Forums > The Strangerhood

Strangerhood Holiday Special Released!

Posts (47)

• doober187

doober187

#324859 - 14 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #1:

As a jew...I LOVED IT!!!...as a person I loved it...HAPPY MERRY CHRISMAHANAKWANZARAMAYULE EVERYONE!!!

• Chihuahua

Chihuahua

#325017 - 14 years ago

In reply to MrSuborbian8, #27:

It's true. I want to watch the Strangerhood and I want to like it, I really do. I just haven't been impressed YET. Faint hope is better than none.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#325025 - 14 years ago

Lazy bums.

I take it you mean us non-sponsors?

• anniebeb

anniebeb

#325206 - 14 years ago

In reply to EccentricNed, #2:

:) i agree!! i like it :D

<3ANNIEBEB :)

• MrSuborbian8

MrSuborbian8

#326225 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #30:

I take it you mean us non-sponsors?

no i'm talking about rooster teeth

• bryguy

bryguy

#326230 - 14 years ago

I really liked it. It was very funny

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#326316 - 14 years ago

In reply to MrSuborbian8, #32:

You call Rooster Teeth lazy bums?! They put out a sponsor's only episode of RvB, a Strangerhood holiday special, AND a RvB holiday special. We're the lazy ones not supporting their assbreaking to satisfy the masses!

• MrSuborbian8

MrSuborbian8

#326842 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #34:

Don't forget, they're not doing it totally for free. They're making money on the merchandise and $10 per sponsor.

• hyperactive_

hyperactive_

#327238 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #7:

No, they didn't add the tree in by themselves, it is an object that people can download for their the sims 2 game at thesims2.com

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#327994 - 14 years ago

In reply to MrSuborbian8, #35:

No, they are getting paid to do it, but the least we can do is at least consider (highly) to throw our ten bucks in to support them all the more. Just because they do what they're paid for doesn't make 'em lazy or bums. So I don't know what you're on about.

• BorntoKill

BorntoKill

#328154 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chihuahua, #14:

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking Strangerhood kind of sucks. Red vs Blue was awesome in the beginning, had a bit of a lull in the middle and is starting to get good again. Strangerhood isn't even starting out well. It's not clever, the jokes are weak and there's no discernable story. I know it's supposed to be like a sitcom, where there's only a very loose continuous story and each episode deals with new events, but there's been NO plot development so far. The plot thusfar is as follows: a bunch of people don't know where they are. I have yet to be impressed with an episode. I liked the intro/trailer but the episodes are slack.

By the way, what's with stealing Christmukkah from the O.C.? The Rooster Teeth guys are usually pretty original, but they just jacked a theme from a television series for this video. It's not even really a parody, it's the same thing with a different name. The difference is instead of having the joint holiday to bring a family together and promote understanding and caring, they want more presents. If that was supposed to be the parody, it's really not a great one.

I would much rather have had a new RvB episode or PSA than that junk. I hope Strangerhood starts getting better very, very soon.

I agree with everything you said.

If this were a sitcom on actual television it would have been cancelled before the first episode even ended. As for the writing, I think they have separate writing teams. I mean, look at the Red vs. Blue Holiday episode, and then compare it to the Strangerhood's. There's no way that someone who wrote the hilarious episode of Red vs. Blue, could do such a 360 and produce this piece of crap!

Now as for where the Strangerhood is going as a series, I'd bet that they make a few more episodes, or maybe even finish out the season, then they realize how bad it is, and drop it. Then everything will go back to normal and we can all pretend this train wreck never happened.

• petre

petre

#328264 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #26:

Suggestion taken. I choose not to watch it. However, now I have to bitch about how much I hate it because I feel it was a waste of time for them to make it just to have me not watch it.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#328413 - 14 years ago

In reply to petre, #39:

Selfish are we? They're not making it for you, they're making it for everyone who likes it.

• petre

petre

#328587 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #40:

No, selfish would be choosing to not watch it and remaining silent. For the greater good, I take the time to rail against that-which-is-not-worth-their-creative-talents so that their energies may be more focused :P

• Lavarock

Lavarock

#328920 - 14 years ago

In reply to BorntoKill, #38:
    I'm pretty sure you mean a 180

---------------

I think it's going to take a while to get The Strangerhood to become a really good show. It's a lot more complex, and you can't just blow something up for an immediate laugh. Red vs. Blue didn't really need much plot development or set-up at all, but The Strangerhood needs some time.

BTW, have you actually ever played The Sims or The Sims 2? It's hard as hell to get someone to eat a fucking sandwich, let alone get eight of them to stand in one room, not fuck with anything around them, and to have one keep talking without losing interest, then to do it all over again when his lips don't move the right way.

I personally thought it was pretty funny.

Didn't you like the "NO, THAT WAS ALL YOU, MORON." joke in the second episode?

• mercgurl

mercgurl

#329040 - 14 years ago

In reply to Lavarock, #42:

Well said.

Have you seen that Virgin Mobile commercial and their "Christmahanukwanzaakuh" jingle? That's what this holiday short reminded me of. Nice! ^_^

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#329177 - 14 years ago

In reply to petre, #41:

While rereading your post (#39), this is what I read:
    "RT should not make Strangerhood so I don't have something to not like. They should spend all their time on my favorite show, RvB, so I can be happy. Because I hate the Strangerhood."

That's not selfish? If it isn't, I really don't want to know what real selfish is.

• BorntoKill

BorntoKill

#329339 - 14 years ago

In reply to Lavarock, #42:

Yeah, that's what I meant.

• petre

petre

#329651 - 14 years ago

In reply to FlaymKnight, #44:

Or you could have read it as "This crew is wasting its time on Strangerhood since the interface appears much more difficult to use in creating movies of lesser quality"

Similarly I could your post as:
    "I disagree with you, as is bound to happen when it comes to opinion. I like the Strangerhood and hope that they continue to produce this fine product. Please do not ask that they terminate it."

or perhaps:
    "You are WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG, you're an idiot RvB fan. Go away"

or even:
    "Hi, I'm a part-time troll. You seem interested in defending a position of not being selfish, so I will call you selfish at every opportunity in an attempt to elicit a response from you in some attempt to validate my existance (j/k :)"

However, I lack digital clairvoyance, so I shall leave post-interpretation to the experts :P

At the risk of adding something to the discussion, I'll include a thought I've had recently about SH. In the first episode, the characters were interested in finding out why they were there. So were we. There was that thin thread of common bond. Upon finding out that they were all placed there by (aliens?) for the amusement of (us?), they turned their attention to...a fish. I might have expected a few of them to pool their half-dozen collective brain cells and wonder about where they came from in the first place, or if they should be trying to escape, or something. But they just stopped caring apparantly. And about that time, so did I.

• FlaymKnight

FlaymKnight

#329730 - 14 years ago

In reply to petre, #46:

Ok, that was quite funny, I'll give you that, but I mearly go on about it because you seem intent that RT should discontinue SH just because you don't like it.

As for the last paragraph...

At the risk of adding something to the discussion, I'll include a thought I've had recently about SH. In the first episode, the characters were interested in finding out why they were there. So were we. There was that thin thread of common bond. Upon finding out that they were all placed there by (aliens?) for the amusement of (us?), they turned their attention to...a fish. I might have expected a few of them to pool their half-dozen collective brain cells and wonder about where they came from in the first place, or if they should be trying to escape, or something. But they just stopped caring apparantly. And about that time, so did I.

Interesting, I don't recall anyone bringing that up before. Maybe the sudden voice coming from the telly threw off their thinking? Or perhaps all, like Wade, were thrown by sight of the dead fish. But, still, this was a holiday episode, so nothing like that really matters. I don't know bout you, but I'll wait till Ep4 comes to see where it goes.

• hypersaxon

hypersaxon

#334760 - 14 years ago

Funnest Strangerhood-related thing I've seen yet, which is a good sign. I actually laughed several times during this, especially once they started up with the Christmannukah lmao

The past couple episodes have gotten a tad bit funnier, hopefully this new PSA is a sign of things to come.

• hypersaxon

hypersaxon

#334763 - 14 years ago

Favorite quote: "Superman... and Bizarro Superman!"