Forums > The Strangerhood

Episode 3 Links and Comments

Posts (149)

• Jibbo

Jibbo

#269230 - 14 years ago

In reply to Onederboy, #104:

Yeah, I'm with you. I guess I'm comparing to RvB (which is like comparing Halo 2 to it's hype) so I'm kinda disappointed. But give it time, it might get better.

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#270185 - 14 years ago

Hmm since I'm kinda flaming this forum I could also put a comment here...
    Ep 3 rocked! Cool job with the fish, great job with Tovar, and good job with the audience (though everyone complains about it, I like it)
    Keep up the great work, but knowing Rooster Teeth: Keep up improving so there will be even greater stuff!

• timmy_55811

timmy_55811

#270660 - 14 years ago

In reply to monopoly_j, #5:

Episode 3 sucked monkey balls

• Scorptilicus

Scorptilicus

#271496 - 14 years ago

I thought that this one was okay, not as good as the first two though.

Though the fish being the dead one was hilarious. That I did not see coming.

• Maxx_Alias

Maxx_Alias

#272450 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

dudes I love RvB.....Genius

but I really think you be slipping with this new series.....It may get better I don't know...but for now all I have are hopes......

no one bat 1000

• jeffa

jeffa

#273221 - 14 years ago

I have some serious high hopes for Strangerhood as a series. I think it will do wonderfully. Oh, and Wade is my idol.

• Deviques

Deviques

#274658 - 14 years ago

A loved th e first Sims, a played it day & night, it was the first game, i haven't got bored of. The Maxis made The Sims 2. Man, how happy was I. I couldn't wait to get more and more info. I can't play it, I have only a PII 400 MMX machine (f**ck'd up Romania). The only thing I could do with it, is to know eveything about it.
    And the I found The Strangerhood.
    I couldn't imagine that it could be possible. A cartoon series from my favorite game. I was so happy.
    Then I realized that I have a very slow connection (16kbits/sec, f***** Romania). But I had time, and in 11 hours I downloaded the trailer and the first two episodes. I'm downloading the 3rd now (62% - remaining time 2:11:32, God bless Internet!).
    So living here in Romania, I think I am the biggest (or the most pacient) Strangerhood fan. It is easy to you, download it in 5-7 minutes and than watch it, enjoy it, and watch it again, and... And when I finish the download, watch the episode, go online, on the forum, and what do I see? Everybody is talking about the 4th episode! SH*T. Cruel world, what is my sin? Why I had to born in Romania, the country of expensive computers and slow internet.
    But, to be serious. Since I saw the first episode, I know this is what I always wanted. Thank you dear Rooster Teeth for The Strangerhood. May the force be with you to continue this great work. Let Strangerhood rule the world.

• paul_Harkone

paul_Harkone

#274883 - 14 years ago

I have to say, I thought it was good, nothing compared to RvB, but interesting. I'm not going to give it a final word because it hasn't had a long enough time to actually start. Let's let it get going before we begin to flame the serries. I think there is hope for it, but until it actually gets underway it's only ok.

Oh yeah, and you guys must get rid of that "audiance, it is extremely annoying, or at least that's my opinion.

• SonicSam

SonicSam

#274993 - 14 years ago

In reply to jeffa, #110:

Ya think?

Wade is stupid but funny. But as you said Stranger Hood will be BIG

• robosoldier

robosoldier

#276213 - 14 years ago

WTF? Episode 3 won't play on my QuickTime. The theme music plays for about three seconds and then freezes up. But all the other videos I've downloaded play just fine. What the hell is the problem?

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#276369 - 14 years ago

In reply to robosoldier, #114:

*Thinks to self* Isn't there a tech help thread where people can whine about their sucky computers instead of doing it here?

• Deviques

Deviques

#279561 - 14 years ago

Well, I downloaded and watched the 3rd episode,
    I don't know what else you want, guys. It kicks ass. The only problem is with the lenght, but it's easy to download afterall. One question: Will they really eat Anonymus?

• Ravana

Ravana

#281010 - 14 years ago

What is the point of this series. Is it supposed to be funny? Is a cousin Balki clone and a white guy doing his best to sound like a stereotypical negro considered funny in 2004? I must have missed the memo.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#281953 - 14 years ago

In reply to Ravana, #117:

OH NO!!! THE AUDIENCE IS "TOO MODERN" FOR THE SHOW!!! People may just need to think every now and then.

• Kamakura

Kamakura

#282368 - 14 years ago

In reply to Ravana, #117:

Got me Ravana...This is some horrible humor showing that alot of people don't know whats that funny if they think this Kiddy humor stuff is any good.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#282905 - 14 years ago

In reply to Kamakura, #119:

And that leaves you too mature for the show? HA! I'm speechless I'm laughing so hard... but probly only cause I'm really tired.

• Houndstalk

Houndstalk

#283495 - 14 years ago

Am I the only one who likes this show?

It may not be as funny as rvb, but I enjoy watching it....

anyone else??

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#284356 - 14 years ago

In reply to Houndstalk, #121:

Ditto. I like it, though I didn't when it started. But now that plot's being developed, it's turning out nicely.

• Maidenfine

Maidenfine

#291688 - 14 years ago

Here's what I think:

1. Everyone got so excited about Strangerhood before it started, expectations were unrealisticly high. Disappointment is the logical result.

2. I have only laughed once. "He can't watch you forever, anonymous." Seriously, that's the only time I laughed. Although it was close with "Sam, Wade." "Drnt, dude."

3. I've never played Halo. I've only recently started downloading and watching the old RvB episodes. I don't think they're all that hilarious. They're enjoyable sure, but I don't really laugh when I watch them or anything. Maybe I'm deficient in some way that makes me less likely to laugh at jokes. Who know?

4. Because the two shows are made by the same people, it's easy to compare them. But, every work is different. For instance, I wrote a play that had this deep meaning about holding grudges and not allowing other people to change. And then I wrote a different play that was about some kid who was a superhero who lost her powers. Not really any hidden meaning. Just kinda fun. I think that might be similar to what we have with RvB and Strangerhood. I think there might be some deeper point to Strangerhood than just pure entertainment. I could be wrong but it just doesn't seem like the focus is on humor.

Yes, I know that I just made a numbered list. According to my husband, I always talk in lists. So apparently I have some weird listmaker thing in my head.

• gir110

gir110

#292042 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

its a bit short and boaring but i like the first two episodes but ep3 is ok i think you should add the trailer as the beggining of the ep like programs have a beggining:)

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#292757 - 14 years ago

In reply to Maidenfine, #123:

Heh, I didn't even know about SH until it started. But it's true, the higher the hopes, the more room they have to fall.

As for the 4th note, I'm glad someone at least sorta sees it my way. Though made by the same people at the same time, the two serieses are uncomparable. (Congrats on getting plays written, I have trouble with just a couple paragraph essay.)

As to the following post, why add a 2 minute trailer (or however long it is) to a three minute episode? I actually they should keep the one they have for now and release a second one for the second season. Then, when it comes on DVD, it'll be like one large episode. The current episode titles could be more like scene names. I'm tired, I'm blabbering, so now I'm shutting up.

• chrisnew

chrisnew

#293354 - 14 years ago

So, the Strangerhood.
    Now, if the intent of this production is to utilize a new set of puppets for a new audience, then i think they're right on track. Now while I found RvB amusing when I first started watching it, it was only because I was FPS enthusiast. That was what was funny about it. And they did a great job in that respect. But even watching RvB now, there is a lot of time spent about the fact that "this is Halo" or "this is Halo 2." What is interesting about this new series is that I have only played The Sims for about 10 minutes, and found it really booring, but this show is interesting to me. This series allows for puppets to replace actual humans in an entertainment show. What the team is doing right now is simply getting the hang of the territory that they will be working in. I don't expect brilliance now, nor in the immediate future, but as they map out the territory and the work becomes more "we want to do this" than "what can we do with this," I hope to see improvement.
    Good work guys.

• anniebeb

anniebeb

#296004 - 14 years ago

In reply to ShadowDemon, #15:

yeah, second one so far is the best... this one; :T its either more time should've been spent on it, or it never should've came out :X (SORRY) don't really like the bg audience either :/ not funny and creates a distraction (my opinion!!)

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#296402 - 14 years ago

In reply to anniebeb, #127:

True, but at least it's something. Ah well, furutre episodes will be better probly, hopefully. At least the audience wasn't there he second half of the episode.

• ike621

ike621

#296722 - 14 years ago

In reply to Maidenfine, #123:

I would agree that I have only laugh once or twice, But I remember it took a couple of episodes of rvb to get me hooked. To me rvb didn't hit full stride until church was killed. I am hoping that the storyline picks up and gets funny.