• Kamakura

Kamakura

#259811 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

I really thought that this next episode was actually going to be good, but I was wrong. It was boring and just as dry as the rest of them. I did snicker when the army guy wanted the audience to stop. Only part though. I know they are trying to spoof reality shows, but its been done and overused. And for an episode almost every 2 weeks or so this is bad. The "dubbing" as it seems just hasn't gotten better. The animation just doesn't fit with the voicing at all making it look really bad.

I'm sorry, but this show is a waste of RT's time and should be abandoned so all focus can be put onto RvB...which is what they seem to be best at. I mean I laughed pretty damn hard at the last episode of RvB. Heck I would love to see them try another project. I'm all for it...Strangerhood was just a project that didn't work...

• Bizarro

Bizarro

#259897 - 14 years ago

This episode was.. a bit dull. Like the last one.

To be honest there have only been a couple of points in the 3 episodes that I have found funny so far.

The audience joke has been done before, and a lot better by shows like Family Guy, here it seems like they just put it in as if setting up a joke, but forgot to put the joke in. And woo-hoo, crazy Spanish guy went and got a drink instead of ice! c'mon guys, you can do better than this.

To me it seems like they are trying hard to keep this series accessible to younger audiences and people who don't necessarily play games all the time, and it's getting in the way of it being entertaining. To be honest they may as well put in some more in jokes realting to gaming etc, because that is what they can do well, and that caters for the audience that is watching.

The set up is good, the characters are a bit one dimensional but have potential, at the moment it's just the writing which is keeping it down. Splitting the large group up, having them interact in small groups and bringing out their less stereotypical funny personalities would help this series a lot.

• Vostok

Vostok

#260074 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

ok the Strangerhood sucks. It's not funny, the characters are fake(i mean that rectoricaly) and the script is bad. This is a huge disapointment.

• TUNNELRAT

TUNNELRAT

#260262 - 14 years ago

In reply to Vostok, #64:

Next time I call at my friends house when I knock on the door I'm going to shout "Fish delivery !" .

• TUNNELRAT

TUNNELRAT

#260275 - 14 years ago

In reply to axeman, #31:

It sounded like a version of Here Comes The Bride. Actually a bit like the Queen version in Flash Gordon.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#260277 - 14 years ago

In reply to TUNNELRAT, #65:

+1 Ditto. Just cause it sounds like something I'd do.

• Goat_Sucker

Goat_Sucker

#260309 - 14 years ago

In reply to Bizarro, #63:

And woo-hoo, crazy Spanish guy went and got a drink instead of ice! c'mon guys, you can do better than this.

To me it seems like they are trying hard to keep this series accessible to younger audiences and people who don't necessarily play games all the time, and it's getting in the way of it being entertaining. To be honest they may as well put in some more in jokes realting to gaming etc, because that is what they can do well, and that caters for the audience that is watching.

Okay, did you even read any of RT's statements about the series, let alone any of the posts defending the style?

One last time to everyone:
    It is not a gaming series. Get over it.

• Luzdra

Luzdra

#260312 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

Wow, this really surpassed what I expected from The Strangerhood. Every episode (so far) keeps getting better, I thought there was no way you guys could reach the Red vs Blue standards, I guess i'm wrong. Great job.

• nomar4ever

nomar4ever

#260479 - 14 years ago

I'm just anxious to see if they are going to go the route of Seinfeld and Friends and actually making the series so you didn't have to see the last ep to know what's going on. They RT guys said that after establishing the premise by watching the first two eps that you could watch any ep in any order and it would still make sense and be funny. It may be too early to tell, but it looks like they are planning to do subplots and story lines that require the eps to be watched like RvB as opposed to a sitcom like Seinfeld. Maybe I'm just crazy. Other than that, I thought that Ep 3 was funny, and I think we are going to see some hot Sim sex between Dutchmiller and Nikki (if the dumbass can figure out where is dingaling is).

• axeman

axeman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#260553 - 14 years ago

In reply to TUNNELRAT, #66:

Could be...
    That wouldn't fit into the events of the episode as well as "Taps", though.

• Machinehead

Machinehead

#260654 - 14 years ago

I am actually a little annoyed by some of the negative comments. Some are valid, but most are just derivitive.

It is written like a corny sitcom on purpose. You've all watched Seinfeld and Friends. You know the formula. Don't get mad because it is different from Blood Gulch, which is NOT a sitcom spoof. The timing, the jokes, everything is timed to be like a sitcom.

That being said, it was an excellent episode. I loved the continuity.

I know it's supposed to be a sitcom parody. It's just not a funny sitcom parody.

• Machinehead

Machinehead

#260845 - 14 years ago

I know my words are harsh, I was just really looking foward to this series.

Rooster Teeth is great, their work on Red Vs Blue is great. Yes, Yes. I know this isn't Red Vs Blue. I know what the series is supposed to be. I just don't think it has been executed well at all. And yes, it's meant to be funny. The obvious jokes of satire are meant to be funny, but they're not. Sorry.

• Boosalicious

Boosalicious

#261003 - 14 years ago

So true, strangerhood is just not funny, never was, but hopefuly it will be.

• steve99_9

steve99_9

#261042 - 14 years ago

i don't know, i really enjoyed the first two, and this one was just flat. i didn't laugh and i found it a tad to short.
    and for me the audience was annoying but it seemed to disappear in the middle of the show...and if half of the show didn't consist of the fish conversation i would of liked it more..the whole fish segment for me was just dumb. but oh well, looking foward to the next one

• Teflon23

Teflon23

#261143 - 14 years ago

I liked this one better than previous episodes. I still don't think the show has reached its full potential, but this was a good episdoe. To me, Wade and Doc Chalmers both went from annoying and weird to pretty funny (Chalmers is probably my favorite character at this point - his fish rant proved he isn't just a gumpy old man, he is a crazy grumpy old man). I think as time goes on, it'll get better.

The episodes aren't any shorter than the early RvBs were, but I think they need to be a little longer because the type of humor in the Strangerhood is a bit more plot driven than the early RvB episodes (as RvB developed more of a plot, the episodes got longer).

• MatadorBID

MatadorBID

#261274 - 14 years ago

In reply to Machinehead, #74:

yeah, I won't be d/ling The Strangerhood anymore. It's like watching a crappy vido game version of Friends meets That 70's Show.