Forums > The Strangerhood

Who would play them in the SH movie?

Posts (24)

• Deviques

Deviques

#289177 - 14 years ago

I would like to discuss about your opinion, who would be the best actor to play the characters for the Strangerhood? I thought Gweneth Paltrow would be great in the role of Chatrine, and Dolf Lundgren as Griggs. Any other ideas?

• Ninchilla

Ninchilla

#289249 - 14 years ago

In reply to Deviques, #1:

If you were to take The Strangerhood out of The Sims 2, it would totally defeat the point. This is a redundant avenue of thought.

• Deviques

Deviques

#289265 - 14 years ago

In reply to Ninchilla, #2:

I know, and I agree with you. It's just a "what if", you know what I mean. Just think about an actor who could play one of them. I don't know, why are you taking it so serious.

• 00Crimson

00Crimson

#289537 - 14 years ago

im gonna say for that guy who says "trashcan... mail box... carpet..." in the suit...

jim carry. blatently.

wade/darrrrrrnt has got to be ryan renyolds (van wilder guy).

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#289957 - 14 years ago

I gotta go with John Stewart for Sam, and Samuel L. Jackson for Dr. Chalmers

• Deviques

Deviques

#290756 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #5:

I think Eddie Murphy would be better in the role of Dr. Chalmers. Think about The Nutty Proffersor, where he play aseveral characters. And I think Rob Schneider would be perfect for Tovar

• rhino1045

rhino1045

#299509 - 14 years ago

I wouldn't know who would play the characters yet because it's only up to Episode 3 and they haven't had time to express themselves fully.

• Bloodywheels

Bloodywheels

#299669 - 14 years ago

Owen Wilson as Wade
    Jason Biggs as Sam
    Jennifer Love Hewitt as Nikki
    Jeff Goldblum as Dutchmiller
    Bruce Willis as Griggs

• Deviques

Deviques

#300178 - 14 years ago

In reply to Bloodywheels, #8:

Yeah, Jason Biggs is good idea. And I haven't got anyone for Dutchmiller yet, but you have a good opinion.

• TMRiddle1331

TMRiddle1331

#300368 - 14 years ago

In reply to Deviques, #9:

Could you really change the person who played dutchmiller!

• frodobaggins

frodobaggins

#300480 - 14 years ago

this is my casting list.... this would be the greatest cast ever assembled..

dutchmiller -- jim carey.. you have to have both wit and comedy to play this part... jim has both

wade -- seann wiliam scott ... the ultimate slacker/partier.... just watch dude where's my car... its his role all over again...

sam -- jerry seinfeld... voice of reason, but has some wit as well... just trust me on this one... (although john stewart would be good for this one too....)

catherine -- cameron diaz... i just think she could pull this off... and besides... she's hot.. end of story...

nikki -- jennifer garner.... couldnt you just see her in the hat, screaming "helloooooo?!?"

chalmers -- chris rock... i could just hear him going on and on about the TV and phone....

griggs -- Robert De Niro.... nuff said... after dealing with ben stiller as a son in law, i think he could handle this role easily...

tovar -- adam sandler... this would be incredible to see.... i just think that adam could make tovar become one of the most beloved characters.... and who wouldnt love to hear him discussing the fish naming process with chris rock?

the role of the fish shall be played by nemo....

this is my cast list... give me comments and feeback....

• Deviques

Deviques

#302119 - 14 years ago

In reply to frodobaggins, #11:

I'm not sure aobut Kim Carrey for Dutchmiller, I think an italian guy would be better, you know what I mean. Dutchmiller is creol, an he's defenitly italian.
    Owen Willson is perfect for Wade, I thought about sean, but Owen is better.
    Your Sam is ok.
    Cathrine: Gweneth Paltrow. Camaron is to smiley for her.
    I have nothing with your Nikkoi, I think it's a good wiev
    Robert De Niro is too old for Griggs. Kurt Russel, Dolf Lundgren od Bruce Willis.
    Chalmers is ok, and I think Adam Sandler for Tovar is the best choice.

• Edmund

Edmund

#302868 - 14 years ago

Sam- Hunter Foster. He played Seymour in Little Shop of Horrors on Broadway. Not a name, but he's perfect for the role.
    Catherine- Gwyneth. Gotta be.
    Nikki- I agree with whoever said Jennifer Garner.
    Dutchmiller- Ben Stiller. He played a very Dutchmiller-esque character on The Ben Stiller Show.
    Tovar- Fred Armisen. SNL's gurrewnt master of insane people of vague ethnicity.
    Griggs- Chris Titus. I love this guy. Stand-up is great, but he needs another acting job. And you know he can do angry.
    Wade- Owen Wilson sounds good, but I don't want this to be a Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson movie. So Luke Wilson doing an Owen Impression.
    Chalmers- Sam Jackson? Chris Rock? What's with you people? They're all too young. The only one for the part is Ossie Davis.

• tasagi

tasagi

#303256 - 14 years ago

hm so far i'm agreeing with different people.

Sam - i think luke wilson would be better playing him. after seeing him in alex and emma that kinda fits sams role.

Cathrine would be cameron diaz.
    Nikki - yea jennifer garner or Jennifer love hewitt. (it would be nice to see her in movies again)
    Dutchmiller - definetlly jim carrey.
    Tovar - yes adam sandler
    Griggs - tom berenger. (the dude from sniper)
    Wade - owen wilson
    Chalmers - Samuel L. seems like the best bet. he's getting old enough

• Edmund

Edmund

#304041 - 14 years ago

Doth no one see the light? Ossie Davis IS Chalmers. See "I'm Not Rappaport" or "Bubba-Ho-Tep" and see what I mean.

• Er0

Er0

#304350 - 14 years ago

Rowan Atkinson should be Tovar. Think of Rat Race. I know Tovar is a lot darker than Rowan Atkinson, but so what? Rowan Atkinson is perfect for Tovar.

• NYYMattS

NYYMattS

#306907 - 14 years ago

There are a lot of clever picks, but some of them seem pretty old. Maybe other people see the characters differently, but I think of most of them--aside from Chalmers and Griggs-- as college age to late 20's.

I saw John Witherspoon host The Late, Late Show the other night, and he would be PERFECT for Chalmers. I think the modeled Chalmers' voice after his. Ossie Davis, however, is also a really good pick.

Any WB/MTV flavor of the month would be perfect for Nikki. Perhaps having real acting talent would help, but someone who's vapid in real life would probably actually be better.

Sean William Scott strikes me as too lively to be Drrrrnt/Wade. Wade's more of a slow stoner type, not a fast, aggressive one.

I'll say it: Bruce Campbell as Griggs!

• Roki

Roki

#307298 - 14 years ago

OK here is my Cast list

Sam-Mathew Perry
    Wade-Owen Wilson
    Dr Chalmers- Eddie Murphy
    DutchMiller- Jim Carey
    Nikki- Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Catherine- Cameron Diaz
    Griggs- Bruce Willis
    Tovar - Robert Schnieder

• Deviques

Deviques

#307548 - 14 years ago

In reply to Roki, #18:

I like your view, i almost agrre with you in everything, but Dutchmiller has to be an italian guy, I don't know any actor yet, Cathrine is Gweneth, and Bruce willis is too serious for Griggs, but it could be. You got the point

• Vaelor

Vaelor

#307780 - 14 years ago

Man, I must be the exception that proves the rule or something, but with some of the cast lists you guys have chosen, I'd rather spend two hours trying to chew off my own face than watch The Strangerhood movie!!

I mean please... a movie with Jim Carey, Sean William Scott, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider and Adam Sandler?!? Aside from the fact that none of those people even remotely come close to even vaguely resembling anything that could be misconstrued as ANY of the Strangerhood characters, but isn't that just a kick-in-the-balls overdose on in your face slapstick dick and fart joke comedy? Hell, why not throw in David Spade, Pauly Shore, Michael Richards, Jason Alexander, and the ghost of Chris Farley and really make it the most awful film ever made? =P

That said, there have been some great suggestions here too, IMHO. Definately Owen Wilson for Wade. And as much as I prefer Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Love Hewitt would make a better Nikki. Eddie Murphy would have to be Chalmers - he'd have to be aged like in Nutty Professor, but the voice/attitude is right in his niche. I also agree with Cameron Diaz for Catherine. She's got just that right blend of ditz and sparkle. I could see Matthew Perry as Sam, but I don't think he's perfect for the role, I just can't think of anybody better offhand. And I think whoever said Kurt Russell for Griggs hit it right on the head too.

As for Dutchmiller and Tovar, I honestly can't think of ANYBODY just now who would do either character justice, but at the risk of getting two dozen Lame and Flamebait mod points for saying so, I think every single suggestion for these two characters so far has been painfully bad. Come on guys - Jim Carey? Adam Sandler?? Really, truly, no.

But hey, that's just my two cents worth, and I'm biased. I hate Adam Sandler, I can't stand Seinfeld, and that whole subgenre of comedy just makes me queasy. I really don't think that The Strangerhood - even if it does appear to be a show about nothing so far - is anywhere near that level of "comedy" or "acting", and shouldn't be cheapened by making it such. =)

And now I'm going to shut up while I still have some karma points left. =P

• Deviques

Deviques

#309340 - 14 years ago

In reply to Vaelor, #20:

Thanks for agreeing with me in Eddy Murphy for Chalmers, he's perfect for this role. What's your problem with Adam Sandler? I have problems too with Jim Carrey for Dutchmiller.

• Edmund

Edmund

#309888 - 14 years ago

In reply to Vaelor, #20:

I mean please... a movie with Jim Carey, Sean William Scott, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider and Adam Sandler?!? Aside from the fact that none of those people even remotely come close to even vaguely resembling anything that could be misconstrued as ANY of the Strangerhood characters, but isn't that just a kick-in-the-balls overdose on in your face slapstick dick and fart joke comedy?

I think it's most peoples' first time playing the casting game, and thay're just naming actors they like (i.e. Adam Sandler, Seinfeld) because they either aren't practiced enough in dream-casting, or just don't know many actors. I do this all the time for my own amusement, as i imagine some of you others do. It's a fun hobby, and I'm glad to see more people playing. Don't harsh on them, they're just new to this.

Oh, and whoever said John Witherspoon as Chalmers? Genius. I'm still ginning for Ossie, though.

• alex_221

alex_221

#340464 - 14 years ago

In reply to Roki, #18:

good call on them, but i would throw ben stiller in for someone.....wilson and stiller are a great team

• cobracomnder

cobracomnder

#386009 - 14 years ago

In reply to Bloodywheels, #8:

Owen Wilson as Wade
    Jason Biggs as Sam
    Jennifer Love Hewitt as Nikki
    Jeff Goldblum as Dutchmiller
    Bruce Willis as Griggs

i would add Bronson Pinchot to play Tovar (Balki Bartakomous from the sitcom Perfect Strangers)
    he does a great slavic accent