Forums > The Strangerhood

Strangerhood Holiday Special Released!

Posts (47)

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#320478 - 14 years ago

Hey guys, check the video section. Then discuss the video here.

If you want a transcript, get it here

• CapitalM

CapitalM

#320501 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

I loved it. My favorite parts was Dutchmiller singing and Sam's frusrtaed face. It was hillarious!

• shizknight

shizknight

#320544 - 14 years ago

Reminded me a lot of the Old Navy commercials currently running on tv.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#320545 - 14 years ago

In reply to CapitalM, #3:

I find it odd how one of the first things that was said was that they couldn't remember anything about any holidays but everyone was talking about it. Maybe by saying "We", Sam really meant "I"?

• alaskaburke

alaskaburke

#320622 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #5:
    no he said he can't anything about the day it is
    not about the holidays it self, watch the movie again

its great but on a side note
    whats with the other characters standing perfectly still in the background,
    except when they aren't talking

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#320631 - 14 years ago

In reply to alaskaburke, #6:

Oh, I see, alright. I'll have to rewatch it again.

I think they're standing still because that's what idle people do in Sims 2. I'm no expert. Far from. But what I want to know is was the tree in the game or added masterfully later? Probly the former.

• JoshJ

JoshJ

#320643 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

NO AUDIENCE Yaya, that rocks! They were so annoying...

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#320646 - 14 years ago

In reply to JoshJ, #8:

Might still be there next ep. This wasn't much to do with the storyline. Just like RvB PSAs

• RossMills

RossMills

#320666 - 14 years ago

As an OC fan, I must say that I prefer "Chrismukkah" to "Christmahunnakkah"

• cubsfan05

cubsfan05

#320707 - 14 years ago

In reply to JoshJ, #8:

i couldn't agree more! i really hated that audience

• granndmaster

granndmaster

#320717 - 14 years ago

Nice episode, although it wasn't a real episode, I really enjoyed watching it.

Also I saw a kind of major mistake:

after about 10 seconds dutchmiller in the back kind of does something with his hands and then there's another shot where he stands completely still again. It looks kinda dumb.

Happy chirstmahunnakkah!

• Renarded

Renarded

#320781 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

dude stranger hood honostly was a good idea but its pretty bad i seriously think they should re do itor make it funny

• Chihuahua

Chihuahua

#320993 - 14 years ago

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking Strangerhood kind of sucks. Red vs Blue was awesome in the beginning, had a bit of a lull in the middle and is starting to get good again. Strangerhood isn't even starting out well. It's not clever, the jokes are weak and there's no discernable story. I know it's supposed to be like a sitcom, where there's only a very loose continuous story and each episode deals with new events, but there's been NO plot development so far. The plot thusfar is as follows: a bunch of people don't know where they are. I have yet to be impressed with an episode. I liked the intro/trailer but the episodes are slack.

By the way, what's with stealing Christmukkah from the O.C.? The Rooster Teeth guys are usually pretty original, but they just jacked a theme from a television series for this video. It's not even really a parody, it's the same thing with a different name. The difference is instead of having the joint holiday to bring a family together and promote understanding and caring, they want more presents. If that was supposed to be the parody, it's really not a great one.

I would much rather have had a new RvB episode or PSA than that junk. I hope Strangerhood starts getting better very, very soon.

• Band_Geek17

Band_Geek17

#321079 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

Personally, I'm kinda sick of the watered-down, generic, politically correct "Happy Holidays." But I guess I'm biased, being a Christian and all. So I enjoyed the basic theme of the video and liked how it mocked how politically correct the season has become. But here's a question to non-Christians: Is it really that offensive to you if I were to wish you a Merry Christmas? I think this deserves a new journal entry.......

• LtFiggnuts

LtFiggnuts

#321102 - 14 years ago

I used to be all PC like that, but since becoming a Christian, I figure, I'm going to say Merry Christmas. There's really no reason to get offended by it, and I doubt I'd get offended if a Jewish person wished me a Happy Hannukah - it's not them telling me to up and join their faith, it's them wishing me a good, merry holiday - that just happens to be the one they celebrate.

• Kamakura

Kamakura

#321118 - 14 years ago

In reply to Band_Geek17, #15:

I'd rather have another PSA from RvB...this just reminds me of that phone commercial...When you aren't able to control all the people at once and they are just standing still very blankly, it just looks so bad...I really think that this Holiday Special proves just how dumb this series is...Screw this series...gives us back our weekly RvB episodes back!

• StaffyJr

StaffyJr

#321379 - 14 years ago

I think Wade was right and just jumble all the holidays together you get the best out of all of them and thats what we all want for christmas Right?

• bremma

bremma

#321435 - 14 years ago

They should have gone for Chrismahankwanzadan. Though... mixing 2 holidays is probably hard enough.

• Spideyprl

Spideyprl

#322029 - 14 years ago

My sides hurt form laughing so hard.

• collyer_1

collyer_1

#322358 - 14 years ago

THANK YOU ROOSTER TEETH for removing the audience from this video. You're a saviour to both my tympanic membranes... (I.e. ear drums)

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#322516 - 14 years ago

To everyone who hates Strangerhood and is knocking this piece because it's Strangerhood. THIS WASN'T AN EPISODE! It was a side comment like RvB's PSAs. I'm willing to bet that if they had done the same dialogue (minus the bit about not remembering anything) and put it Halo with RvB characters, everyone would be saying it was the best thing to happen since sliced bread and safe sex. Overanalytical, everyone is. Just sit down, clear your mind, and enjoy what Rooster Teeth gives us. If you don't like it, then don't watch it and save us the bitching about how much you hate it.

• Chihuahua

Chihuahua

#323071 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #23:

Nah, I'm pretty sure if they tried to pull that kind of junk with RvB I'd still be pissed. It was just writing. Bad is bad, no matter what series. The stuff about how Strangerhood isn't very good is just observation. It works like this: Strangerhood has yet to have an even close to decent episode. The Strangerhood holiday garbage thing was of poor quality. These are loosely related, though separate. I want Red vs Blue back. I don't care if there's a three week stretch between SH episodes. I don't care if there's a two MONTH stretch between SH episodes. Every week I don't see a new RvB, however...I'm disappointed.

• Fritto

Fritto

#323084 - 14 years ago

Man, this one was cool. All videos should be the same quality as this one, dont you think?

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#323422 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chihuahua, #24:

I repeat:
    If you don't like it [The Strangerhood], then don't watch it and save us the bitching about how much you hate it.

• MrSuborbian8

MrSuborbian8

#324732 - 14 years ago

I think the strangerhood is "weak" because they are running two series at the same time. We get like 1 update every 3 to 4 weeks. It is losing interest. They would have been better off doing the strangerhood for a season and then doing red vs blue for a season. They can't keep going back and forth. It is rediculous to have 2 going at the same time. I really want to know what's going on in both series and they have NOT made a new episode for about a month. At least for us non sponsors. Lazy bums.