Forums > The Strangerhood

What happened to the voices?

Posts (11)

• hyperactive_

hyperactive_

#259279 - 14 years ago

Tovar and Dr. Chalmers sound different, Sam's has changed also - but very, very slightly

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#259665 - 14 years ago

In reply to hyperactive_, #1:

I don't think they sound different. It's just that Tovar has more text this episode than the past episodes, and Dr Chalmers... I wouldn't know actually. He doesn't sound different to me. And Sam neither.

• shenmuey13

shenmuey13

#261746 - 14 years ago

Wades voice was different in ep.2 but he has the old voice again in ep.3.

• Knives_Kill

Knives_Kill

#286235 - 14 years ago

give em a break, their probably still working out exactly how they want the characters to sound!

Chris

• smdreamer

smdreamer

#286353 - 14 years ago

In reply to Knives_Kill, #5:

Exactly. In the first few episodes of every animated show, the characters' voices always sound different than the later seasons. Take Homer Simpson for example. Remember that episode with the nanny burgler...his voice sounded like a Cro-Magnon or his nose was stuffy...but by season 2 or 3 he sounded like the Homer we know and love.

• SonicSam

SonicSam

#288244 - 14 years ago

Nothing difffrent if you ask me!

• Inverse

Inverse

#288794 - 14 years ago

I really noticed the change in the way the voices sounded too. Perhaps it's from watching so many fansubbed anime over American dubbed anime(Japanese voice actors have so much more emotion in their voices). I really liked the way they sounded in the first episode. I also noticed how Wade, Tovar, Dr. Calmers, and especially Dutchmiller's voices sounded different. I didn't notice much of a difference in Sam's though.

• bristolsk8er

bristolsk8er

#308442 - 14 years ago

I understand how the voices have changed the voices sounded a lot clearer in EP 1 like in EP 2 the part were wade says "IM GLAD YOU DID" the sound is quite bad, i understand it must be hard but they could at least do more takes or something to make the voices consistant, and also dutch when we 1'st see him in ep 2 it sounds really quite crap. but hey i still love the show but not the long delays

• Coolmax1222

Coolmax1222

#359612 - 14 years ago

I think what happened in episode 3 was, that it was suposed to sound like the voices were being heard from the fish tank.

• PollutionXP

PollutionXP

#359644 - 14 years ago

I've done some work acting in the past, and its very hard to hit the same voice every episode if your still getting the feel for the character. Being tired, or very awake can make a voice sound very different, and our friends here constantly brag about completely things at 3 am, so maybe they did some voices late and were tired, so their voices didn't meet the originals perfectly, and also with the rush of trying to put out videos, you can't worry about every minute detail in the characters voice. If I am wrong, have a someone who truly knows whats going on tell me so, and I'll go cry in the corner.

• Coolmax1222

Coolmax1222

#361643 - 14 years ago

In reply to PollutionXP, #11:

since you have experiance, I'll agree with you.