Forums > The Strangerhood

Big plothole...

Posts (35)

• Chessrook44

Chessrook44

#262805 - 14 years ago

How did everyone know Tovar's name? It was never said.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#262856 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chessrook44, #1:

Just because it doesn't happen on camera doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

• Pauli

Pauli

#262902 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #2:

Much like 'They can't see me....I can't see them!'?

• SeaforthBlue

SeaforthBlue

#263027 - 14 years ago

And maybe they don't know his name like remeber the whole they called Caboose, Caboose for no reason for the longest time? Well that is RvB but still.

• Chessrook44

Chessrook44

#263324 - 14 years ago

Caboose was in the show since it started... they had always been together!

• Pauli

Pauli

#263359 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chessrook44, #5:

No he came with the tank.

• HAPPYending

HAPPYending

#263533 - 14 years ago

Maybe they decided his name for him. Like in That 70's Show, how nobody could pronounce Fez's name, so they called him Fez. Tovar's real name could have been, 23456789837423842736. or maybe from where he's from names are against the law. =P Just thinking....

• SeaforthBlue

SeaforthBlue

#263541 - 14 years ago

In reply to HAPPYending and some other people too:

I thought that was only for naming fish? Any yes Caboose was a Noobie in Ep. 3 I believe, but still they never even asked him his name, now how the f*** do you get Caboose? Anywhom Tovar is not something you could just make up but as I said niether was Caboose.

• HAPPYending

HAPPYending

#263560 - 14 years ago

In reply to SeaforthBlue, #8:

When I hear Caboose I think of the back of a train. Or I think that's a caboost....

• NaruKei

NaruKei

#263927 - 14 years ago

In reply to zeabrid, #10:

actually, that was "omally" talking when he had taken over caboose's little mind.

"Calling Church. This is your good friend, Pvt Omally"
    "Omally? I thought you said your name was Caboose"
    "I didn't say that, you guys did!"

obviously the last line was a cover for omally's slip up.

And as far as the audience knowing tovar's name.. THEY'RE THE AUDIENCE!! they know all of them! they see the opening! they're like us, the all seeing ones ^_^. it's the 3rd ep, it's a sitcom, the audience is already picking they're favs. much like fez in that 70s show as stated above.

• Chessrook44

Chessrook44

#265899 - 14 years ago

[sigh]... there was no time between episode 2 and when Tovar came back in in episode 3 for everyone to learn his name. And by everyone, I mean Sam, Dr. Chalmers, etc.

• Bellfast

Bellfast

#266854 - 14 years ago

Everyone knew Tovar's name because it was in the trailer.

• Chessrook44

Chessrook44

#267829 - 14 years ago

Oh, for the love of god...

I don't mean US, I mean Sam and the others IN THE SHOW! They couldn't even remember their own names! How would they know Tovar's?

• takeit

takeit

#268363 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chessrook44, #14:

well we dont see everything that happens in the show.

• Chessrook44

Chessrook44

#269270 - 14 years ago

Good God... TOVAR didn't know his own name EITHER! NOBODY did! It just sprung up out of mid air!

• Bellfast

Bellfast

#269473 - 14 years ago

It was a joke.. not a good one, but still.

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#270151 - 14 years ago

Maybe that talking tv called everyone by there name somewhere between ep 2 and 3?

• LtFiggnuts

LtFiggnuts

#273539 - 14 years ago

In reply to NaruKei, #11:

In reply to zeabrid, #10:

actually, that was "omally" talking when he had taken over caboose's little mind.

"Calling Church. This is your good friend, Pvt Omally"
    "Omally? I thought you said your name was Caboose"
    "I didn't say that, you guys did!"

obviously the last line was a cover for omally's slip up.

I dont think he had the A.I. at that point, did he? I could swear that Tex wasn't dead by that point. Then again, I could be wrong.

• Deverien

Deverien

#273811 - 14 years ago

I always assumed that all the characters' names (except for Sam & Wade) would have been written on the invitational notes, the ones in Episode 2 that told them to go to Sam's house.

• Sylv

Sylv

#274700 - 14 years ago

In reply to LtFiggnuts, #19:

In reply to NaruKei, #11:

I dont think he had the A.I. at that point, did he? I could swear that Tex wasn't dead by that point. Then again, I could be wrong.

See, I always wondered that myself but my guess is the AI actually fled a little earlier (he had to do it BEFORE Tex died after all) just because otherwise that exchange makes no sense.

• LtFiggnuts

LtFiggnuts

#274804 - 14 years ago

In reply to Sylv, #21:

I figured it would have fled the second it knew Tex was going to die, which probably wouldn't have happened until she was shot (was she shot? That episode was such a long time ago I don't remember).

I've never thought of it that way, though. I always thought that the A.I. actually being named O'Malley was a big plot hole. Caboose says his real name is O'Malley, suggesting that Caboose is just a nickname, but then when the A.I. goes into Caboose, IT'S name is O'Malley, and Caboose is now just Caboose. I'm also curious as to why Tex never displayed the symptoms of "A.I.-itis"--Doc is regularly overtaken by the A.I. It regularly controls his body and it has conversations with Doc. It mostly just made Tex really pissed off. So, I don't know.

• Freevster

Freevster

#275929 - 14 years ago

"Caboose" really is Caboose's name. This is proven in the line "MY NAME IS MICHAEL J. CABOOSE, AND I HATE BABIES!"

• grifmasta

grifmasta

#280739 - 14 years ago

THe trailer stated it anyway..anything you know assume the characters know

• Fier

Fier

#280985 - 14 years ago

In reply to Deverien, #20:

Yea, I like that theory.

• Chessrook44

Chessrook44

#281005 - 14 years ago

Nobody knew their names except for Sam. (He found it on his underwear) and Wade... well, he thinks his name's Drrnt, while his nametag clearly states his name is Wade. The others... nada, nothing, zippo, zilch.