Forums > The Strangerhood

Episode 3 Links and Comments

Posts (149)

• geffin98

geffin98

#261306 - 14 years ago

In reply to MatadorBID, #78:

But isn't that kinda what they have been going for all along?

• Kamakura

Kamakura

#261361 - 14 years ago

In reply to Bizarro, #63:

Its like they are making one of those stupid shows on Nickolodeon catering to kids under 10 who don't know what is funny. Which from what I've read it seems people don't know what is funny if they are laughing at these "jokes".

• Pismo

Pismo

#261405 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #43:

In reply to Pismo, #41:

Pismo... hmm, must be short for "Piss and Moan". If you had been reading ANY other threads you'd know by now that SH and RvB are two different shows. SH isn't here as much to make us laugh as it is to make us think and, as already stated, use other emotions than just happyness. Maybe there'll be a laugh in there. So of course it relies more on writing. It's an actual show and a spoof of a show. There's more plot than Rvb. It's different than Rvb. It's not RvB. Accept this and shut the smeg up!

I know that RvB and Strangerhood are two completly different shows. Don't be stupid. Contrasting the two has nothing to do with them being similar. I know what the show is about. And like I said, I really enjoyed episode 2, but I feel like episode 3 was bad. And really, how is the show made to make us think. Maybe for you, but I fully expect the show to entertain me, which episode 3 didn't do at all. Accept this and your not funny!

• myshiou

myshiou

#261413 - 14 years ago

Great episode guys, as usual. Come check out my review of it as my journal entry on December 3rd. Hope you enjoyed it!

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#261603 - 14 years ago

In reply to Pismo, #81:

1) I know I'm not funny, especially to dicks who play with theirself like you. It's something I've accepted long ago.
    2) Not all shows, whether on the telly or on the compy, are not meant to entertain you every second of the program. Get into it, figure out the story, try to guess what's gonna happen next, and before you know it, you feel like you're watching a full half-hour episode in 3 or 4 minutes.
    Still, shut the hell up or move your bitching to another thread. Leave it to the ones who actually enjoy the show.

• obsidity

obsidity

#261757 - 14 years ago

I just keep on thinking of Jon Stewart on Crossfire when the hosts were admonishing him for not being as funny as he is on his show, because he was totally calling them on their shit.
    They kept saying "be funny!!"
    And he said: "I am not your monkey."

• bkernell

bkernell

#262183 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

i really didnt like the 3rd episode, it was shorter than the others

• secooper87

secooper87

#262289 - 14 years ago

I'm sorry if this has been said already, but I really need to ask this-- is Strangerhood supposed to be a parody/remake of Betty's Summer Vacation? I mean, I liked that play, so it's okay that was intended, but that play was so disturbing!

Maybe it was just the audience and the characters that made me think of that.

Thanks a bunch.

• TimGundrum

TimGundrum

#262313 - 14 years ago

well done guys. I thought this episode was much better than the last two.

• Jinketsu

Jinketsu

#262393 - 14 years ago

In reply to TimGundrum, #88:

I just don't agree with how much dialogue they crammed into such a short time.
    Other than that, it was fine ^^

and Episode 3 has given me more laughs than it intended. Look at all the people who have 'lost faith' in the series over one episode, and so so so early on in the series! Haha!

• w00tBlaze1

w00tBlaze1

#262468 - 14 years ago

I thinks its the best episode yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Wade...i mean Drnt dude...Drrrrnt....how ever its spelled!

• Pismo

Pismo

#262605 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #84:

In reply to Pismo, #81:

1) I know I'm not funny, especially to dicks who play with theirself like you. It's something I've accepted long ago.
    2) Not all shows, whether on the telly or on the compy, are not meant to entertain you every second of the program. Get into it, figure out the story, try to guess what's gonna happen next, and before you know it, you feel like you're watching a full half-hour episode in 3 or 4 minutes.
    Still, shut the hell up or move your bitching to another thread. Leave it to the ones who actually enjoy the show.

hahaha. How are you going to say that there not trying to entertain me? Thats the whole point of these shows...there to entertain you, not make you think 3 or 4 episodes ahead. The shows are too short for anything like that. If your telling me that the guys at RT arn't trying to entertain me with these shows, I've got to find out what your smoking.

And seriously, drop your bitching, I'm not flaming. What I'm doing is called critizing. Ever heard of it? It's when you analyze something and give feedback to the creators. That's all this is. I'm giving them feedback so they know what stuff works and what doesn't.

• obsidity

obsidity

#262773 - 14 years ago

In reply to Pismo, #91:

\What I'm doing is called critizing. Ever heard of it? I

There is a difference between "to criticize" and "to critique". I agree with you that your posts fall under the latter's definition.

• obsidity

obsidity

#262782 - 14 years ago

::correction::
    eush.
    I forgot the "do not" in there...

editing posts would be good tonight.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#262809 - 14 years ago

In reply to Pismo, #91:

Like I said, not all show's purposes are for entertainment purposes. They can be funny if you're intelligent to pick up the stupidity (much like Monty Python in some regards). This is a comedy/drama from what I can pick up. Because they're three or four minutes long, that gives you more than enough reason to look forward to what's to happen. Granted, they're spaced a bit too far apart for most's liking, but that can't be improved at the moment.

Yes, you're critisizing, but not very productively. So, therefore, you may as well be taking a shotgun to the site. (Insert childish retort from Pismo "I'd rather take a shotgun to you.")
    While you're at it though, could you take out Dutchmiller? I was kinda sad it wasn't him who died. I don't think I'm the only one. (Sad attempt to get on topic)

• Brazbit

Brazbit

#263525 - 14 years ago

I have tried to ejoy The Strangerhood.... I really did.... but I have failed.

It seemed like a winning combination. I like Red Vs Blue, I like The Sims. But The Strangerhood has got to rank right up there with "Reality Television" on my crap-o-meter. To be fair there is only three episodes and a trailer to go off of at the moment, but currently this project is 0-4.

I think I will come back at the end of the first season and see if things have improved but for now I will stick to the color clash side of Rooster Teeth.

Good luck on this project.... it needs it.

• scottix

scottix

#263705 - 14 years ago

I made a post earlier around Episode 1 to this accord. It lacks plot, or more of a cliched plot. Episode 1 was on why they were there. That is not very interesting at all. And I actually have made a personal video on a plot of why was I here. It just doesn't please anyone. Then people will say RvB had they same plot in the first episode, but not really it was more of a joke. I'm guessing they are trying to mimick the type of comedy in Family Guy, South Park, and The Simpsons where they make fun of sitcom TV, but everyone one of those episodes have their own little story and setting. The Strangerhood pretty much lacks plot. For example in Ep 3 all we saw was a fish dying, an audience laughing which was very annoying, Tovar getting the wrong food, and something about a fish. Those are 4 random things that just happen. There was no point, I show my friends these episodes and they just shrug like boring. I think something is definately wrong with the series. I would rather see them come up with a different story line. It seem like they are just trying to hard.

• ashtrey843

ashtrey843

#264115 - 14 years ago

ok that's it, I gave it three episodes to grow on me, but I really just don't like SH
    I'm not going to tell you guys that you are horrible people or idiots for liking it, I'm just saying I have not laughed once in all three episodes.
    I almost grinned though when Toval said "starvation is like diet........ with pain"

• Kamikaze

Kamikaze

#264147 - 14 years ago

I have to agree with everyone who said The Strangerhood is not funny.

It seems to get worse with each episode, that is what bothers me. Certain jokes are forced out, it's like you're trying to be funny, and failing miserably. I will continue to download the episodes, but so far, I'm saddened.

• HaloRoboto

HaloRoboto

#264414 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

He can't hide you forever, anonymous. Ha, that's kickass. Wade's got to be my fav though, or should I say, DURNT!

• HaloRoboto

HaloRoboto

#264417 - 14 years ago

In reply to HaloRoboto, #99:

But the show really missing something compared to red vs blue. Needs more work.

• CanadianUnit

CanadianUnit

#265632 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

Hey if the fishes name sheila then will it turn into a big tank later on =O...

• Sylv

Sylv

#265654 - 14 years ago

I think SH is growing on me, after the 3rd episode, but whoever said they should release more episodes at a time is right. Or alternately, make them longer. The way they're breaking up the flow just doesn't feel right.

The synching's a little better than the first one but it's still a little funny to look at. Also, the laughtrack. I think they'll drop it within the next episode or two (or I really hope so. The characters hating it was cute at first but the joke's going to wear thin soon). It's not just that it's a laugh track, it's that it pops up so often. (or maybe I've just been weaned off of shows with laughtracks by now)

On the positive side, I love the disembodied program director. It rocks! And like I said, I do think the show's getting more into the swing of things now. But give us longer episodes.

• DokterJo

DokterJo

#267464 - 14 years ago

I dont want to say i hate SH, but it is getting to be true. I dont find the shows funny. except for a few wade comments, i have been bored to death through the whole thing. but that doesnt really matter, whats matters is that this "show", that i dont find funny almost at all, is the reason that my altime fav show, RVB, comes out so much less now! Before we got 1 ep of RVB a week. life was good. now it feels like we get 1 a month. It was hard enough waiting a whole week for my RVB fix, and now this show has made that wait even longer. i wish they would either quite doing this show, or pass it off on sum1 else. I dont want the show to end for those who do like it, i just cant stand the enourmouse (Sp?) amount of time inbetween eps of RVB.

• Onederboy

Onederboy

#268584 - 14 years ago

The Strangerhood is a big question mark for me.....

I mean, it has its moments, I laugh, it's pretty fun now and again, but it just doesn't have the same feel as RVB. I know that they make fun of two seperate things, and are really targetting almost two different types of audiences, but even still, it just doesn't seem to have the same funny vibe. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, it's starting to grow on me, but like it was said earlier, it just doesn't have the same relationships as RVB. But I'm gonna give it a chance. I'm not gonna bash it, say it isn't funny, because I do like it, I do think it's funny, just not as funny as RVB.....yet.

I'm still gonna give it a chance.....I think it has potential....let's give it a bit of time to grow and mature in it's own right...and I figure it can get going...