Forums > The Strangerhood

Episode 3 Links and Comments

Posts (149)

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#298226 - 14 years ago

In reply to ike621, #129:

Funny place to get hooked to the series. When a main character gets offed. Maybe that's what the Strangerhood needs? Someone other than a fish being killed off?

• thescarred77

thescarred77

#300267 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

I love RT, and I know everyone's going to mod me down for this, but I just don't think this episode is funny - at all. I know it's only episode 3, but I still don't find it humorous in any way.

Still, I know it must take a lot of work and there are others who might find it more appealing, so props to everyone involved.

I'm still looking forward to more episodes to see how it all pans out

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#301129 - 14 years ago

In reply to thescarred77, #131:

Why would people mod you down? You're one of God knows how many who don't like it. So if someone mods you down (which I'm not doing to save myself the Mod points) they'll have to be fair and mod down everyone else who posts in this thread and other episode thread saying the exact same thing as everyone else says, your post being no excption... wow, not even I got that. Translation : It's not an original thought, it's not original wording, be yourself, break away from the mold of "I don't like it but..."

• randdetanna

randdetanna

#304430 - 14 years ago

Love it

• Ender_2

Ender_2

#312162 - 14 years ago

While I haven't seen anything spectacular about SH yet, I'll keep watching it. I started watching RvB around EP8, and it took a couple before I went back and colected up the older ones and really got into it. I'm hoping that once they get the basic plot laid out and all of the characters filled in some, that it could have some great possibilities.

They have already set up a couple interesting leads to future plot twists. What do you think will happen the first time "Durnt" aka "Wade" forgets the rules and grabs himself Tang and Cookies for a snack?

• mercgurl

mercgurl

#329020 - 14 years ago

I don't care what anyone says... I think SH in general is just pure genius. (This coming from a Sims gamer freak.) From what I remember reading in a transcript on the Sims 2 website, making this series is kind of reminiscent of a reality show: expect the unexpected. And with the game in general, unexpected stuff always happens. The fact that the RT crew can work around those unexpected events when coming up with scripts... it boggles my mind at least. (Me, I'd cuss up a storm and chuck the PC out the window since I don't have the patience.)

Ep 3 was cool. My fave bit was when Chalmers was agreeing with Sam about the fish naming: "How else can you tell which one you're gonna eat?" (Insert Sam's disgusted expression here.)

Keep it up guys! Can't wait for ep 4.

• bkernell

bkernell

#329163 - 14 years ago

i need help, i have the sims 2, how do i make movies wit it
    send me a message

• PootsieMcgee

PootsieMcgee

#331158 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

YESSSSSS

• FreedomFX

FreedomFX

#332986 - 14 years ago

Personally I think the whole Strangerhood thing sucks. Not a single thing in any of the episodes has made me laugh. Not even smile. You guys should stop wasting your time on this stupid series and put more into RvB. Because really there is no comedy in the entire series as of now. Not to mention that the plot sucks. You could have done much better than this. Where is the creativity that was used for the RvB series. Obviously not in Stangerhood, that is for sure. I say kill Stangerhood and if you really want to use Sims 2 as a setting maybe you should go towards more of a Family Guy 'esk setting. You know something that is actually funny and entertaining. Just some food for thought!

• mercgurl

mercgurl

#333032 - 14 years ago

In reply to FreedomFX, #138:

Kindly say what you said after at least six - ten episodes. You have to remember that good plots-- really good ones-- take some time to develop. That's how I feel IMHO. It's kind of like making a really good stew: you have to let it simmer a while for the flavors to develop. And people who refuse to give the stew a chance and taste it are missing out on something that may really be yummy. It's people with opinions like yours who make the quality of television and movies today as crappy as it is. Those TV guys try so hard to put out stuff that's of good quality but in the end are putting out drivel in hopes to catch the viewer's attention

This is why Joss Whedon's Firefly only lasted thirteen episodes but Buffy lasted seven seasons and Angel lasted five seasons. Not that I don't think Firefly sucked; it was quite good, but obviously others didn't share my opinion.

So please just give the Strangerhood a deserving chance to change your opinion. If it still hasn't changed after say, episode six or seven, then you can say it bites and stop watching it. Being that this an online episode series, let others like myself have the pleasure of watching-- those that have taken a liking to it. You don't see us knocking down Red vs. Blue, now do you? Those who don't like simply don't watch and let others enjoy. That's why it's gotten to where it is today.

Who knows, maybe your negative drivel may make the Strangerhood get a much better plot, and you'll be missing out.

This is just my opinion, please remember. Do not boo, hiss, or chuck rocks and snowballs at me. ^_^*

• mercgurl

mercgurl

#333035 - 14 years ago

In reply to bkernell, #136:

You may want to refer to the Sims 2 site (http://thesims2.ea.com) for that. Burnie and Matt from RT also had a chat with Maxis on how they made the Strangerhood, refer to the transcript at http://thesims2.ea.com/community/chat_11_11_04.php.

• megadeth

megadeth

#337723 - 14 years ago

i love the strangerhood series, ive been watching some other sim2 movies that others have made and stangerhood is by far, the best keep up the good work

• MJOLNIR06

MJOLNIR06

#338139 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

/me likes it! It's really funny. :^)

• Top_Hat

Top_Hat

#354534 - 14 years ago

In reply to MJOLNIR06, #142:

Yeah the Strangerhood is pretty funny... it made me want to get the Sims 2 and make a movie.

• Coolmax1222

Coolmax1222

#356942 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

it's a cool movie, I can't wait for the next one!
    I'm pretty glad it was one of the fish! The Fish are replacible.

• Oblivion989

Oblivion989

#360829 - 14 years ago

In reply to matt, #1:

cool. I like it.

• Brootan

Brootan

#388432 - 14 years ago

Its very well done . This is the first ive seen Sims .This is perfectly ridicolous . Lookin forward to seeing the next one :)

• Yskyflyer

Yskyflyer

#389567 - 14 years ago

In reply to NYYMattS, #30:

I don’t really find a lack of pre existing RELATIONSHIPS a problem because they hadn’t ever met before (or at least cant remember ever meeting before) to make a RELATIONSHIP. But maybe they might develop the relation ships as they continue to film.

Anyway great episodes.

• noneedfornam

noneedfornam

#407520 - 14 years ago

The series rock but the audience suck big time!

• MrsDottie

MrsDottie

#477975 - 14 years ago

Maidenfine, #123:

Disappointment? What disappointment. I love it to death and all I saw was episode one....I play it over and over. You know the Old guy sounds like the dude that was parking caris in Seinfield when George took over and crashed the cars and stopped that wood allen movie. Doesn't he?he? ha ha

• Jeffreynla

Jeffreynla

#3628896 - 13 years ago

its cool,and ill give it 5 stars.

• Finding_Emo

Finding_Emo

#3631565 - 13 years ago

You fucking idiot... why bring back a dead 11 month old topic just to say that?

• Medley667

Medley667

#4055415 - 13 years ago

rebirth to a thread!

• DeeMonstar

DeeMonstar

#4056885 - 13 years ago