Forums > The Strangerhood

Will They Remember?

Posts (35)

• Maidenfine

Maidenfine

#291760 - 14 years ago

I tried to resist starting a new thread but I didn't see anyone who had really confronted this topic. It seems to me that everyone is assuming that at some point the characters will regain their memories. But I don't think so. If the characters in the Strangerhood are supposed to actually be in the game, they have no past. They were created as adults. So they have no memories because they are basically just born. Does anybody think that I'm way off with this? I mean, maybe I'm putting too much thought into it. But it seems logical to me as a Sims player.

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#292260 - 14 years ago

In reply to Maidenfine, #1:

Well I didn't exactly catch the feeling that 'everyone is assuming that at some point the characters will regain their memories.' Actually I agree with you, but I do think they will find out more than just their names.
    But it's a RT production, so we might be far from the truth.

• Er0

Er0

#292581 - 14 years ago

I don't know who... but someone mentioned the posibility of them not having anything to remember, because they are just sims. I like that idea. I don't mean to sound sarcastic, and a jackass, I'm serious. Kind of like the matrix... except they are computer programs... or something. Point being they are just AI and don't realize it (plot wise).

• Er0

Er0

#292583 - 14 years ago

Damn I feal like an idiot... this is the thread where I got the idea from. I really should start reading the whole post.

• SonicSam

SonicSam

#292630 - 14 years ago

Ya that does make does make sence if it has to do with Sims.
    Like you said"They Were Born Adults....Sorta."

I agree that they probably will remember or probably wont remember. 50/50

Maidenfire:+1 Cool For U

• Maidenfine

Maidenfine

#294024 - 14 years ago

In reply to Mithhuanion, #2:
    Well I didn't exactly catch the feeling that 'everyone is assuming that at some point the characters will regain their memories.'

It just seemed to me that I had seen a lot of talk about "how long do you think it will take them to remember?" and "What do you think is in their past?" but I didn't see a lot of talk about "Do they have anything to remember?" So I took the absence of the last question to mean that pretty much everybody assumed they were going to remember.

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#295061 - 14 years ago

In reply to Maidenfine, #6:

It's a good thread. I just didn't feel the same. But that's OK ;)

Well actually I think we are sims. I mean, I remember shit before my 3rd!

• NeloAngelo

NeloAngelo

#298362 - 14 years ago

Maybe they are criminals and nobody wants them to remember their identities. Or part of an expirement or something.

• Mithhuanion

Mithhuanion

#299444 - 14 years ago

In reply to NeloAngelo, #8:

Dutchmiller points fingers: "Bank, fantastic. Runaway car: fantastic. Cops... Fantastic."
    Catherine: "You are not very bright."

• kesgy

kesgy

#299455 - 14 years ago

That's a great point. It never occurred to me that the "no past" scenario was a possible story direction. The more I think about it, the more plausible it sounds. In season 3, Rooster Teeth has hinted at the fact that the Red vs. Blue universe might exist in some video-game-generated reality. Then again, maybe RT set up the whole teleporter / alternate reality thing just as an excuse to poke fun at all the online first person shooter clichés. Whatever the case, the audience was treated to a bunch of amusing gaming references.

This time around with The Strangerhood, I think it's safe to say that we can expect a few gags premised on Sims 2. And who knows? Maybe the characters really will discover that they merely exist in a virtual universe. It would give RT an opportunity to further elaborate on all of Grif's existential questions that went unanswered in Episode 1 of Red vs. Blue. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’d get a kick out of seeing that.

• Gangster_47

Gangster_47

#300623 - 14 years ago

In reply to kesgy, #10:

Actually when I watched the first two episodes I thought that it would eventually lead to them regaining their memory but when I watched the third episode I completely forgot that scenario, and I don't think that it is like that but because they were created as adults so no past memories.

• bristolsk8er

bristolsk8er

#308440 - 14 years ago

if you think about it the strangerhood is just a SHOW! it isnt supposed to be based on how the sims 2 works... like you say they wont remember because they were born as adults, thats not actually the point... the sims 2 is used to create a show they don't exactly use story lines on how it works

• emissary

emissary

#309674 - 14 years ago

It does make you wonder.........

Especially with all this talk about "are we real" in the "real" world. This is a subject which deserves some attention. Plus, it could lead to some very interesting plotlines. Go alternative reality!

• espn182005

espn182005

#318343 - 14 years ago

no they wont remember a thing ever

• hyo

hyo

#318657 - 14 years ago

In reply to espn182005, #14:

saw this thread after I posted something similar in another thread....

yup... I think they won't remember a thing cos there's nothing to remember.

but won't it be cool if they found that they are in a GAME????? what if they want to break out into the 'real' world?? matrix-in-a-sit-com, anyone? LOL

• magmar2k

magmar2k

#335890 - 14 years ago

In reply to hyo, #15:

That would be pretty cool. I doubt it would happen, but it would be rad if it was like that simpsons: treehouse of horrors episode where homer went into the real world.

• Coolmax1222

Coolmax1222

#351353 - 14 years ago

you r not thinking too much on this, and I think that your thought is the moral of these series.

• Strafio

Strafio

#353008 - 14 years ago

I reckon that "The Voice" will give them some memories to spice things up...
    There has to be some sort of flashback at some point or other...

• Coolmax1222

Coolmax1222

#353075 - 14 years ago

In reply to Strafio, #18:

Exactly right, there should always be a moral to a sitcom...with the exeption of Seinfeld.

• Tea_Annie

Tea_Annie

#356648 - 14 years ago

Well, in the games The Sims 2 even brand newly created adults come with "memories". They've all met and kissed the mystery sim, for whatever reason. If they happen to be part of a married pair, they remember instead meeting, kissing each other and falling in love, getting married, and having any children you might have graced them when you created the family.

I think the shows we have seen so far support the "they really are sims" theory. Sam remembers his name, but that could very well be a pre-creation memory as well. And maybe Wade is remembering the Mystery sim, whom he misundertstood when she spoke to him (sims aren't too coherant, I've noticed).

I could very well be wrong, but that's okay. I'm interested in seeing how the series unfolds.

• Coolmax1222

Coolmax1222

#356897 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tea_Annie, #20:

r u saying that the mystery Sim's name is Duurrrrnt?

• Tea_Annie

Tea_Annie

#356947 - 14 years ago

It *could* be. It's all very mysterious, you know.

• Coolmax1222

Coolmax1222

#356980 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tea_Annie, #22:

very true!

• Zatara

Zatara

#363600 - 14 years ago

I'm all for the idea of pasts - whether it's their real past or the voice making them think it. I think it would be cool to see them remembering something that happened when they were a kid.

• Herr_Olen

Herr_Olen

#364183 - 14 years ago

I Just watched the current episodes and I believe that there could've been a little more creation detail provided. I mean look at how the characters were somewhat fleshed out in RvB. Church talked about his past a little; and I'm sure that the rest have a past too, although I'm sure if I wanna know what is in their past seeing the end results. So I think that they (the cast of Strangerhood) do have a past, seeing how the RT team devloped RvB.