Forums > The Strangerhood

IS THERE ANY POINT TO THE STRANGERHOOD?

Posts (62)

• miniman2100

miniman2100

#270992 - 14 years ago

Is there any real point to this series or have we just not gotten there yet?

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#271041 - 14 years ago

In reply to miniman2100, #1:

So your question is "is there a point, or is there a point?" Seems odd, but okay.

The point is to parody and poke fun at sitcoms by exagerating all the things they do.

• shenmuey13

shenmuey13

#271385 - 14 years ago

Well you know you can't work on the same project (RvB) all the time you need to do something new.

• whitesocks

whitesocks

#271642 - 14 years ago

In reply to shenmuey13, #3:

yer the last thing we all need is for them to, say meh i'm sick of RvB then wrap it up at the end of series __?? but teh strangerhood is good makes me laugh. RvB i think will always be in its own league though

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#273120 - 14 years ago

Does Red vs Blue have a point?

• Smoothie7745

Smoothie7745

#273191 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mithhuanion, #5:

yeah, seriously...points are great if you're a needle, or a pencil...gimme the good sh*t any day, all day.

• akrabbim

akrabbim

#274412 - 14 years ago

Of course there isn't. Its Rooster Teeth. Was there any point to RVB?

• Knives_Kill

Knives_Kill

#277820 - 14 years ago

In reply to akrabbim, #7:

In fact there is a point to RvB. The struggle between good and not so good. The ignorance of war. The humor of being shot in the toe. The power of the individual to say 'hey, fuck off you cockbite.' when something that just isn't moraly right is happening. The philosophy and possiblility of an afterlife... and the chance to posses spanish speaking robots.

Tell me theres no point to RvB!

Chris

• Thomai

Thomai

#277927 - 14 years ago

I thought it was funny. Possible potential.

You got me to watch it. There's a point proven right there.

• HAPPYending

HAPPYending

#278001 - 14 years ago

The point is, people can only watch so many RvB until they're out and don't know what to do... and, yeah?

• Thomai

Thomai

#278036 - 14 years ago

In reply to Knives_Kill, #8:

In fact there is a point to RvB. The struggle between good and not so good. The ignorance of war. The humor of being shot in the toe. The power of the individual to say 'hey, fuck off you cockbite.' when something that just isn't moraly right is happening. The philosophy and possiblility of an afterlife... and the chance to posses spanish speaking robots.

Tell me theres no point to RvB!

I still stand by the fact that it was funny.

I laughed, dammit

that's right I said it

• Thomai

Thomai

#278045 - 14 years ago

Note: I need to work on non-huge-posts.

• Knives_Kill

Knives_Kill

#279507 - 14 years ago

Its ok, you've got a great picture, I don't mind seeing it. Anyway - that was my point in a not so obvious way. The point of RvB is humor and satire.

• andyroyd

andyroyd

#279513 - 14 years ago

I think it at least has more of a point than most of the television sitcoms nowadays.

• Knives_Kill

Knives_Kill

#279555 - 14 years ago

Well said.

Any it sure a hell of a lot funnier than most. Though I must say, you should all watch arrested development as much as possible. The more often you watch it, the funnier it becomes. Brilliant television. really.

Chris

• you_suck

you_suck

#282082 - 14 years ago

The greater question is.... is a "point" necessary for something to be relevant and entertaining?

I mean, c'mon, I still watch old Beavis and Butthead episodes. That's some funny shit.

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#282441 - 14 years ago

In reply to you_suck, #16:

Mr Bean is funny, Spongebob is funny... Yes anything without a point actually is funny!

• SonicSam

SonicSam

#283125 - 14 years ago

Farther in the serise there will might become a point to everybody remembers anything.

And before there is a point ppl might have questions like.

Who is the audience?
    Will everybody remeber everything?
    Will everything go back to normal?
    Whats the mysterious voice.
    Who that wavy guy on that sort of tv thing?
    And So Many More.....

But like other say....A serise without a point is funnier that with a point.

Because alot of shows don't have points to it but its still funny. As long as it makes sence I think its funny.

• Thomai

Thomai

#283157 - 14 years ago

In reply to SonicSam, #18:

and that my friends is the beauty of anything successful.

Dear TV,
    Way to prey on our undeniable curiosity and ridiculous inability to find amusement in the smallest of things.

Ass.

Sincerely,
    Thomai xoxo

• Shownarou

Shownarou

#292716 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mithhuanion, #17:

Spongebob is nowhere near funny! Not everything without a point is funny. I only found a few parts of strangerhood that actually were funny... Red vs Blue had many points to it..

• coleco

coleco

#295111 - 14 years ago

I beleave that The Strangerhood is probbaly a Sitcom reality TV show mixed with the sims 2 and the stupid things that can happen within that game of its own...

• Knives_Kill

Knives_Kill

#295280 - 14 years ago

OK. Classic example.

Seinfeld.

The premise of the show was there there is no point to it. And, it was awesome. :) They even made an episode about pitching a show 'with no point' to NBC. It was a TV show where the characters would pitch itself to the network it was being broadcast on at that moment.

Chris

• jokingclown

jokingclown

#295906 - 14 years ago

If you are worried about the show not having a point, go listen to the very first paragraph of the very first episode of Red Vs Blue. :)

• Goat_Sucker

Goat_Sucker

#300891 - 14 years ago

It's a sitcom.

• MagusX303

MagusX303

#305314 - 14 years ago

In reply to Goat_Sucker, #24:

right now i think the stranger hood blows. im giving it 2 more eps to start being funny or im just not gunna dl it anymore.